You know why 'Verbal Abuse' is a choice for reporting?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Twistana

Senior Member

09-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardulus25 View Post
Honestly, there is never a reason to be rude, and people need to grow up and realize that being mean, in any terms, is just not acceptable. The world will become a much more pleasant place the day we can weed out unnecessary abuse towards each other.

All the people that say "don't be so soft (in ruder words generally)" have NO real logical reason for their abuse. It takes two seconds to realize that it's not about you as the abuser, but about how you make the other person feel, and whether it would affect you or not, WHY be mean? What is the benefit?
Honestly, there is never a reason to take angry words said by people you do not know in real life as anything more than them venting frustration, people need to grow up and realise that harassement happens both in the real world and the internet, and to become a productive part of society as a whole they need to grow up and remember preschool rhymes "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words can never touch me. The world would be a much more pleasant place if we toughened up these weak parts of society that just....doesn't get it, we need to get better, not get upset because others tell us to get better.

All the people saying this is a serious issue and needs to be stopped have no logical brain, venting helps mental health and strength, as does growing stronger against venting people, it takes 2 seconds to realise, this person will have no affect on your life past this point and that there is an ignore feature in the game.

Stay classy gd, don't dump on yourself by supporting this weasely whining brat.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MathMage

Senior Member

09-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GankKs View Post
Honestly, there is never a reason to take angry words said by people you do not know in real life as anything more than them venting frustration, people need to grow up and realise that harassement happens both in the real world and the internet, and to become a productive part of society as a whole they need to grow up and remember preschool rhymes "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words can never touch me. The world would be a much more pleasant place if we toughened up these weak parts of society that just....doesn't get it, we need to get better, not get upset because others tell us to get better.

All the people saying this is a serious issue and needs to be stopped have no logical brain, venting helps mental health and strength, as does growing stronger against venting people, it takes 2 seconds to realise, this person will have no affect on your life past this point and that there is an ignore feature in the game.

Stay classy gd, don't dump on yourself by supporting this weasely whining brat.
Let me answer this in language you can understand:
Bull****.

There is NO REASON for you to vent IN CHAT. There is NO REASON for other people to tolerate your abuse. There is NO REASON for us to focus less on preventing abuse than on blaming the abused for not being 'tough enough to take it'. And just because I happen to be able to 'take it' doesn't mean I WANT to deal with your bile.

YOURS is the attitude that poisons the community. "I don't need to be considerate of others, they just need to man up and deal with my inconsiderate abusive behavior!" is the attitude of selfish tools, and creates an inconsiderate abusive community--i.e., what we have now.

YOU need to grow up and realize that because you have the freedom to spew nonsense at other people, you also have a responsibility to exert some self-control out of respect for others. If you can't figure that out, you don't belong here.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jupiter354

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMage View Post
Let me answer this in language you can understand:
Bull****.

There is NO REASON for you to vent IN CHAT. There is NO REASON for other people to tolerate your abuse. There is NO REASON for us to focus less on preventing abuse than on blaming the abused for not being 'tough enough to take it'. And just because I happen to be able to 'take it' doesn't mean I WANT to deal with your bile.

YOURS is the attitude that poisons the community. "I don't need to be considerate of others, they just need to man up and deal with my inconsiderate abusive behavior!" is the attitude of selfish tools, and creates an inconsiderate abusive community--i.e., what we have now.

YOU need to grow up and realize that just because you have the freedom to spew nonsense at other people means you also have a responsibility to exert some self-control out of respect for others. If you can't figure that out, you don't belong here.

So true.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sunbabies

Member

09-10-2012

Im so glad a that a thread like this was posted. As someone with anxiety and depression, I definitely know how it feels. Ive been extensively harrased by some LoL players to the point where ive had to step away and just cry. And for awhile I couldnt play normals unless I was with at least 2 other friends or else id be crazy anxious. I still dont play new champs because I know ill be *****ed at for not doing so well my first time playing a champ.

This is a great game but the community needs to change.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kades

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Associate QA Analyst - Gameplay

09-10-2012
3 of 9 Riot Posts

Alright, so the tone of this thread has definitely taken a pretty unfortunate turn.

We got some calls for some face-punching and some faux medication claims and a bunch of 'man-up' OP nonsense going on... just silliness abounds.


I guess I'll take a stab at addressing the "Man Up" stuff, because I hear a number of people saying that sentiment, even though it can vary on how colorfully they articulate it:


First off, when you are playing a game and you have a less skilled player on your team, Men do not whine and rage at the person they are playing with. Little emo brats that can't control their emotions do that.

When you are losing your lane at top or mid, Men do not blame it on their jungler. Men recognize that they are effectively playing a 2v1. They are confronting the person in their lane while constantly expecting a gank at anytime. Any ganks from their jungler are a bonus. An unexpected windfall. Little emo brats that can't control their emotions are the ones that rage at their jungler for not ganking their lane.

When you are at bottom lane and are lucky enough to have a support who offers to forgo farming at all so that you can farm as much as possible, Men do not rage at their support for being fragile throughout the game. They recognize that their support started with sub-optimal escape items while you most likely went boots. That while you were buying 'fun' items that up your damage or survivability, they were trying to save up enough to buy wards or an oracle while not having any farm- just to help their team survive. It's little emo brats that can't control their emotions that whine and rage about not having enough wards- when they've been farming non-stop and have access to the same wards as their under-farmed teammate.


I agree with you that there is a very real problem in our game with people not being able to "Man Up". But the problem is not with the OP. He handled his frustrations- he didn't lash out like a little boy and start a flame war about the trolls in the game or whine about how useless this community is- he endured his frustration over multiple games, processed it, and then articulated it. Like a man.


If you were playing a game of 5-on-5 basketball at a park near your house- you wouldn't rage at your teammate for missing a shot. You recognize that both of you make mistakes and that it's a part of the game. You might even encourage them because you've all been there.

Men recognize that the skill level on their team might vary. They recognize that in some games, they're just going to be better than their teammates, and that's when they do whatever it takes to win. Men take on a leadership role and offer supportive advice. They buy wards even when they're an AD carry- simply because it needs to be done. They understand that in order to win, you have to encourage your teammates instead of berating them.

That's what 'men' do.

Don't ever whine and rage like an obnoxious little kid and then assume the subject of your anonymous, cowardly 'cyber bullying' is not a 'man' because he takes offense.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MaroBaro

Senior Member

09-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneInari View Post
I've seen this argument too many times to keep believing it. The vast majority of problems with 'life' aren't actually because of life, but because stupid people think that 'life' is some sadistic entity and insist on acting out its will.

If people actually tried to help each other instead of trying to shut each other up and all suffer alone, then maybe life would be easier to deal with.
Why does seeing an argument too many times make it invalid?

Life is a "sadistic entity". Try to change the people or the circumstance is what the whole problem is about. Someone telling you should be better in game is the same as someone telling someone else to be nice while they go 0/10/0. It is the same thing.

The only thing we can do is change our view and our actions or reactions. The OP says that there are real people with real feelings(and sometmes psychological problems) on the other end of the insults. But there are also real people with real feelings on the both sides. So why should the **** talker thing about the real person on the other end when the person on the other end doesnt think of the real person behind the **** talker. You see you want others to humanize you while you don't want to humanize others. Maybe that guy that is talking **** had a bad day at work? His wife ****ed his best friend? He has been trolled and lost 10 games in a row... i mean there are a lot of reasons someone can be going nuts on you. But naa "they" are ****ed up and Ive got feelings.

Now if your ignore feature is not working, go grab a post it note and stick it where your chat is gosh.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zerglinator

Senior Member

09-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kades View Post
Don't ever whine and rage like an obnoxious little kid and then assume the subject of your anonymous, cowardly 'cyber bullying' is not a 'man' because he takes offense.
Glory to Kades.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

porntastic

Senior Member

09-10-2012

when did kades become my favourite rioter?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mmike

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-10-2012

@ Creepybus not sure if this has been posted, but you could always just drag the chat box off screen so you cant view the messages! Simply hit enter click and drag and move it off screen! Ignore list bugged or not that's a simple fix. If that wont work for you then I'm not sure what will D:


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RyuuMasken

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kades View Post
[man]
this post made me swoon a bit