Are there retired champions?

First Riot Post
123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kultra

Senior Member

09-13-2010

How old is the league?

I get the magic of the nexus can keep the champs alive when inside the fields of justice, but can the champs fall in battle when outside of the league? (I.E. Can Ezrael die if a temple falls on top of him? Can KogīMaw be killed by Kassadin if they were to meet in battle outside the league?)

So, with that true, can a champion become too injuried to continue participating in the league when outside the league rules? or will they just be healed by their respective factions enough to heal again?

Have any champions decided they donīt want to fight anymore and retired before the current time?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotBabagahnoosh

Creative Designer

Follow babagahnoosh on Twitter

09-13-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kultra View Post
How old is the league?

I get the magic of the nexus can keep the champs alive when inside the fields of justice, but can the champs fall in battle when outside of the league? (I.E. Can Ezrael die if a temple falls on top of him? Can KogīMaw be killed by Kassadin if they were to meet in battle outside the league?)

So, with that true, can a champion become too injuried to continue participating in the league when outside the league rules? or will they just be healed by their respective factions enough to heal again?

Have any champions decided they donīt want to fight anymore and retired before the current time?
1. The League is just shy of 20 years old.
2. Champions can be killed outside of a Field of Justice.
3. It is possible, but it has yet to happen.
4. No champion has yet quit the League.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frag Pulf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotBabagahnoosh View Post
3. It is possible, but it has yet to happen.
Urf. I count him.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kultra

Senior Member

09-13-2010

Whoa, a red post. I feel honored XD

Thanks for the anwers Babaganoosh, I guess itīs prying, but it sounds like you guys in the lore team have it pretty planned out, think we will ever get a time line of the mayor events?

Will there ever be a thing like Warhammer 40k where depending on which armies win more, their respective factions grow stronger with the lore? or maybe faction restrictive tourneys?

Thanks =D


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Taenshi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frag Pulf View Post
Urf. I count him.
Did Urf ever get officially accepted into the league? I thought he died just before he got entered into the books


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

D3Reap3R

Emissary of the League

09-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taenshi View Post
Did Urf ever get officially accepted into the league? I thought he died just before he got entered into the books
Urf had, according to Lore, never received the Judgment. Unfortunately, this also means he never was enlisted and his death was not "checked". This also means that he can not receive the reviving of the Nexus. Making us, however, wonder if a Nexus can only survive these bound to it, like the Champions. The Judgment could do the Bounding for the Champions for example, making them revivable.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frag Pulf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-13-2010

Oh goodie I brought up deeper questions! So LoL only protects though who has passed judgement or did I miss read Urf's lore and he wasn't even invited?

*bookmarks page


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Freshy Q

Senior Member

09-13-2010

If the league is just shy of 20, wouldn't that mean Annie would have grown up some? How is she still 3 years old?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Not LiteKerosene

Senior Member

09-13-2010

So when they cant fight anymore are they still going to be playable? Im sure they would be but it doesnt hurt to ask.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vuther

Senior Member

09-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshy Q View Post
If the league is just shy of 20, wouldn't that mean Annie would have grown up some? How is she still 3 years old?
MAGIC!

She puts too much of her life energy into burning stuff to let herself grow?

Yeah, I don't know why either.


123