Champion skins lore

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Enrayged

Senior Member

09-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcherU View Post

Deep one Kassadin? Was he underwater?

Simple - he went to Rapture to learn how to use plasmids

..What? Am I the only one who thinks that could pass for a Big Daddy skin?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotBabagahnoosh

Creative Designer

Follow babagahnoosh on Twitter

09-13-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcherU View Post
Ok I know many skins can't really be considered canon(like the Vancouver skins) but there are plenty out there that could come with their own cool (lore accurate) stories.

Who wouldn't love to hear about Katarina's undercover mission in Bilgewater?

Or how about that covert OP with Commando Garen, Xin Zhao and their Meggling friend Guerilla Tristana?

Fifth age Taric night out at the disco?

Red Annie's encounter with Big Bad Warwick?

Certain legendary skins are already getting these humorus announcements(like Gentleman Cho'Gath and Corporate Mundo) so wouldn't it be cool if some other skins got some real stories?

Alternatively you can post your own stories (or just explanations for the skins) on this thread.
The skins are generally not a part of the lore. This decision is very intentional; can you imagine a world WITHOUT Corporate Mundo? I shudder to think of it.

There are some skins, however, that are clearly inspired by the lore. You'll start to see more and more of those as time goes by. First and foremost, however, is that we want skins to appeal to all players, and not just ones geeked out by the lore exclusively.

That doesn't mean that we're never going to do awesome lore skins. If you've been following the Freljord story in the JOJ, then you will be in for a treat... soon!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dracorya

Senior Member

09-13-2010

I'd love to hear the lore behind Yi's upcoming Ionia skin!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BraveryBeyond

Senior Member

09-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotBabagahnoosh View Post
The skins are generally not a part of the lore. This decision is very intentional; can you imagine a world WITHOUT Corporate Mundo? I shudder to think of it.

There are some skins, however, that are clearly inspired by the lore. You'll start to see more and more of those as time goes by. First and foremost, however, is that we want skins to appeal to all players, and not just ones geeked out by the lore exclusively.

That doesn't mean that we're never going to do awesome lore skins. If you've been following the Freljord story in the JOJ, then you will be in for a treat... soon!
I hate to contradict a RIOT employee, but you're wrong. Maybe unintentionally. Bolded statement implies Corporate Mundo has no backstory or lore, when he in fact does. Corporate Mundo was apart of the hostile takeover to aquire Gentleman Cho'Gath's assets after the debauckle of the caper he pulled, involving both Magnificent Twisted Fate and Firefighter Tristana. Four of the current Legendary Skins are all tied by lore.



...Sorry... =)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Squeen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotBabagahnoosh View Post
The skins are generally not a part of the lore. This decision is very intentional; can you imagine a world WITHOUT Corporate Mundo? I shudder to think of it.

There are some skins, however, that are clearly inspired by the lore. You'll start to see more and more of those as time goes by. First and foremost, however, is that we want skins to appeal to all players, and not just ones geeked out by the lore exclusively.

That doesn't mean that we're never going to do awesome lore skins. If you've been following the Freljord story in the JOJ, then you will be in for a treat... soon!
So possibly a new champion or a Freljord Tryndamere skin?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Flux Aureo

Senior Member

09-13-2010

I wish they show the lore of Noxus Poppy.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

leirynot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracorya View Post
I'd love to hear the lore behind Yi's upcoming Ionia skin!
I think the lore behind that is just the fact that Yi is Ionian


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Archparagon

Senior Member

06-13-2012

Can we get a 'Hood Ziggs skin with a Gold Grill for those awesome teeth? The rest is up to you but I think a do-rag would also be appropriate for this one


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Balderdinger

Senior Member

06-13-2012

Anyone care to explain how Ezreal got hooked up with Samus' armor?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BaronFingerCrush

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-13-2012

I'd like to know the lore of Officer Caitlyn.