Hi, I'm the new eCommerce Director

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vialley

09-04-2012

Why are Runepages so Overpriced and morrelo and lyte making bad excuses about it

Xelesta

09-04-2012

**** I just bought 20bucks worth of RP on the last weekend, well at least I got arcade Sona

Im Skirt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-04-2012

I think the question on everyone's mind is: Does riot have any plans to release a champion (not asking for anything specific) that is lower than 6300ip? If not, could you please explain your reasoning on this?

Seeker0fTruth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-04-2012

Hi!

I've been playing for a little over a year (since the leona patch) and I love this game, so I'm glad you're a part of it (especially since it will save IronStylus' head exploding if someone asks him about rune page pricing again . . . heh). If you'd like to add me in game, I would love to play in some community ARAM or ARAZ or catch the teemo or whatever.

Salvationier

09-04-2012

As a player and a person that understands that you guys are a company and understands that a company doesnt work without making money. I have a question about runes IP priceing.

Doesnt it seem like Rune prices are a little to high?

Like I said I understand you guys are a company and a company doesnt run without making money, but also if a company isnt keeping a player base happy then in the end its not going to make money to stay afloat.

Alot of people I play with are very limited in what they due as far as possible roles to play because even with the amount of time they play its hard to farm up the IP to get full rune pages.

Yes you can pay for IP boosts but in thier opinions its not worth it and its better to just keep hopping along and hopefully they will eventually have all the runes needed to fit all they playstyles they wish.

Now this isnt because they dont want to spend money because every person I play with has Multiple Rune pages and skins bought at full price for atleast 10-20 characters. So they are helping to support said company regardless.

So in the long run doesnt having such a high pricing on runes really hurt the game?

Does it not force people to go into games unprepaired or unmatched to the abilities of another person simply because they couldnt afford runes.

This leads to the problem that alot of MMOs have as far as PvP stands. Regardless of a players skill they will be forced to grind and grind and grind, all the while being murdered and forced to have no fun in countless amounts of games simply because said player has had the game alittle longer then you.

This drives the game away from a players skill and more towards who has spent the most time playing in order to be out geared compared to someone else.

Personally I think the way Champion Pricing and skins stand it will not hurt the economy of the company to lower Rune Pricing and make it more accessable to players.

Champions and Skins should stay at the price they are if not higher because this is where the real money comes in for the company. If someone wants a champion today they are going to shell out the money to make sure they can have it. And this is perfectlly fine and completly understandable way to make money.

If you want runes well your out of luck. Now I dont believe Runes should have RP because then the game would definetly become pay to win. So grinding for it is still the best method but prices should definetly be reduced.

With the current IP gain formula reducing the price of runes would make it so people could buy runes to be able to play more efficently and you would still have to heavily grind to get a champion. Leaving the normal standard of you know what i really want this champ im goign to buy it instead of grinding.

IonCannonKarthus

09-04-2012

Why has Ezreal's price never been reduced even though he has been out far longer than other champions that have gotten reductions?

Can you tell us if there will ever be anymore 520RP skins?

Giratino

09-04-2012

So, I see that Cait and Maokai have a new pricing set for 790RP, does this mean we will be able to see a restructuring of the RP to IP scale of champions in the near future? Considering how frustrating it is to see 3150 champs cost as much money as 6300s. :/

Also, welcome!

My nigguh totoro

Recruiter

09-04-2012

My friend just recently bought the 50$ RP selection, he did not receive double bonus.
He started with 13 RP, after purchasing the 50$ RP he only obtained 7,913 RP.
With the double bonus, should he not have received 9,313 RP?

He already submitted a ticket (or is now), but I just wanted to be sure before I bought it as well and do not get the bonus I'm hoping for...
Since support does take along time.

Alexandra Avdey

09-04-2012

Aaarrrggghhh!

D*mn you and your double bonus RP sale to the Nine Hells! There goes my $400.

Sigh.

Rigelis

09-04-2012

Does the bonus start today or tomorrow?

And to clarify, does this work for prepaid cards also?