Hi, I'm the new eCommerce Director

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eph289

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-04-2012

Hippalus, you got some splainin to do!

Tramble

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-04-2012

I think runes and rune pages are a much bigger issue in terms of pricing than champions currently.

Haha same YOLO

09-04-2012

As a recent grad of studying Economics, I have to ask if you plan on doing something similar to what Valve's new economist has done - specifically, this type of blog: http://blogs.valvesoftware.com/category/economics/

The numbers behind ecommerce and microtransactions have always fascinated me for a number of reasons (which elucidating on in this post is an unsavory expenditure of time because it's not necessarily worthwhile)

Corpulent Flesh

09-04-2012

What happened to Moneypenny?

Fredmonroe

09-04-2012

Do you plan on re-releasing old "limited edition skins" for a huge markup for a limited time? Purchasable only by people that were playing the game at the time of release of course.

Soup4

09-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
Haha I love that that's the first question. The only overlords I answer to are sitting here in Santa Monica, CA, USA and they all care way more about the game and the players than about making money.
And yet every new champ is 6300ip.

Dame Red

09-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinDelMarr View Post
I feel like they should keep new champs at 6300 IP, just because it leaves that sense of "New champ preview looks sick, now I want to save up" (I'm thinking a little too much business here, but it should stay, since it also reduces the occurrence of seeing said champ).

I'd rather see older champs with less viability get some reductions (Garen was in need of a change), especially since this gives newer players, or those with less overall playing time a little more depth.

There really needs to be more consistency with older Champ IP reductions, since 6 months is waaaaay too long with the frequency of new champ releases
What about something in between 6300 and 4800? I mean, yes, you're right about the "seeing a champion less" thing but at the same time, we all know that is a **** ton of ip to save up in normally a two week period of time.

Also, I do agree with you about the amount of time they let pass til they reduce the champion price. It is a bit too long.

And finally, what are your thoughts about the champions that were released under the 6300ip mark? What made that permanent change AND HOW DO WE CHANGE IT?

Ruthless Sophie

09-04-2012

Oh you business savvy stud you! Welcome to Riot, How do you feel about champion bundles based on champions classes for example tank bundles or AP carry bundles... just throwing that idea out there :P

Bunny Killer

09-04-2012

are you only working with existing pricing things or will you be in charge of introducing new things for us to buy as well?

could something happen to name changes? either a reduction or some type of deal because it costs more than any other champion its not worth it

Duke Br0heimer

09-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
Haha I love that that's the first question. The only overlords I answer to are sitting here in Santa Monica, CA, USA and they all care way more about the game and the players than about making money.
Are there any plans at all to reduce the price for rune pages? They cost as much as a champion and since the original purpose of making that price so high (Riot was still an unknown company, hurting for cash - they had to make money somewhere) is kinda gone now, I don't see what's holding you back.