Season 2 Rewards and Ratings Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VegaD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2012

Can you guys please answer where everyone will be reset to at the beginning of S3? Are we all starting out in Silver rating?

Quitch

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmReden View Post
This whole thing confuses me...

Right now I'm at 1313 Elo, but my Top rating this season is 1448.

Would I get silver or bronze? o_o
If you maintain your current ELO, your top rating will be reset to 1313, which is in the silver bracket (Silver IV). Congratulations.

Frinn

09-12-2012

poop now all my friends are silver even though they all suck

Tamahachi

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
Wait till you see the skin before judging too harshly. She looks incredible.

I know that the sadness stems from her not seeing a lot of competitive play right now, but she was quite popular many months ago when we picked her to be the skin. Contrary to popular belief, the balance team doesn't take upcoming skins into account when deciding what changes to make. I'm sure Janna will see a return to the competitive scene in the future.
@Yegg:

I understand you have a lot of forum posts going on right now and it must be hard to manage, but I noticed a lot of people have asked about whether or not players under lvl 30 (including me) will be getting any rewards like Judgement Kayle from last season. Seeing an answer to a comment about how "boring" the new Janna skin seems to be is a little...Not sure what the word is.

Magus

Director of Esports

09-12-2012
20 of 36 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmReden View Post
This whole thing confuses me...

Right now I'm at 1313 Elo, but my Top rating this season is 1448.

Would I get silver or bronze? o_o
1313 is Silver IV. You'll start there and if you raise your top rating to 1500, you'll get gold. You'll be guaranteed silver rewards because your top rating won't be able to go below 1313.

jungrichie

09-12-2012

I played almost 900 games of solo que and am at gold rating and will receive gold reward.
Some people I know are taking advantage of the team rank 3v3 and 5v5 to get rewards unfairly.
People have joined ranked teams that are Platinum JUST before September 1st to qualify for Platinum rewards. I would not have a problem with this if the player contributed to the team to earn the Platinum rating and thus deserve Platinum rewards. BUT, these people have not played a single game with these teams and will just smooch off their work and qualify for Platinum+ rewards while I, who put in almost 900 games will receive gold rewards. People are taking advantage of this team rank rewards. Please do something if possible.

kevybear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2012

When is the new ratings system going to implemented?

Yegg

Game Designer

Follow Yegg on Twitter

09-12-2012
21 of 36 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by iZyphur View Post
If the team gets to gold rating without you playing 5 games, and then you play 5 games with that team while under the gold threshold, do you still get gold, or did you have to play while at the gold mark.
This is fine, you'll still get rewards with the team.

The only exception would be if the team tanked its rating down to say, Bronze, through intentionally losing a long series of games, and then invited players so that they can stomp weaker opponents en route to their five wins. If we see that sort of behavior, we'll likely revoke team rewards from everyone involved.

Lakez

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Searing Mango View Post
but you dropped the elo soo much that everyone will have a trim....not that special anymore
still bumping this... the minute people play ranked games they are pretty much bronze trim now. So take away bronze all together?

Who is Sexy

09-12-2012

I heard there were rewards why don't I see anything exciting; not even IP boost or something for silver