Season 2 Rewards and Ratings Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blowholez

09-12-2012

so let's say my solo que is bronze, but my rank team 5v5 is diamond, do i get the diamon reawrds(banners,trim etc)

Yegg

Game Designer

Follow Yegg on Twitter

09-12-2012
26 of 36 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Well Whatever View Post
Hey Magus, can you clarify one more thing please?

Say, I'm in a team, that has 3 members playing 3v3 exclusively, and 5 members playing only 5v5 (and neither of them played 3v3 ever).
So, let's say the team acheives gold in 3v3 and bronze in 5v5. Will all its members get both awards? Or do you have to win 5 times in a specific queue to get that queue reward?
You have to win five times in the appropriate queue with that team. So if you those players want to have both the 5v5 summoner icon and the 3v3 summoner icon, they'll each need to win at least ten games with the team overall.

Basiateher

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blowholez View Post
so let's say my solo que is bronze, but my rank team 5v5 is diamond, do i get the diamon reawrds(banners,trim etc)
Yes you do,

There is this special medal if you have played ALL 3 types of queues, and you get the lowest out of all 3 queues.

Esmer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2012

Yay for plat ^^

Thanks Riot :*

Seracain

09-12-2012

Does getting the Janna skin unlock the character as well?

Vfxx

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by part time animal View Post
The 'Season 2 FAQ' ELO percentile requirements for Bronze/Silver/Gold/Platinum/Diamond are not updated for this new system. What are the percentiles for each bracket with the new system?
Riot please respond. You seem to be reiterating the same information to every idiot in here too lazy to read Magus' and Yegg's prior posts. This is the first time this has been asked in this thread.

ohpee

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
You have to win five times in the appropriate queue with that team. So if you those players want to have both the 5v5 summoner icon and the 3v3 summoner icon, they'll each need to win at least ten games with the team overall.
Does it matter when they win the five games? Do they have to win the five games when they're already gold? Or would it be cheating if they won they games in silver or bronze?

Yegg

Game Designer

Follow Yegg on Twitter

09-12-2012
27 of 36 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by part time animal View Post
The 'Season 2 FAQ' ELO percentile requirements for Bronze/Silver/Gold/Platinum/Diamond are not updated for this new system. What are the percentiles for each bracket with the new system?
We didn't use exact percentiles because we feel that it's more important that the requirements are consistent and easy to remember. But it's roughly:

Diamond - Top 0.05% to 0.1%
Platinum - Top 0.5% to 1%
Gold - Top 5% to 10%
Silver - Top 40% to 50%

Ryceman

09-12-2012

I fail to see how this system is better than the current one. I honestly don't care about ELO boosting my main concern is how your top elo is the only elo that matters. This basically removes the competitive aspect of it unless you are a top player. I enjoy checking my friends ELO to see where he is compared to where I am. I am not talking about season 2 rewards I'm talking about season 3 progression.

awwyaeh

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post

So we HAVE to win 5 games in order to get the icon? On a different account, I'm 4-2 (in ranked 5x5) but enough to hit gold (1450+). Joined and played before Sept 1, but less than 5 wins (4-2). Will that account get gold rewards?