Hi, I'm the new eCommerce Director

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crusty Tha Clown

09-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isochronous View Post
High- Five for da moneys.
High- Five for all the Oil Field business -_-

naotasan

09-05-2012

bamp

bahamutkaiser

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-05-2012

So, the Prime Evil has revealed himself.

No but really, from a gaming standpoint, there is oodles of content and it cost too much, sounds simple and it is, there are more than enough characters and skins to buy, spending over $50 a year on an ongoing game is just excessive... It is free to play and you do have to budget in free players, but this is really about getting more for your money rather than how much you spend.

As a former player, I bought the original 2 bundles, the Vlad release bundle, and over a dozen skins, probably over 2 dozen... I even bought stuff on my GF account... Mine alone has over $150 in spending...

It just not enough. The individual costs don't have much impact, it may or may not save a few players money if they buy them... It's the bundles that should be cheaper. As old as this game is, and as many champions as you have released... The bundles need to be a lot bigger/cost effective for players who want to fill their ranks...

Character diversity has advantages... And many characters remain behind powercreep anyway. Now I'm going to blatantly discredit claims that those will be improved, maybe eventually is not acceptable. So sell champion access more freely...

The character bundles should be the first 40 originals for $30, and the 30 or 40 after that for another $30. This allows players to make large purchases and get a bargain, get their roster caught up and feel like they got a lot for their money. Skins will still bank as more than they used to because of quality, New champions and skins will still come at a premium because of the permenatly instituted 6300 price rate (unless you decide to raise it...) But new and ongoing players can pick up steep bundles to catch up with the ridiculous amount of content this game has built up over the years...

Any big time ongoing game bundles their legacy so new players can join and get the whole game for the typical entry price, this, being so big and successful has more than enough strength to do the same, your banking this game in entirely new markets, finding new players on the strength of your fanbase, and have more than enough skins and new content to sell to make money, it should be half as costly to buy broad champion access.

As for how that effects existing buyers... Well you could do some of us the justice of filling in some of the added champions in New bundles if their purchases in the past exceed a certain amount or include several or certain bundles...

Dekorballord

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by And it was K View Post
What is that avatar? Is that an elderly Teemo? o_O
Dude, it's the new shopkeeper guy.

GLockWisE

09-05-2012

Buff rengar 30% win rate what you waiting for hes the new twitch,????

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

09-05-2012
10 of 26 Riot Posts

So many good questions! Here we go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalLavi View Post
I got a question about Achievement system,
Do you think you can incorporate the Achievement system or maybe a positive report system into the pricing? If you get X achievements or positive rewards you will get Y IP or Y% Reduction on IP/RP.
There is a lot of focus here on achievements and rewards for positive player behavior, but it's not my area and I don't want to mispeak. All I will say is I fully support using pricing or special access to content as a reward for players who make LoL a better game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato75 View Post
Don't know if this is your department,but will you guys ever take the tier 1-2 runes out of store?
I hear you, as I spent IP on those just like most noobs, and then used the rune combiner to get rid of them after I bought tier 3. I know that setup isn't a favorite with anyone around here, but I don't think it's a high priority to change right now, compared to opportunities like the ones above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFG View Post
Ezreal, Kog'Maw, Vlad and Cassiopeia are older then both Caitlyn and Maokai and still 6300. Renekton is older then Maokai and still 6300. Why Caitlyn?. Why Maokai?. Why are there 6300 ip priced champions that are more then 2 years old?.
Caitlyn and Maokai were chosen because they are relatively old, reasonably popular in tournament play, and work well for the data I needed to gather to help finalize a long term pricing plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetV View Post
Will 3150 champs also be seeing a reduction in RP?
The long term pricing plan will address this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamgorine View Post
How do you feel about the one time policy refund? It's a bit irritating that I may only refund once, and my purchases must no longer than one month prior.

When Sand Storm Katarina changed, I wanted to refund it, but I didn't because I wouldn't be using my refund wisely. Are you able to do anything about this? And would it be possible to have an exception where if something has been changed, it may be refunded 2 weeks after regardless of the one time refund?
Refund policies that make sense and can be implemented uniformly without being abused are tricky. Possible improvements to the policy are being discussed and you should hear more about this very soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buk Wild View Post
As somebody who has spent over $300 dollars total (maybe 400, I dunno, stopped keeping track lol) on this game I am curious if you guys will be doing anything as an appreciation to the big time supporters that keep the game free to play for everyone else. Of course if you don't do anything special I won't stop buying RP or anything, it would just be nice :3
You definitely have my appreciation and I like the idea of rewarding big time supporters with a special skin or some other reward. This hadn't occurred to me until this thread, and will take some time to plan and execute correctly, but please ping me again on this if it hasn't happened in the next few months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ko Hakoo View Post
Also- Any chance of a You-Pick-3 sale or bundle? I dont think it needs to be at the % of the weekly sales, but it would be nice to just lump purchase some skins (3, or whatever # is deemed financially beneficial) instead of waiting for the respective sales and buying them piece by piece.
Yes - there are some technical hurdles that prevent this from happening overnight, but everybody agrees it is a good idea.

[

Stexe

Adjudicator

09-05-2012

As someone who owns every single Limited Edition skin, I really hope you do not make them available again. Legacy skins are different and should be made available when you feel it is appropriate.

Anyway, I remember having a lot of interesting talks with Moneypenny back in the day. She was really great so you have big shoes to fill! =)

EDIT: Yay, down votes for people who want LE skins. They said they would only be available once, why would they bring them back? Legacy skins are exempt because they stated they could come back for special reasons.

TheUlf

09-05-2012

Thanks for all the info, Hippalus!

Khell DarkWolf

09-05-2012

why not change the rune combiner to take the t1 and t2 runes.

Subtract the cost of those tiered runes so you can use your IP to make for the remainder cost of the t2 to t3 variant?

Instead of using multiples of runes to get a random rune

thus upgrading those low tiered runes into higher tiered

Odie el perro

09-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stexe View Post
As someone who owns every single Limited Edition skin, I really hope you do not make them available again. Legacy skins are different and should be made available when you feel it is appropriate.

Anyway, I remember having a lot of interesting talks with Moneypenny back in the day. She was really great so you have big shoes to fill! =)
Dat choice of words. Dat 1337ism. really?