Announcing the League of Legends Streamer Portal

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hartar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-06-2012

that is freaking badass. It help alot for evryone.

Kry0

Special Projects Manager

Follow RiotKry0 on Twitter

09-06-2012
6 of 9 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaPossible View Post
Streaming League games has been something I've been looking into anyways... but I'm confused how this would work.
It seems like there are a lot of minutes required. I'm not sure how I would gain that many followers just starting out. Wouldn't posting videos to YouTube, gaining followers, and then transferring to livestreaming (or just getting a YouTube partnership) be a better option?
I don't see how this would support new streamers, or casual streamers.
I would be happy to create content and publish content casually, but making it necessary to already be famous and have viewers really cuts me out of the process.
This is a very valid point. We are always open to new streaming content, but since we are reviewing the submissions manually we wanted to have an entry threshold that we felt was reasonable. You can apply anyway, and we are always open to suggestions on how to improve the program!

Flashis

09-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kry0 View Post
Absolutely not
Good to know, gonna sign up for it now but hitting that 1,000,000 minute mark is gonna take some work.

Lilotti

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-06-2012

Where's all the girl gamers?

Alure666

09-06-2012

okay but i have lol stream browser

Eager EH

09-06-2012

Reasons why I think this was a horrible idea:
1(and the main reason). It makes it harder to become discovered if you aren't already a top streamer, as the common league player will now just go to leagueoflegends.com instead of own3d or twitch. You can only join this program if you have 1m viewer minutes/month, which means if you aren't already established, good luck getting there. Doubles the salary of 10 popular streamers, kills the hope of making a salary for hundreds.

2. The policy about not being able to show anything related to non-riot games is too strict. This takes away the ability for featured streamers to play games while in queue for 20 minutes, which I'm sure will make their streams more boring for them and their viewers. What if they want to read a news article pertaining to another game, or the SC2 Reddit, are they not allowed? Seems kinda bogus.

BarlowBrad

09-06-2012

This new program sounds awesome!

Aside from upholding the Summoner's Code, being entertaining, informative and upbeat, what recommendations would you give to a *new* streamer looking to join the program? (i.e., How to start?)

Badministrator

09-06-2012

I don't currently have the viewers minutes but I applied anyway. I think the limits are a bit high for entry level streamers, it would be cool if you guys supported some people who are trying to start up and gain a following.

Kry0

Special Projects Manager

Follow RiotKry0 on Twitter

09-06-2012
7 of 9 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badministrator View Post
I don't currently have the viewers minutes but I applied anyway. I think the limits are a bit high for entry level streamers, it would be cool if you guys supported some people who are trying to start up and gain a following.
Thanks we really appreciate the feedback and based on submission volume we will consider as many as we can.

Reversed Aura

09-06-2012

It's about time something like this is put on!