Why do Yordle females look so difrent from yordle males?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

turntekGodhead

Senior Member

09-13-2010

A biologist would tell you that yordles exhibit something called sexual dimorphism.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JonTehKnight

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotBabagahnoosh View Post
Meglings are a crack commando unit in Bandle City. They are not a race of beings. The mention of Meglings as a race back in the day was, and continues to be, a typo.

As for the male/female thing, makes have the "peacock complex"; the male yordle is responsible for attracting the female of the species, hence why the males have a wider variety of skin/fur types. This is why Teemo gets all the ladies OH YEAH~
Trying to cover up the genocide again, I see, -.-


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blizzmaster

Senior Member

09-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eiko View Post
A biologist would tell you that yordles exhibit something called sexual dimorphism.
What I want to know is what is up with some yordles have 3 fingers, some have 4. Some yordles have cat ears (Kennen, Teemo, possibly Veigar), some have elvish ears (Tristana, Poppy), some even have human-like ears (Corki's Hot Rod skin). Most male yordles seem to have the triangular dog/cat-like nose (Veigar, Heimer, Teemo, probably Kennen), some have regular noses (Trist, Corki, Poppy). Can we attribute this stuff to sexual dimorphism as well? Seems like these aren't simple color changes or size differences that we commonly associate with sexual dimorphism, but attributes that would change across a species or genus. The problem is there's so much inconsistency that it's pretty hard to believe all these little guys are Yordles.

Maybe if we could get all the yordles to remove their headgear, this'd be a little clearer.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gunkuu

Senior Member

09-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzmaster View Post
What I want to know is what is up with some yordles have 3 fingers, some have 4. Some yordles have cat ears (Kennen, Teemo, possibly Veigar), some have elvish ears (Tristana, Poppy), some even have human-like ears (Corki's Hot Rod skin). Most male yordles seem to have the triangular dog/cat-like nose (Veigar, Heimer, Teemo, probably Kennen), some have regular noses (Trist, Corki, Poppy). Can we attribute this stuff to sexual dimorphism as well? Seems like these aren't simple color changes or size differences that we commonly associate with sexual dimorphism, but attributes that would change across a species or genus. The problem is there's so much inconsistency that it's pretty hard to believe all these little guys are Yordles.

Maybe if we could get all the yordles to remove their headgear, this'd be a little clearer.
They're also a pretty magical race. With such influence they can have a large spectrum of how they look, be it blue skin, fur, ear shape, ect.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cleo

Senior Member

09-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotBabagahnoosh View Post
Meglings are a crack commando unit in Bandle City. They are not a race of beings. The mention of Meglings as a race back in the day was, and continues to be, a typo.

As for the male/female thing, makes have the "peacock complex"; the male yordle is responsible for attracting the female of the species, hence why the males have a wider variety of skin/fur types. This is why Teemo gets all the ladies OH YEAH~
MEGLING MURDERER!

You should be ashamed...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotBabagahnoosh

Creative Designer

Follow babagahnoosh on Twitter

09-13-2010
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figgots View Post
MEGLING MURDERER!

You should be ashamed...
It is difficult to murder something that did not exist.

OH SNAP NOW I'VE DONE IT~


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

D3Reap3R

Emissary of the League

09-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylph1 View Post
That explains it! Teemo!
Well, Teemo seems to the Ladies so *puts Sunglasses on* blinding.

YEAAAAAHHHHH.

(Always wanted to do that.)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dracorya

Senior Member

09-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotBabagahnoosh View Post
It is difficult to murder something that did not exist.

OH SNAP NOW I'VE DONE IT~
QUICK! Into the witness protection program!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Safir

Senior Member

09-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzmaster View Post
What I want to know is what is up with some yordles have 3 fingers, some have 4. Some yordles have cat ears (Kennen, Teemo, possibly Veigar), some have elvish ears (Tristana, Poppy), some even have human-like ears (Corki's Hot Rod skin). Most male yordles seem to have the triangular dog/cat-like nose (Veigar, Heimer, Teemo, probably Kennen), some have regular noses (Trist, Corki, Poppy). Can we attribute this stuff to sexual dimorphism as well? Seems like these aren't simple color changes or size differences that we commonly associate with sexual dimorphism, but attributes that would change across a species or genus. The problem is there's so much inconsistency that it's pretty hard to believe all these little guys are Yordles.

Maybe if we could get all the yordles to remove their headgear, this'd be a little clearer.
^ THIS.

It always bugs the hell out of me when I'm drawing them. You probably could've explained it away as a large variety of possible yordley traits, if our two yordle females didn't look almost exactly alike. Poppy and Tristy look like they're from the same race. Kennen and Teemo, sure. Corki and Heimer, sure. But Kennen and Corki? Teemo and Heimer? THAT FRO DOESN'T HIDE THOSE DISTINCTLY HUMANOID EARS.

In light of those discrepancies, it's even more difficult to just shrug off the differences between the males and females of the race. Can we please get some internal consistency? This might seem like just a small and inconsequential detail to some, but really, it's a matter of standards, people! This stuff isn't hard to get right!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GloStik

Junior Member

09-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DramaticBear View Post
<3