Elementz 5v5 Tier List (Draft Mode)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sacrolicious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkingBrute View Post
This list lost credibility when KogMaw went from bottom tier to top just because people figured out that a madreds works better than AP.

This list seems a step behind, and while it being reactive is nice, its pretty clear that it isnt the cutting edge or anywhere close for competitive pickinz.
You realize that kog was buffed a few patches ago right?

EmergencyCombo

09-14-2010

Quote:
This list lost credibility when KogMaw went from bottom tier to top just because people figured out that a madreds works better than AP.

This list seems a step behind, and while it being reactive is nice, its pretty clear that it isnt the cutting edge or anywhere close for competitive pickinz.
He never was bottom, he was mid. He went up after his buffs a few weeks ago. I don't understand why people try to flame this thread.

SwordOrShield

09-14-2010

I'm someone else who has mained Katarina ever since he started - the first champ I bought, actually.

I've got to agree.

She's still a fearsome mid overall, but, I cannot harass out a Vladimir. Simply cannot, unless if he really, really sucks. Ezrael is difficult too, and now Fortune as well, with her huge movespeed, she can get out as well.

And for the in-and-out harassing style, Fortune and Corki, really, can do it better. And bring a lot more overall then her. Hell, Miss Fortune's ult is basically what I had hoped Katarina's would be changed into - so if you want an ult-focused character, build her like you would Katarina, enjoy massively improved results.

I love her, I actually own every skin for her, but I have to admit she's completely outmatched nowadays. I'll go ahead and dissect it.

First: Laning Phase.

Katarina has the potential for the longest-ranged harassment in the game with Bouncing Blades, and can operate very well defensively by using Shunpo on your own creeps to dodge skillshots. However:

Kog'Maw will stand lateral to his creeps outside of bounce range and use Bio-Arcane Barrage, Vladimir will heal back the damage, and Miss Fortune can strut clear. For common mids, four of them can get away from your BB.

Mid-Game: You suck. All you can do is, IF you harassed the enemy mid champion well, score a kill or maybe two with a Flash-Shunpo-Lotus-Ignite-BB combo. However, in addition to the people above, who won't be harassed sufficiently, Tristana, Ezrael, and Corki have solid escapes that can take them out of range in an instant, and Kassadin can interrupt with a silence and Riftwalk away - or into you, possibly taking you down instead. With only one level of Death Lotus and few items to increase the damage, you are not a force.

Late-Game: In teamfights, if you have someone with an AoE CC - Such as, say, Galio - You can inflict massive damage on the enemy team. So long as someone doesn't slip or cleanse free and interrupt you, because you WILL be in range. You can never be counted on to do the damage unless if the enemy team has no CC at all, or blows every single one - which is counting on enemy stupidity. Just like Eve, you're relying on the enemy to be incompetent.

Now, let's say instead, I compared to Miss Fortune. Her harassment range is second only to BB, which means she can nail anyone else, she has Strut for crazy mobility, her ranged autoattacks do a good amount of damage, her ult does massive damage as Death Lotus but trades a bit of DPS for range so huge that being interrupted becomes almost an afterthought with good positioning...she's overwhelmingly better.

Even compared to other carries and mages, they allo outstrip Katarina so far in the main power of 'reliability' that she's not worth picking - and as Elementz said, her laning phase is not powerful anymore. It's power creep. They got stronger, she got weaker as BB was nerfed over and over. If they undid the BB nerfs she might climb up again, but for now, she just really can't match the new champions in mid.

LegendReborn

09-14-2010

What made you move Sivir to tier four?

I know many of us have been saying this for awhile but I know you, along with some other high tiered players, have constantly stated that she's tier two quality.

The MythStalker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-14-2010

Oh shi- Corki moved up. About time too he deserves some recognition. Also, Kat Hard to place on a team? This surprised me. I agree with Kassadin too, he can be absolutely deadly, plus he is a great counter to Kog'Maw.

NedStarkFlanders

09-14-2010

Quote:

It's weird to me how people are only fairly recently realizing what Kog'Maw can do. He's hardly changed at all since release.

Sacrolicious

09-14-2010

People complain when their favorite heroes are lower then they expected but it only means that they are gonna get buffed eventually.

EmergencyCombo

09-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realaz View Post
This tier list lost any credibility the moment Kat was put in trash tier. She's still the strongest mid and will often get 2-3 early kills to give her a headstart.
As someone who mained Kat for most of his LoL career, I cannot understand how anyone can even start to compare Kat with Eve.
There is no way at all that she is better than Vlad mid. Or Vlad in general. Vlad is the best solo mid character in the game.

Hell, why run her over Teemo? Don't say I have a lack of knowledge on Kat. I bought her a while ago and I tried as hard as I possibly could and there just isn't any way that she is better than almost anyone in the entire cast.

More importantly, what does she bring to a team besides an ult that requires her to put herself in danger?

Damond

09-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realaz View Post
This tier list lost any credibility the moment Kat was put in trash tier. She's still the strongest mid and will often get 2-3 early kills to give her a headstart.
As someone who mained Kat for most of his LoL career, I cannot understand how anyone can even start to compare Kat with Eve.
No, as someone who wrote an extremely comprehensive Kat guide on leaguecraft, I agree with her tier placement. I also often net early kills in mid and end up carrying my team, and her ult can very easily score an instant triple kill, but she is simply way too situational. In rated games you'll often deal with at least 3 CC abilities that shut Kat down, and that's a generous underestimate.

Kat isn't as useless as Eve; they just happen to belong to the same, general category of being incredibly situational. Kat is a solid choice in teams with strong CC; Eve is good for early game shutdown and map control.

Autocthon

09-14-2010

Now if only all characters could be grouped in either Tier 1 or Tier 2 and have the only difference be whether you want them immediately or as filler.

Actually... Let's narrow it down to 1 tier, Riot! I know it can get there.