Irelia Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

13thPlague

09-03-2012

Hey all my irelia build is

GA
TriForce
Wits End
Merc/Ninja Boots
Randuin's Omen

What should be my last item? Im deciding against Warmongs and Force of Nature, however any other suggestions for items are also welcome.

TwistWrist

09-03-2012

Builds shouldn't be a static order.

That being said, I think your build has high resistance but lowish health. Not the most effective way of staying alive.

Your armor also seems rather high as well. For the average game, it definitely seems like more than you need.

Isamichi

09-03-2012

Hey 13thPlague!

I think that items you should consider building are:

Frozen Mallet - HP & Slow proc
Frozen Heart - Armor, CDR, and Debuff Aura
At-Mogs - Sheer tankiness & Damage
HexDrinker/Maw - EXTREMELY good Anti-Magic Damage

Grim Reaper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-03-2012

I switched out the recommended items for these core items so that I can build effectively to counter most situations.

Boots: Can be built into either Merc or Ninja tabi. Boots of Mobility is a possibility if you are spending more time roaming than in lane, but that shouldn't be the case usually.

Philosopher stone: Good early item for sustain since you need to farm like a mad man. I find Shurelya's Reverie to be a good item to have on Irelia most games so this item is never a bad buy.

Phage: Can go to either a Trinity force or Frozen mallet (Frozen if you need survivability and Trinity if you are doing well.) Note, you do not need to rush your Trinity. You can wait till a bit into mid game to have it completed.

Wits End: Good item all around and usually build this. Sometimes trade it out for Ionic Spark if the enemy team has literally no magic.

Negatron: Builds into Banshees veil or FoN if you need a good amount of mr + survivability. Can easily switch this out for a Guardian angel or Maw of Malmortious.

Chain Vest: If the enemy carry is doing good, you can build this into a Frozen heart or Randuins. Both are good items all around so can be built in most games to great effect.

So, I guess in summary
Boots: merc/tabi
Philostone -> Shurelya's
Phage --> Frozen mallet/Triforce
Recurve bow -> Ionic/Wits
If need mr, then: Malmortious/GA/FoN/Banshee's
If need armor, then: Randuins/Frozen Heart

MoreMedz

09-03-2012

Try to plan for your core items first, then build the rest pending on the matchup and how the game is going. Good thing about Irelia is that your main source of damage is built-in, i.e. your W, so you can balance your damage and tankiness to suit your game.

Early game you may be forced to get philo and HoG to keep up with the farming. Wit's End is great against AP heavy team, but if you are laning against say Malphite, then you are better off completing your Ninja Tabi and go straight into Triforce.

The rest is about identifying the largest threat on the enemy team. If they have a strong ad carry, then you should consider a Frozen Heart; if their ap carry is melting your team, Wit’s End + Force of Nature; if they have true damage, then do Frozen Mallet and AtMogs for the health boost.

TwistWrist

09-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreMedz View Post
Wit's End is great against AP heavy team, but if you are laning against say Malphite, then you are better off completing your Ninja Tabi and go straight into Triforce.
Malphite is mostly magic damage.

Even most tanky DPS Malphite builds still still mostly do magic damage during laning phase.

Irelia straight rushing Trinity Force is super risky against competent teams. You can get away with it if you are fed or your team is ahead but I'd get some tankiness first because finishing TriForce otherwise.

MoreMedz

09-03-2012

I just meant that when you start with Wit's End, you will want to capitalise on the offensive aspect of it, being the attack speed boost and the magic damage. Maybe even roam a bit to mid, if the situation allows.

But against certain champions like Malphite, you are better off just farm defensively towards your bigger items as opposed as to trying to force trades. Heck, sometimes you might be stuck playing defensively even if you have Wit's End, against really aggressive and competent laning opponents.

And yes, I do agree that going Triforce first is a huge risk, since there is a good chance you won't get there around Irelia's sweet spot, at lv 9-11.

xxkilleuxx

09-04-2012

Actually, you should watch champion spotlights to deal tons of damage

TwistWrist

09-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreMedz View Post
But against certain champions like Malphite, you are better off just farm defensively towards your bigger items as opposed as to trying to force trades. Heck, sometimes you might be stuck playing defensively even if you have Wit's End, against really aggressive and competent laning opponents.
I was just trying to point out that Ninja Tabi doesn't make much sense against Malphite.

MoreMedz

09-04-2012

You are right, it doesn't make sense against Malphite. I was just thinking about getting a cheaper pair of L2 boots to help the rush for that super risky Triforce. The example was a poor one.