Season 2 Rewards and Ratings Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LittleDi

09-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus View Post
To recap, all summoners who participate in ranked play will end the season with a summoner icon to show for their work. Players who achieved higher rankings will also unlock more prestigious awards. On top of that, enterprising individuals who compete in multiple queues will accrue a collection of summoner icons one for each queue. Finally, summoners who earn ratings in all three queues will unlock an exclusive fourth summoner icon based on their lowest rating between the three.
The problem with this is that the summoners icon is useless outside of the game and thus not really important.

Slythro

09-13-2012

Is there any discussion of giving us medals/summoner icons/etc. for Season 1?

Or are we just going to lose our stuff from S1?

I noticed that I can not look up my rankings for S1 anymore either.

lilimit

09-13-2012

At the end of season 2, will solo/duo queue ratings be reset? Sorry This is my first change between seasons. :P

Yegg

Game Designer

Follow Yegg on Twitter

09-13-2012
35 of 36 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloriz View Post
Really important question, in the last system if you didnt played for 3-4 weeks your elo would decay to a min of 1400.Silver is 1150 now, that means that if I stop playing, my elo would decay to 1150?? If thats right, it makes me so sad
No, decay still stops at 1400, and it only affects your Current Rating so it wouldn't change what rewards you receive anyway. We'll be reevaluating how decay works for Season 3.

Yegg

Game Designer

Follow Yegg on Twitter

09-13-2012
36 of 36 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thnift View Post
Is the Janna skin only for Solo Queue Gold players? Or for any queue?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGgM Scraggy View Post
Will 3v3's gold count towards janna skin? >.< May have hope of being able get the skin then.
Yes, you can earn the Janna skin by achieving Gold or above in any queue.

Mourn Vallas

09-13-2012

any chance you will be re-evaluating how the elo system works? why do people that do good get the same elo loss as someone who feeds 0/22 and then trolls?

DrMarvinRubdown1

09-13-2012

So I haven't ever played more than 3 ranked games is it possible for me to get war hero janna if i only play 2 games a day?

TheMirai

09-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
No, decay still stops at 1400, and it only affects your Current Rating so it wouldn't change what rewards you receive anyway. We'll be reevaluating how decay works for Season 3.
So, with the changes, I'm curious why 1250 is still the cutoff for visible elo. I'm still not visible even though I'm silver. Is this a coming change with S3 or have you just not rolled out the alterations?

Giotto

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2012

Can I get a clarification on how the 5v5 rank rewards work? If say my friend joined a rank team with me about 4 months ago and we played a few games to get it to above the gold threshold, but he only participated in one of the games we played on the team. Would he still get the reward or do we have to play 4 more games with him for him to obtain the reward?

Artacon

09-13-2012

welp, the league of legends scene now technically has a material sorted ranking system... guess i can only play ranked league and not starcraft now