I've Been Perma-Banned; My Reform Card~A Case Study

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GANKUU

Member

09-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prandine View Post
I'll try to help you out, and I'll break it down into each game followed by an overall summary at the end.

Game 1: You get mad and yell at nunu for apparently feeding the enemy team then you give up on the game and refused to cooperate with your team after that. Maybe he was a player trying out nunu, but regardless there was no reason to yell at him and curse him out. Punish.

Game 2: Seems to me you were cursing out your team and the enemy ryze. From one of the reported reasons it says and I quote "Consistently pushing top, the entire game. Would not stop pushing top, even as our Nexus was destroyed. Participated in one teamfight. Overall troll and potential ban. " which seems to me that you don't like to listen to your teammates. Punish.

Game 3: You start off by getting mad at fiddlesticks and saying "I hope you die", then later on in the match when he apologizes for dc'ing 3 times you still say you don't care and you're gonna report him because "a dc is a dc", even though he says he didn't do it on purpose. You also curse your team out and call them feeders. Punish.

Game 4: This is the worst match. Immediately you say you want to "rape zyra" then continue on and throw out a bunch of racial slurs for most of the match.
The reported reason stated "He purposely got me killed bot lane over and over. For example, he would sit there and wait as I fought ezreal and got him low. Then, once I was dead and ez was low, he would jump in and attack for the kill. He also purposely positioned himself poorly and left me to die as I attempted to do something to save him. He even admitted as much and taunted me in team chat. Please ban this troll." and they were right, as you even admitted to doing that and also gave up later in the match. Punish.

Overall Summary: You seem to be the kind of player who hates cooperating with their teammates. You constantly harass your teammates for mistakes, refuse to cooperate and when someone does something you don't like, you curse them out and give up on the match. Even when someone apologizes for a mistake, that's not good enough for you as you use that as an excuse to harass them as you see fit (case in point, the fiddlesticks who said they were sorry for dc'ing; you wouldn't accept it, cursed him out and reported him for dc'ing).

My advice, learn how to be a team player. Everyone makes mistakes, and when someone apologizes for one, accept it and move on. You also need to stop cursing left and right and also stop giving up on games when someone does something you don't like, as it not only tells people that you don't care about anyone but yourself, but it also makes it harder for your team to win.

That's my summary of the situation.
thanks this actually was constructive.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Prandine

Senior Member

09-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GANKUU View Post
thanks this actually was constructive.
Your welcome. I knew that you wanted to know why you were banned, so I figured I'd try to break it down for you into each game and explain to you where the faults were at. If you're really sincere about this and want to make a change, then my suggestion would be to go back over your case and what I said, and if you learn from your mistakes, you shouldn't have anymore problems.

I would also like to add that we all have bad games every now and then where we just can't get into a good groove very well, and we were also new players at one point or another as well. If you're more supportive to your teammates and offer cnc (constructive criticism), then maybe people won't get so annoyed, angry and/or mad at you as they did in these 4 games.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GANKUU

Member

09-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prandine View Post
Your welcome. I knew that you wanted to know why you were banned, so I figured I'd try to break it down for you into each game and explain to you where the faults were at. If you're really sincere about this and want to make a change, then my suggestion would be to go back over your case and what I said, and if you learn from your mistakes, you shouldn't have anymore problems.

I would also like to add that we all have bad games every now and then where we just can't get into a good groove very well, and we were also new players at one point or another as well. If you're more supportive to your teammates and offer cnc (constructive criticism), then maybe people won't get so annoyed, angry and/or mad at you as they did in these 4 games.
yeah i totally agree; thanks again for the feedback


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kinvaras666

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-14-2012

gg indeed


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rigelina

Senior Member

09-14-2012

Honestly, first perma-ban thread where I sorta want the guy to create a new account.

But I do want to know: why weren't the previous warnings/bans effective at changing your behavior? You seem to have some decent self-evaluation skills, and I'd like to know where the system could have improved so that you didn't get to the perma-ban before figuring things out.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GANKUU

Member

09-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigelina View Post
Honestly, first perma-ban thread where I sorta want the guy to create a new account.

But I do want to know: why weren't the previous warnings/bans effective at changing your behavior? You seem to have some decent self-evaluation skills, and I'd like to know where the system could have improved so that you didn't get to the perma-ban before figuring things out.
TBH, I was under the impression that you could NEVER get banned for verbal harassment and only for serious stuff like multiple leaves or what not. If I knew I could get perma banned for verbal harassment, I would have layed off of it a long time ago.

The ban has been a big eye opener and I have gotten some constructive posts in this thread, and some bashers. Never the less I'm on my other account which is level 30 and my attitude towards others has changed believe it or not.

Instead of listening to my teammates and getting aggravated by their actions, I now choose to MUTE everyone and not let there words get to me. I do not communicate with my team whatsoever because I feel that I do have a hot temper like many of the posters have said.

Some things that can be changed about tribunal bannings are:
Maybe list some things that you can change so you don't get banned, instead of just listing why they got banned.

Maybe a three strikes your out system, so that the repeat offender knows when he WILL be banned

Other then that Tribunal seems to be working fine and I want to thank everyone who posted in this thread.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Magus Crow

Senior Member

09-14-2012

Might want to watch that... remember that 'refusing to communicate' is a reportable offense and can get you thrown right back into tribunal. Probably nowhere near as fast as raging can and I doubt you'll have a problem if you can team up and work effectively but you WILL miss out on pings and MIAs and the like.

Just sayin.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rigelina

Senior Member

09-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GANKUU View Post
TBH, I was under the impression that you could NEVER get banned for verbal harassment and only for serious stuff like multiple leaves or what not. If I knew I could get perma banned for verbal harassment, I would have layed off of it a long time ago.
This is enlightening. Were the previous bans before the reform cards were implemented? I really hope the new reform cards get people to change their behavior before they get to the perma-ban stage.

I was lucky. I had a friend who uses the tribunal (he's got more than 3000 IP from tribunal cases at 5 IP a pop) who warned my gaming friends about acceptable behavior. This is good, because I have another friend who is a serious griefer in other games.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GANKUU

Member

09-16-2012

Yeah the previous bans I received had no reform cards attached with the email.

I wish someone told me T____T


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xander756

Member

09-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methelod View Post
I will make this very clear. You. Were. A. JERK. Honestly, it may have been partially constructive, but it was more rude then anything. Calling your teammates pussies, noobs, etc. is going to make them play worse.

What you need to do is learn that being a jerk ruins games, and gets you banned.
Honestly you should not be banned from a game for being a "jerk." If this was a pay-to-play game, that kind of "rules" would never fly. The only reason this is okay is because it's free. Yet Riot still shoots themselves in the foot because this type of policy ensures some people never spend a cent on the game. I will never pay for anything because I know my participation in this game requires me to walk on egg shells. This is a fail of a business model and will ultimately spell the end for League of Legends. Mark my words.