Season 2 Rewards and Ratings Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RpiesSPIES

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2012

D: no forum badge for gold? Looks like i need to play more ranked games before the season ends so i can get plat badge

KTaxi

Master Recruiter

09-12-2012

umm i was just in a game, it lagged out (i think other players were getting it too), so i tried to relog and there was no option to rejoin. this happen to anyone else?

Vishra85

09-12-2012

Quote:
Season 2 rewards will be based on the highest rating you achieve between now and the end of the season. Once you’ve achieved a tier, you’ll have it for good, and playing more games can only help you out. In order to do this, we are resetting Top Rating for all players to their Current Rating and will be using Top Rating to determine end-of-season reward tiers.
That seems wrong to me. If you've hit a certain tier this season, you should be keeping that. There are people who have had elo decay/slumps/whatever who may have quite a bit higher elo than they currently do. Now instead of them receiving a reward for having reached that plateau this season, you're forcing them to do it again? Something wrong there...

Map Awareness

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2012

I am sad because I will never get that Janna skin, and I really love Janna.

WTB 3v3 TEAM TO CARRY ME TO GOLD.

Shock n Awesome

09-12-2012

So do we begin at 1200 elo still?

Captain Kopp

09-12-2012

How many ranked games do you have to play on the arranged team to be credited for that team?

Yegg

Game Designer

Follow Yegg on Twitter

09-12-2012
2 of 36 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50mm3r View Post
They aren't changing the badges before the season ends are they? It says season 2 at the top of the page..
These changes are in effect for Season 2. After the upcoming patch you'll see the new medals show up in your profile based on the new rating requirements.

And due to the addition of Diamond tier, all of the previous tiers are now easier to achieve. So anyone who had achieved a tier already will still be at least that tier after the update.

Comfortably Numb

09-12-2012

come on... janna skin... lame

edit: so are they removing our top elo and having our top elo our current elo?

Tenmar

09-12-2012

Quote:
we are resetting Top Rating for all players to their Current Rating and will be using Top Rating to determine end-of-season reward tiers.
That part right there is the bull****. Basically you get that one bad streak after say OVER A YEAR of playing ranked and you are denied your highest ranked?

LenfaL

09-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishra85 View Post
That seems wrong to me. If you've hit a certain tier this season, you should be keeping that. There are people who have had elo decay/slumps/whatever who may have quite a bit higher elo than they currently do. Now instead of them receiving a reward for having reached that plateau this season, you're forcing them to do it again? Something wrong there...
Because top elo doesn't mean anything.

They're simply doing the "get top rating and keep it for rewards" because they don't want people to sit on their elo until the end of the season. Otherwise, current rating is the only number that correctly identifies your CURRENT skill.