Updated Champion Concept Oberon the Dimorphic

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

theycallmePWNBOT

09-07-2012

UPDATE # 2

Name: Oberon: The Dimorphic
Type: Melee AD Carry
Appearence:Attachment 528075
Lore:
Oberon hails from a planet where the human body is looked upon as frail and inefficient. He was born a small and sickly child which no doctor thought would live past the age of 10. What he may have lacked in stature he made up for with heart and determination. He never let his lack of strength and the ridicule of his peers stop him from going after what he wanted. To his parents surprise his sheer willpower and drive kept him going and he was able to not just live past the age of 10 but become an adult. Coming from a poor family his parents were unable to afford the Cybernetic Enhancements that his society deemed necessary to be useful member of society but had saved enough money to buy him a pair of Force Manipulators. On his 22nd birthday they gave him the money to get the surgery and have them grafted to his arms. Having reached his age by only the power of his determination he believed that his society used the enhancements as more of a crutch than tools of amplification. He instead took the money and enrolled in the Academy of Combat where all of his peoples hero’s had trained. The head of the academy refused to grant him acceptance into the school because he didn’t have any Cybernetic Enhancements but Oberon convinced him to give him a test by denting the steel doors of the acadamy with his barehands. The Headmaster agreed and arranged a Gauntlet of challenges for Oberon to face. He was pit against some of the finest students enrolled in the academy. To everyone’s amazement Oberon not only kept up with his opposition but in most cases beat them. One of the onlookers was the academy’s hand-to-hand instructor Krom who was also his worlds greatest fighter. He was so impressed by Oberon’s capabilities that he gave Oberon the money to get enhancements and the surgery. Oberon had become the pride of his people before he had even graduated. On the day of his graduation, in order to obtain his diploma, the school pit all the students against another student in 1 on 1 brawls to find who truly deserved to graduate. Oberon was pit against Krom and he knew he would have to fight harder than he had ever done before. They fought for hours and neither one had gained an advantage over the other. Oberon was becoming tired and knew he only had 1 chance to beat Krom. He channeled all of his strength into one punch and sent Krom into the air but before he could finish the fight he was engulfed in a blinding light. When he awoke he was in Noxus surrounded by summoners. They explained to him that they were trying to open a portal to Mount Targon to attack the Rakkor but had accidentaly opened a portal to his world instead. Oberon asked why they wanted to ambush the Rakkor like cowards and they told him how the Rakkor are some of the greatest warriors in Valoran. As soon as Oberon heard the words greatest warriors he knew he had to see just how great they were. He traveled to Mount Targon and met an odd looking warrior along the way. Oberon could sense that this warrior was trained for war and issued a challenge. The warrior agreed and introduced himself as Pantheon. They fought through the night and by morning light they had both become impressed with each other and called the battle a draw. Oberon told him his story and how Pantheon reminded him of Krom. Pantheon in turn told him of the League of Legends and how the Champions did battle and this interested Oberon. Together they traveled to the Institute of War to show these so called "Champions" just what real warriors could do! "They dont have the right to call themselves champions untill they can best me!" -Oberon the Dimorphic

Stats

Health lvl 1: 461
per lvl: 98
Lvl 18: 2225
Regen: 7.9

Attack

Attack Speed: 0.657
per lvl: 0.005
Lvl 18: 0.747
AD: 52
per lvl: 3
Lvl 18: 106

Resistances

Armor: 17
per lvl: 3
Lvl 18: 71
Magic Resistance:30
per lvl: 1.25
Lvl 18: 52.5

Energy: 200

Regen: 50

Movement Speed: 320

Abilities:

Passive: Bionic Commando~ Oberon receives a bonus of .2 attack damage for every 1 point in attack damage

Q: Optic Laser~ Oberon fires a beam of intense heat in a straight line from his cybernetic eye dealing 80 / 120 / 140 / 180 / 220 (+0.3 per attack damage) and ignites them dealing 5/6/7/8/9/ damage per second for 3 seconds. If Oberon hits 4 enemies with his lazer he gets 50% of the energy back.
Cost: 50 energy
Cooldown: 6/5.5/5/4.5/4 seconds
Range: 600

W: Enrage~ Oberon doubles his passive gaining a bonus of .4 attack damage for every 1 point in attack damage and increases his movement and attack speed by 10%/20%/30%/40%/50% for 2/3/4/5/6 seconds. While Enrage is active 25% of the energy is restored whenever Oberon kills a Champion
Cost: 80 energy
Cooldown: 16/14/12/10/8 seconds

E: Ground and Pound~ Oberon leaps to target location and pounds the ground dealing 60/105/150/195/240 (+.2 per attack damage) and slowing all enemies around him by 8%/16%/24%/32%/40% for .5/1/1.5/2/2.5 seconds
Cost: 110 energy
Cooldown: 9/8/7/6/5 seconds
Range: 1200
Diameter of AOE: 200

R: Devastate~ Oberon channels all his strength for 1 second and uses it to dash forward and punch all enemies in a straight line knocking them into the air dealing 150/200/250 (+.4 per attack damage) damage. If Oberon kills a Champion with Devastate he receives 100 energy
Cost: 0 energy
Cooldown: 150/120/90 seconds
Range: 1600

Emotes

Joke: "I don’t float like a butterfly but I sting worse than a bee!" (arms malfunction and he hits himself) "OW! I gotta get that fixed!"

Taunt: You think you can beat me? Ill give you the first shot!

Dance: Gangnam Style
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C40gHcDdoqw

Laugh: Sounds like Vincent Price
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRamB30E9mU

Attacking: Come get some!
You like that?
Im starting to have fun!

Moving: Oh shut up!
Yea yea yea.
Go here! Do this! WHAT ABOUT WHAT I WANT?
ANY FEEDBACK WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

ploki122

09-08-2012

I'm here on behalf of the council since you asked in our review thread for a lookup. Please note that all ideas expressed in this review are mine and mine alone and do not reflect the council's,

First of all, I really think you should edit your former thread instead of creating a new one... it makes it easier to track not only the champion, but also the reviews (right now you practically spat in the face of those who gave feedback in the first thread saying that their contribution weren't worth it).

Next, while using those separators does help, you should really use the built-in tools to format your text (on top of those separators if needed). Bolds, Quotes, Indents, Underlines... all those really help in reading a thread. And an easier to read thread will always yield more/better feedback.

For the lore, while it is pretty good, I think it's a bit lacking... I mean that it covers lot of stuff but never go in-depth on any of that... How did he manage to convince the Academy's head to go against one of the academy rule? How did he do better than people with more talent, a better body and amplifying tools? Why did Noxus summon him? How did they summon him? Since he was the best before getting the operation, how can one now stands up to him toe-to-toe? Why did he head over to the league instead of, let's say, Rakkor (See Pantheon's lore), who is built in a very similar way to the Academy?

For the stats, I find them very awkward... all champions starts at 30 MR and grows to either 30, 52.5 or 41.25 right now. Also, the regular MS values are 300, 305, 310, 315, 320, 325, 330 as far as I know. You also have, by far, the best AD (current best is 130 for skarner and cho). Basically, I would suggest you to look up Darkpercy's guide to creating basic stats.

Onto the kit... First of all, your ranges are terribly off... 100 rang is shorter than a melee's attack range... To give you an approximate, Amumu's ult has a 600 radius. Also, there is malfunction in your energy system that I will cover after everything else.

Innate : First of all, you should remove the negative part... No one has ever had a negative ability and there's a reason for it... it simply sucks to affect yourself with a malus simply because you made a blunder... Also, I don't think it is particularly strong early, since you won't have a lot of different items (cash constraint), and it won't be very useful late game since you will only have up to +30 AD which isn't a lot (and it means you took only AD items, no AS and no defense). I would suggest either making it a % (that will scale well into late game) or something else that benefits the early game.

Q : Nothing to say here, the ability fits the cyborg theme and could work in an actual game... it's pretty much Cait's Q with tweaked numbers and an AP scaling. So basically, a bit bland, but you can't really have 5 non-bland abilities...

W : A huge steroid interacting with his passive, works fine imo.

E : A couple of awkward things in here... First of all, I don't see why it would scale on AP... considering how your champ will mainly be built AD (afaik), I would expect most of his abilities to scale on AD... Also, I don't quite understand why you made the slow not scale on first rank-up... you could either make it 8/16/24/32/40 or 10/17.5/25/32.5/40 or 12/19/26/33/40. Otherwise, this should work fine... A melee dps usually needs a gap closer and this ability gives him one.

R : This looks a LOT like Warwick's ult but with a knock afterward. This one has also proven to work and so shouldn't be a problem.

Energy : Right now, there are a few recurrent factors with energy that can be observed... First of all, all energy users have a way to restore their energy, and all of them should be able to use a full spell rotation in one go (since that's the point of energy, restricting the frequent spam while allowing a full burst). Also, most ult use no energy (the only one costing some is kennen and it's minimal). I would really suggest you to read Kats' post (just look for the energy section for a summary and follow the quote to get the full post) about energy user if you plan on keeping the energy in there.

All in all, I think the champion is really great, although a bit dull, but that he has some fundamental flaws.

theycallmePWNBOT

09-08-2012

I would like to thank you for your help. I in no way meant to insult the council so i apologize for that. and as for the ranges, the numbers are something i do not entirely understand. i will take what you and FlamesofTerror have told me and continue to update my concept. Thank you again for your help

theycallmePWNBOT

09-16-2012

update #2 finished