The reason i don't Play summonner's Rift

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2012

Hey, Hello many of you may not care but i'm Infirc and i joined league on the Leona patch, i play a lot of the other game modes you name it, Arams, treelines, Dominion, even bots, and i enjoy it at my hearts content, but i just can't play summonner's rift anymore at least not without a friend on skype to help ease things.
Summonner's rift was a cool experience at first, even when getting stomped teams would just laugh at their mistakes, we would forget it and have a fun time together after all we were new players learning the game, but the more i leveled the bitter the community got , even in normals where you are supposed to try out things and have fun the most minimal slip-up causes people to rage.
A particular experience today is what got me here, so i was really excited for Syndra since i saw her at a post about her on gamescon, she was a first day buy to me, however i'm experienced enough at the other modes to say that she's not viable outside of summonner's rift as it happens with most mages, and i probably wouldn't get her on Arams so i just solo queued for Summonner's rift for the first time since January;the champion selection screen comes out and the first thing i notice was a guy instalocking gangplank calling "solo top or afk" and telling everyone else what to play "you pick carry, you pick mid, or i afk" i paid little attention to it, i was excited because i was playing Syndra for the first time and wouldn't let some random capricious person on the internet ruin my first Syndra game. the game started and it went smooth i was at mid vs Lux was outcreeping her by 40 creeps and had already gotten 2 kills on her by level 8 , well i was at level 8 she was at 5, our bot lane was getting really fed against a Jax, shutitng his early down so that he couldn't scale and that had left us with an 11-0 lead, then a little slip up from me and the jungler got everything downhill, i had wards on mid and i was going to get 4 man ganked i was already backing, however it seemed as if they wanted to tower dive so warwick came to the rescue or tried to do so, i was unaware of what he was up to so i went and tried to help, the enemy team killed us both and we went from the 11-0 lead to an 11-2 lead, "No big deal" i thought it's still a pretty good lead but as soon as i was typing it, our Gangplank said something alongside of "noob team" and instantly disconnected leaving us down by one man and then everything got worse and worse, we were constantly outnumbered and ganked we lost our lead and without a guardian at top the enemy took the chance to free farm their forces, thrash talking erupted and the chat got filled with rage, my first game as Syndra was completely ruined just by a guy that got mad at a insignificant slip up, that's why i don't play summonner's rift, it makes people bad, it makes people rage, it makes people bossy and it makes people ruin games.

This is obviously not the first time something like this happens to me but i wanted to relate something fresh on my mind, writing relaxes me and calms me down, Sr players should try writing or drawing or calming down too before going into games with high chances of ruining it for 4 other innocent people that just want to have a nice time.

Secretnir

09-13-2012

I agree sir.

BluePriest

09-14-2012

I never play blind pick and expect to win. Thats just all there is to it. I agree its a problem, and I have all but stopped playing SR solo unless I feel like I want to have a pubstomp or be pubstomped. Its almost always one of those 2 things that happen.

SpiderParadox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-14-2012

Solo queue is awful. I don't bother playing this game unless it's with friends.

Also: You can turn off /all chat. It helps a lot in situations like this.

PhatYoshi

09-14-2012

I wager most people have had a bad experience, or something similar to the leaver game you played at some point in time. To be honest though, someone leaving the game isn't mutually exclusive to Summoner's Rift, it could happen in any queue. Although it seems you've had some back luck on the Rift, instant locking/raging/leaving can occur at anytime.

I find the more I play the less I see it.

I've been told that matchmaking in every mode, even normal queues have an Elo value, albeit hidden. Maybe you've managed to get above the constant AFK/raging/leaving stages in your Dominion matchmaking and are still in a low Rift Elo? Just trying to rationalize a reason you feel you always have bad SR experiences. This handwaving of mine of course doesn't account for custom games/ARAM for obvious reasons.

My advice regardless is just hang in there! One bad game, one bad night, one bad day, isn't enough to just give up on a game mode you otherwise enjoy!

EZ Bake Loven

09-14-2012

Your normal elo is almost non-existant. Thats why youre having a miserable time. The players youre playing with are generally unpleasant to play with. I dont think its right but you could try climbing up a bit?

Bakraah

09-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhatYoshi View Post
My advice regardless is just hang in there! One bad game, one bad night, one bad day, isn't enough to just give up on a game mode you otherwise enjoy!
Actually...yes it is.

hughhoofer

09-14-2012

id just like to say that this happens just as much if not more in draft worse to say in draft is ppl say things like oh top plz and someone will respond with well ur last pick gtfo and right from there fighting starts i have tried to learn all the dif roles so i dont cause this problem but it is sad that more layers cat go ok u wanna top thats ur best or only role u should learn more but ok i can mid well

then take mid and have a good team instead they fight all game and once u start getting mad and flustered butt hurt whatever it doesnt stop ur playing goes down u get ganked and ur mood gets worse tilll the entire team wants to kill each other not the other team

Emailsupport0219

09-14-2012

I'm sure this will help you out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=***********