Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZiadAhmed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-09-2012

i made a video of my voice its just a test to know if my voice is enough good for recording matches or just bad i kinda stuttered because its my first time to record my voice but after some practice i will be good and wont be saying the same word 2 times as in this video lol.. anyways just want ur opinion ty for any help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcolX...ature=youtu.be

n00boxular

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-09-2012

Once again, champion selection dilemma:

I can't choose between Hecarim, renekton and skarner and yorick.

Hecarim as a decent jungle with decent ganks. Late game viability? Can he lane top?

Renekton has a great top however very few people are good with him (I doubt I will be great). Can he be countered as easily as the other AD tops? Late game viability? Can he jungle?

Skarner I bought this ****er on another account and I did not like his kit ONE bit. However, that was ages ago and I want to try him again. His E is still **** but how is he over all? I played skarner again and I did reasonably well so I don't think I'll regret it if I buy him.

Yorick has a great top. Can he jungle? Easily countered?

Edit: Never ****ING MIND. Skarner is so ****ING strong, got him! Anyways, I'd still like a comparison between the rest as my next buy.

Saysay

09-09-2012

How long will you (if at all), wait in base to finish a big item. For example, if you have a tradeoff with your lane, or you escape a jungle gank but must go b, and you are 40 gold short of that deathcap or IE, do you wait? 20 gold, 60 gold? It's not always possible to stay and farm that last bit of gold safely so, is there a rule of thumb. My own personal rule is around 30 gold i will wait for a big item if there isn't any imminent team fighting happening.

til Days of Blue

09-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sīmba View Post
Hey Ken, glad to see you're still keeping up with this. Your dedication is profound.

Playing Xerath, no matter how well I do I generally tend to end up losing the game just because we can't finish it. It's not like I'm playing a tank that I can rush in and disrupt their team for my carries. Playing the squishy longest range champion in the game, I find it rather difficult to have a real effect on the game other than just hurting a lot. Tips?
Xerath real power is that he has amazing range, often allowing him to do damage without endangering himself.

Therefore, you should always force a siege, keep poking and maintain the mana with blue buff. Do not hesitate if using your ultimate can poke the enemy team down to half health. At that point the enemy will panic, and your team should be able to easily take the turret by storm.

til Days of Blue

09-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiadAhmed View Post
i made a video of my voice its just a test to know if my voice is enough good for recording matches or just bad i kinda stuttered because its my first time to record my voice but after some practice i will be good and wont be saying the same word 2 times as in this video lol.. anyways just want ur opinion ty for any help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcolX...ature=youtu.be
Will be better if you can make the voice higher, from what I heard from the video it was really deep and can be difficult for some to listen to.

til Days of Blue

09-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00boxular View Post
Once again, champion selection dilemma:

I can't choose between Hecarim, renekton and skarner and yorick.

Hecarim as a decent jungle with decent ganks. Late game viability? Can he lane top?

Renekton has a great top however very few people are good with him (I doubt I will be great). Can he be countered as easily as the other AD tops? Late game viability? Can he jungle?

Skarner I bought this ****er on another account and I did not like his kit ONE bit. However, that was ages ago and I want to try him again. His E is still **** but how is he over all? I played skarner again and I did reasonably well so I don't think I'll regret it if I buy him.

Yorick has a great top. Can he jungle? Easily countered?

Edit: Never ****ING MIND. Skarner is so ****ING strong, got him! Anyways, I'd still like a comparison between the rest as my next buy.
Hercarim has amazing late game potential if you build him balance in AD and tank. His W AoE allows him to heal a lot of damage back especially in a team comp with decent AoE. His ultimate is also amazing to dive on carries that doesn't have cleanse or Qss.

Renekton is a strong AD caster. You won't see him doing a lot of damage with autoattacks, but his sustain and pushing ability is really strong. He also can beat most 1v1 duel due to his sustain and stun. Overall he is a strong pick and really good for shutting down farmers (such as Nasus or Irelia)

Yorick brings utility to the team and often offer an unbeatable top lane. Often you will see Yorick winning top lane without a jungler's help. Late game though, most of the time he will tank with the ghouls, and use ultimate on the carries. He lacks strong offense ability but nonetheless offer quite a lot of utility to the team.

til Days of Blue

09-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saysay View Post
How long will you (if at all), wait in base to finish a big item. For example, if you have a tradeoff with your lane, or you escape a jungle gank but must go b, and you are 40 gold short of that deathcap or IE, do you wait? 20 gold, 60 gold? It's not always possible to stay and farm that last bit of gold safely so, is there a rule of thumb. My own personal rule is around 30 gold i will wait for a big item if there isn't any imminent team fighting happening.
It depends on the situation, personally I never stay more than 10 gold because I time my recall, but if I have to wait for it, I will never wait for more than 35 golds.

til Days of Blue

09-10-2012

bump/

Garaze

09-11-2012

What are your thoughts on Viktor as an APC?

til Days of Blue

09-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garaze View Post
What are your thoughts on Viktor as an APC?
Real strong burst against most ap mid (exception: Galio) when he hits level 6. He is really strong at zoning during an objective fight (dragon and baron). Biggest downfall is that he is weak against champions that doesn't require to use the skill much, and often his late game is outshine by other people (due to better crowd control)

Playing Viktor will be forcing to use well of your advantages during mid game to force a siege and take objectives with ease.