Hi, I'm the new eCommerce Director

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Haha same YOLO

09-04-2012

Also is this an expected dialogue or simply an announcement?

powahless

09-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Link View Post
Hello Hippalus! It's nice to put a picture to the man behind pricing. And what better picture than the new shopkeeper! It's just.. fitting!

Question for you, if you could answer...
I just bought Caitlyn on 9/2. Will I be reimbursed for the difference in price?
i've asked this question 2 years ago, short answer, no. however, what you can do is go to player support tell them your situation and they will help you out.

Thats unhealthy

09-04-2012

Hi, it's nice to see Riot appointing someone for a job such as this, should really help in communication with us on the forums.

That being said, I would like to ask a question pertaining runes.

Would it be possible to add a new currency for buying runes? This would be earned along side IP and XP (Or it could be one in the same as XP) and would ease the burden on buying runes. This would make it so even people who don't want to buy any runes with IP will be able to have "equal" competition with those who have only a few champions and many runes. If people still want to focus on buying runes with IP, they will have an even easier time getting them.

Thanks, hope you get a chance to reply to this.

xWeeee

09-04-2012

I don't really get it, if the new implementation takes in effect how long will the next price reducing occur? Will it occur at a pace of every month or just once in a while thing where oh lets reduce this champ. Also i have question with the skin pricing will it also be considered to be lowered or just once in a blue moon. Btw good luck at the position

Yohnski

09-04-2012

What are your thoughts on scaling IP prices for rune pages? Such as the first page you buy (3rd page total) is 450 IP, the next is 1350 IP, then 3150, until it finally caps at 6300.

This would allow for those players who dislike spending money on the game to quickly reach a reasonable number of runepages (you can get a total of 5 for what you'd need to spend for 1 now) and would still encourage those who want excessive customization (more than 5 rune pages) to buy RP to obtain them.

Any specific thoughts on this particular example, or scaling prices in general?

Snes C

09-04-2012

Hey, I missed out on the double-bonus RP by a few hours. Can I file a support ticket to get the bonus?

Thanks for the price reductions and stuff! Always a pleasure to see those!

Salvationier

09-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by powahless View Post
i've asked this question 2 years ago, short answer, no. however, what you can do is go to player support tell them your situation and they will help you out.
Be careful with this because latly player support has been marking things like this as your one time refund and then when you really want to refund somthing your out of luck.

Zynz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post

1) Playing LoL should be super fun for players who donít spend money, ever. This means that players can experience a wide variety of play styles without purchasing anything, and can also be successful and reach their maximum potential from a competitive standpoint. Our data, some of which I will share in future posts, shows that we are achieving these objectives today, but this is not something that we can ever take for granted.
2) Players who support Riot by buying and spending RP should be rewarded with additional customization and be able to leverage their time more effectively. It is not cheap to support the most played game in the world, hire the best game dev talent, and release new content and functionality every week, and we are grateful to those who help us make that happen.
just a few suggestions from me on this also welcome

for 1st as a player who doesnt invest money in this the only thing that bugs me at all is rune prices page prices more specifically otherwise everything else is fine by me

for 2nd maybe let players by special summoner icons like with the theme from ez just have other icons purchasable that wont give power and gives kind of a cool customization

KevinDelMarr

09-04-2012

Hippalus, could you shed some light on why Riot doesn't give out global IP boosts? It's like Riot is too afraid to give out free IP boosts because it potentially hurts sales of Boosts or quickens the pace of unlocking more items. There is the side of how it makes people with account problems seem less concerning because they get IP boosts for actually having troubles, but it seems like even having IP boost weekends would be an interesting idea (like an additional 10-20 IP per match).

You really do seem find an uptick of players in-game when there is a limited time boost. I know with CoD whenever there was a Double Exp weekend there was a sense to play as many games as possible to take full advantage of the bonus.

scourgebacon

09-04-2012

Was wondering if you guys will ever reduce the price of bundles if you already have parts of it already? EX: Gamer's Choice Pack - if you already have some champs from it can you get the RP cost of them reduced so you dont have to pay for stuff you already have.