The problem with AD Carries in Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Genericke

09-13-2012

My main issue is that the bruisers on the map make my life hell as an ADC for about 15-18 minutes, and then I only get to dish it back at them for the last 5-7 minutes.

TempNam325rwe5

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2012

I play Ashe as a support up until I have a PD + Vamp + LW or IE. That seems to help me.

SylianEUW

09-13-2012

Ezreal, Corki, Vayne and Jayce are probably the best ranged AD carries in Dominion at the moment. Some of those need more support than the others. Still, a skilled Vayne player can often do well in solo queue, even without much protection. That being said, having a Lulu/Janna support or something will help.

Ranged AD carries definitely have a place in Dominion, but they often depend on a decent team composition to work well.

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2012

i do not feel ranged ad are the weakest archetype but Ap ranged carries. (which doesn't mean they are weak, just someone has to be the weakest)

Vayne, Corki, Ezreal, Kayle and kog maw are all pretty good, Caitlyn and Graves are pretty decent.

The major buff to ad carries if you ask me would be to remove revive (Except vayne and kog maw they like revive.)
But overall other than revive metagame making them slightly weaker, I do not see a problem with ranged Ad.

a) I see a ranged AD on every side everygame. (slightly less lately as teams are replacing their Ad ranged with Jayce, who does it all). In fact as ranged ad player i have the problem that I can't play them as much as i want because someone else always want to play one.
b) In tournaments most teams have ranged ad in their comps, this is even more true in EU where they have ranged ad something like 100% of the time.
c) If you check top players win ratios with ranged ad the are average (And broken with Ezreal)

So where is the evidence that ranged ad need helps?

The only Ranged AD that needs help imo is Tristana and maybe Miss fortune, but that is a specific champ problem. And there is a reason they stopped being picked in SR.

GrignardTS

09-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterD103 View Post
i do not feel ranged ad are the weakest archetype but Ap ranged carries.
May be personal opinion, but I would much rather have my AD damage come from Tanky DPS and have AP Carries as walking tanky CC/support bots.

If you're comparing AD carry builds (PD+IE+Sang+LW) to AP Carry builds (Cap+VS+Rylais) then you are correct. But I don't think any AP Carry builds 'carry' on CS.

WaterD103

09-13-2012

Morgana is the mayor example of someone that is way weaker in CS because she depends on ultimate, and burst damage. Anyone that depends on long cdr cooldown ultimate and burst damage, is in big troubles with no blue buff, no blue elixir and heavy revive environment. That's the situation of many AP carries (Morgana, Annie, Vladimir.) They are not that much worse than in Summoner rift, but it's the most noticeable.
Anyway, which archetype is weaker I do not feel is an important point.

GrignardTS

09-13-2012

Quote:
Morgana is the mayor example of someone that is way weaker in CS because she depends on ultimate
Morgana is a special example. All her damage and utility are especially ineffective on CS. There are never situations where you will have 3/4 champions clumped for a 'clutch ultimate'. And with the heavy focus on movement, her ultimate tether is often broken and her slow skill shot and location AoE are near useless save for pushing bottom.

WaterD103

09-13-2012

I disagree, I play sometimes morgana and i frequently 3/4 ultimate champions, the problme is that when your ultimate isn't up, you are pretty much worthless. Imagine at minute 11 when you win a fight with morgana only for them to revive with 400 extra hp and you are a sitting duck..you revive and still a sitting duck. Remove revive, give me a decent CD on morgana ultimate and she is a good pick.

GrignardTS

09-13-2012

Quote:
I disagree, I play sometimes morgana and i frequently 3/4 ultimate champions, the problme is that when your ultimate isn't up, you are pretty much worthless.
While that is true for Morgana, it is not for any other AP. Annie and Vlad are great bottom. They just don't build carry.

Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R

09-13-2012

Quote:
The only Ranged AD that needs help imo is Tristana and maybe Miss fortune, but that is a specific champ problem. And there is a reason they stopped being picked in SR.
What do you think about Twitch, Varus, and Sivir?