Arcade Sona's sounds are too quiet!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mizugorou

08-31-2012

I really, really love the new Sona skin. But her sounds are way too quiet. You can't hear them AT ALL when something else is going on. You can barely hear her auto attack sound either way. It's really disappointing considering how great the skin is and how unique the sound effects are. I really hope someone can fix this.

Varrok

08-31-2012

Bump for this guy, I agree.

Sylph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

Mizugorou

08-31-2012

It's not even her idle sound, although that is very quiet too, it's all her Arcade sounds period. Her auto attack (which also has a custom sound) is SO quiet you can only hear it if you're alone and the background music is off. Her aura sounds are really quiet/low pitched and are drowned out easily in the banging and clashing of lanes/fights. Her ultimate is VERY underwhelming both in animation and sound... you can barely see it even go off and it's so quiet. It's not really "ultimate" material at all.

C3Sound

Associate Sound Designer

08-31-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizugorou View Post
I really, really love the new Sona skin. But her sounds are way too quiet. You can't hear them AT ALL when something else is going on. You can barely hear her auto attack sound either way. It's really disappointing considering how great the skin is and how unique the sound effects are. I really hope someone can fix this.
Hey Mizugorou,

No worries. This will be addressed for the next patch. Thanks for the feedback!

Fetchystick

08-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by C3Sound View Post
Hey Mizugorou,

YAY, thank you! I love how riot listens to the community. Thank you muchly! Just about to post the same complaint

illidan721

09-01-2012

couldnt agree more,the sound is just too quiet that i cant even hear it

lowfatpwnage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-02-2012

This is great to see. Riot listening to its customers and players. When i bought the skin i was expecting the sounds to be really 'old style - 8 bit gamey'. nice to hear my pet peeve is already going to be addressed.

Thanks heaps C3Sound.

Mizugorou

09-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by C3Sound View Post
Hey Mizugorou,

Yay! Thanks a bunch

HotHit

09-03-2012

Hey thanks C3Sound! Glad to know you guys are on the ball on this. Her visual cues are great in this skin, people can tell what's going on.

But her audio cues, especially for a champion centered around sound, a very disappointing. It's noticeable on all her sounds and her ultimate's ground based particle combined with the quiet cue is particularly lackluster. But the most disappointing thing is her powerchord. It could've just been that I was laning with vayne which always makes me feel useless. It could've been that I was laning against Janna/Graves, which means my attacks definitely were lacking their usual punch. It could've been the fact that I was with a four man premade that clearly didn't know what they were doing.

Unfortunately, I am extremely upset that my innate in League has lost its punch. I don't care about visuals, I barely even care about the damage. I wanna hear a music note smash them in the face with enough force to blow them across the room, even if that isn't what it actually does. That noise alone, just like Nunu's iceball and bot laugh combined, is what makes Sona with playing.