New Katarina

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quincunx

08-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post
You should always take CDR/level in defense when you have 21 points in defense.

I don't like her base damages too much. Still falls flat when stuff is on cooldown. I'd get CDR, max CDR. I'd even go Ionian boots over Sorcerer Shoes.
DFG is also a solid option.

Hextech Sweeper seems necessary, so if you get a reset you could shunpo to an escapee, and so people won't walk into a conventiently placed brush to stop your ult even though they're still nearby.
Kat's ult hits people in bushes, even if you can't see them....

TempNam325rwe5

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-17-2012

New Kat ult applies grievous wounds and sadly you can't ult from in the bush and tehe knowing they won't know where all the damage is coming from. That's a pretty lame side effect of the what I will still refer to as the 'nerf' until I find a build, runes, masteries and skill order that work for me.

DiscworldDeath

08-18-2012

I see. I still like Sweeper on Kat to be able to chase with the resets, or after Qing someone.

Mynt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-09-2012

Her ultimate is garbage now. (For damage, anyways.)

Between remakes, it seems to oscillate between the best move in this video game, and not even worth pressing R for. And right now she's leaning towards the latter stage. But that's fine, because her base abilities more than make up for.

I'm working on a tanky triforce build that prioritizes cleanup in a team fight rather than building BV and relying on her ultimate for main DPS. After BV was removed from Dominion, and Gunblade got nerfed, and WotA got nerfed, and everything that was core to Kat except for Rylai's was hit, just don't feel that the traditional Kat method of "Run in and Death Lotus everything" is viable anymore. It's nice for picking up assists, and triggering Sheen proc though.

lbgsloan

09-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynt View Post
Her ultimate is garbage now. (For damage, anyways.)

Between remakes, it seems to oscillate between the best move in this video game, and not even worth pressing R for. And right now she's leaning towards the latter stage. But that's fine, because her base abilities more than make up for.

I'm working on a tanky triforce build that prioritizes cleanup in a team fight rather than building BV and relying on her ultimate for main DPS. After BV was removed from Dominion, and Gunblade got nerfed, and WotA got nerfed, and everything that was core to Kat except for Rylai's was hit, just don't feel that the traditional Kat method of "Run in and Death Lotus everything" is viable anymore. It's nice for picking up assists, and triggering Sheen proc though.
I wish more Kat players would think like this, because the influx of people picking up Kat again who sit there are do nothing thinking their R will save the day is aggravating. It's headdesk worthy in blind pick where the player doesn't even know if glass cannon Kat is even going to have any chance at all (oh hi enemy Blitz) yet they still lock Kat.

Vesh

Game Designer

09-10-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Kat has pretty good wave clear, but I definitely prefer running her top. In a high-poke team comp, Kat excels in winning windmill after the full on engage breaks out. As long as your team is coordinated enough to focus fire people down, those CD resets will keep coming, you'll keep killing!

Also Kat is basically the only champion I ever play ever >_>

SqueekersTheCat

09-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesh View Post
Kat has pretty good wave clear, but I definitely prefer running her top. In a high-poke team comp, Kat excels in winning windmill after the full on engage breaks out. As long as your team is coordinated enough to focus fire people down, those CD resets will keep coming, you'll keep killing!

Vesh is now my number 1 undisputed favorite Rioter. XD

Lancer37

09-10-2012

Ah, so this explains why Vesh made that comment on Sauron's thread...

ZetsubouFallen

09-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesh View Post

Come on, you told the same from Eve, and we are stuck on this Eve who doesn't feel like eve.