Hi, I'm the new eCommerce Director

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Laser

Member

09-04-2012

I just bought caitlyn yesterday lol


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

09-04-2012
5 of 26 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyElf View Post
THANK YOU

Marketing has always been the darkest and secretive department at Riot, glad to see they hired someone willing to talk about stuff. Probably the only company I know that does this, gj.

Hopefully it doesn't backfire on you guys like the Riot Ambassador thing did.
Thanks to all for the warm welcome - I'm happy to shed some light on these topics, and also to hear all of your ideas and get feedback on some of mine.

I can already tell it's going to be hard to keep up with the pace of the questions while trying to get any work done, but I'll answer some every day that I can, so I'm sure we'll get to every topic eventually.

Also, to those of you who bought RP or one of those champions in the past few days, feel free to contact our support team. I can't promise anything but they will probably take care of legitimate issues such as just missing the promotion.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Buk Wild

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-04-2012

Welcome Hippalus Care to explain your name?

As somebody who has spent over $300 dollars total (maybe 400, I dunno, stopped keeping track lol) on this game I am curious if you guys will be doing anything as an appreciation to the big time supporters that keep the game free to play for everyone else. Of course if you don't do anything special I won't stop buying RP or anything, it would just be nice :3


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mokai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trendy Ideology View Post
What about all the people who spent large amounts of cash on RP recently? Isn't this kinda a slap in the face to bring this new promotion on the heels of no doubt countless of your self-stated valued customers?
That's how sales everywhere work. If you buy a product and it goes on sale the next day, you're not going to get reimbursed. If Riot chooses to do something extra for those in question, it's completely up to them.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SnowballingGirls

Senior Member

09-04-2012

4000 bonus free RP - that's like almost 2 epic skins - a generous offer to say the least....


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jigoro Kane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-04-2012

This is super cool and all, but I like just bought 10$ in RP like 3 days ago.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Buk Wild

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokai View Post
That's how sales everywhere work. If you buy a product and it goes on sale the next day, you're not going to get reimbursed.
There's actually a few big time corporations that will. Of course they don't advertise it or everybody would do it but if you ask sometimes you would be surprised at what you can accomplish.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Invictrix

Senior Member

09-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
Thanks to all for the warm welcome - I'm happy to shed some light on these topics, and also to hear all of your ideas and get feedback on some of mine.

I can already tell it's going to be hard to keep up with the pace of the questions while trying to get any work done, but I'll answer some every day that I can, so I'm sure we'll get to every topic eventually.

Also, to those of you who bought RP or one of those champions in the past few days, feel free to contact our support team. I can't promise anything but they will probably take care of legitimate issues such as just missing the promotion.
I love that your avatar is the shopkeeper.

Does the shopkeeper have a name or is like a pokemon thing where there are like 12 identical nurses and they are all named Jenny?

Edit: My mistake the Police officers names are all Jenny and the Nurse's names are all Joy.

Remember Pokemon is serious business.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chewbert

Senior Member

09-04-2012

i buy RP on a monthly basis, so every month i buy $XXX worth in RP and i would try to make that last for the entire month. my question is, what about those that recently purchased RP? it's really a slap in the face to those that just purchased RP prior to the sale without knowledge about the RP boost.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mokai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buk Wild View Post
There's actually a few big time corporations that will. Of course they don't advertise it or everybody would do it but if you ask sometimes you would be surprised at what you can accomplish.
Yar. Thought my initial message was a bit too blunt so I went ack to add a little more flexibility to it. :P