[Champion Concept] Ozym, the Stringless Manipulator

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Script Lord

08-30-2012

”The call of the stage is too powerful to resist! I have a need to entertain the masses!” – Ozym

Lore:

Quote:
As a child, Ozym had always dreamed of the theater. Being a star was the most wonderful thing he could imagine, standing before the spotlight and receiving thunderous applause from the audience. He fantasized about putting on a show that would entertain audiences regardless of age, size, or even race. He eventually got his chance to shine when he was offered a slot in the Yordle Theater, to perform and show himself off to his fellow yordles. The moment he stepped out onto the stage his whole world came crashing down, as he found himself petrified and unable to speak or move. It appeared he had been so fixated on bringing joy to others that he had never even come up with a routine.He ran from the theater, a pale ghost of his former self, and for the following weeks toiled over what he should do.

It was during this time that he discovered his aptitude for magic, able to move small objects like dolls with just an uttered command. He wasn’t very skilled, at first, but he honed his power to the point of affecting larger objects until he finally had a brilliant plan. His ability to magically manipulate would make him the perfect puppeteer! So he had a puppet made, infused it with his magic, and then practiced for the day he would perform. He and his puppet wowed the crowd, and soon they were playing venues every night in Bandle City. They eventually branched out to play in other city-states, whatever ones would allow them, but Ozym soon grew tired of the same old thing. He wanted a bigger, and grander, stage to perform on. What better stage could there be than one of the hallowed Fields of Justice?

General:

Quote:
Race: Yordle
Height: Average for a Yordle
Weight: Average for a Yordle
Affiliation: Bandle City

Statistics:

Quote:
Roles: Ranged, Support
Resource: Mana
Attack range: 525
Attack speed: 0.635 (+2.5%)
Damage: 46.5 (+2.75) {93.25}
Health: 400 (+80) {1760}
Mana: 300
Move speed: 315
Armor: 10 (+3.75) {73.75}
Magic Resistance: 30
Health Regen: 5.35 (+0.65) {16.4}
Mana Regen: 6.55 (+0.7) {18.45}

Abilities:

Quote:
(Passive) Puppet Master– Ozym possesses a familiar, a puppet that does his bidding and has been infused with his magic. It can't be damaged, has 5/10/15% increased attack speed when within 200 units of its master, and gives its master 10/15/20% increased movement speed when more than 500 units away. Additionally, the puppet remains in place for 5 seconds (or until Ozym is within 200 units of it) to attack surrounding enemies after Ozym casts his Q or E

[Q] Upstage – Ozym sends his puppet dashing forward at incredible speed, pushing ally and foe alike. Allies within the puppet’s path are rendered invulnerable as they are pushed the distance it travels and have their movement speed increased by 7/10/13/16/19% for 2.5 seconds. Enemies within the puppet’s path take 100/130/160/190/210 (+0.7 AD) physical damage and are knocked back.
Cost: 50/60/70/80/80 Mana
Cooldown: 8.5/8/7.5/6/5.5 seconds
Cast range: 650

[W] Performance – Ozym stays in place and animates his puppet to dance merrily about, bringing peace to all who witness it. Grants nearby allies 5/7.5/10/12.5/15 Mana per second and reduces nearby enemies’ Magic Resistance by 6/12/18/24/30% for the duration.
Cost: 15/20/25/30/35 Mana per second
Cooldown: 1 second (Toggle)
Cast range: 800

[E] Intermission – Ozym commands his puppet to move to protect an ally or linger near an enemy; the puppet reduces the damage dealt to an affected ally by 60/85/110/135/160 (+0.34 AP) for 3.5 seconds, it reduces an affected enemy’s armor by 10/12.5/15/17.5/20 (+0.1 AP) and stuns them for 2 seconds.
Cost: 70/80/90/90/90 Mana
Cooldown: 12/11.5/11/10.5/10 seconds
Cast Range: 725

[R] Curtain Call – Ozym and his puppet commemorate a great show by taking a bow, all nearby allies have all of their basic abilities on cooldown instantly refreshed and their ultimate abilities’ cooldown reduced by 10/15/20 seconds.
Cost: 100/125/150 Mana
Cooldown: 35/70/105 seconds
Cast Range: 1500

Quotes:

Quote:
(Selection)

“The whole world is a stage!”

(Movement)

“It’s showtime!”
“We’re on our way!”
“Over there!”
“Let’s go!”

(Attack)

“No strings attached!”
“Child’s play!”
“A standing ovation!”
“Let’s knock ‘em dead!”

(Upstage)

“Take the stage!”
“Break a leg!”

(Intermission)

“Don’t choke out there!”
“Just breathe and focus!”

(Curtain Call)

“Let’s hear it for our wonderful performers!”
“We couldn’t have done it without you all!”

(Taunt)

“This will be a performance to die for!”

(Joke)

“My puppet’s name is NOT Pinocchio! Hmph.”

(Death)

“The show can’t be over….?”

(Recall)

“Let’s go get some props!”

Animations:

Quote:
Standing/walking – Always has his hands tucked in his pants pockets.

Auto attacking – Ozym’s puppet hurls orbs of magic

Taunting – Ozym’s puppet conjures a skull of magic in its right hand, which it holds up dramatically

Joking – Ozym’s puppet seems to touch its nose as Ozym folds his arms across his chest defensively

Dying together – Ozym falls back, only to get caught by his puppet before it too falls over in defeat

Dying apart – Ozym’s puppet collapses in a heap, while he falls forward and tries to crawl to it in vain

Dance – Ozym's puppet does the dance from 1:35 to 1:45

Okay, so standard procedure. Tell me what's wrong, what's right, if he's too OP or if he's UP.

Script Lord

08-30-2012

Reserved

Ask the Herald

08-30-2012

Nice

piiees

08-30-2012

man i really like the concept of this champ. although the ultimate is a bit over powered because champions with long stuns could then use them twice to stun an enemy for 5-6seconds. and champions with high burst would be able to use the burst twice when they are supposed to be weaker late game due to burst not being able to completely kill an enemy. that may need a bit of a rework.

CardianChevalier

08-30-2012

I think he would be super fun to play. I don't play much support role, but I would love to learn if I could learn with this guy.

Script Lord

08-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by piiees View Post
man i really like the concept of this champ. although the ultimate is a bit over powered because champions with long stuns could then use them twice to stun an enemy for 5-6seconds. and champions with high burst would be able to use the burst twice when they are supposed to be weaker late game due to burst not being able to completely kill an enemy. that may need a bit of a rework.
I admit that I ran out of ides when I got to his ultimate, but it's not like you're going to give me an alternative suggestion. So it's all we have to work with. But it's okay, because you're just nitpicking. All you did was call out the ultimate. That's it.

Basically, it's meant to bolster his allies who are within the range of effect. But it's useless if nobody's in range. It's not a global ultimate, it's limited. I don't know how it makes him OP, he doesn't benefit at all from it. Just his allies. And it doesn't affect any abilities that aren't on cooldown, so any allies who aren't spamming abilities (like Singed with his Poison Trail and Mundo with his Burning Agony) or have a passive basic ability (like Twisted Fate with his Stacked Deck) don't benefit too much from it either if they're not spamming.

But again, it's the only thing I can think of. If you have a suggestion, which I doubt you'll give since this is my champion, then I'm all for it.

Ask the Herald

08-31-2012

Bump for you

CardianChevalier

08-31-2012

I actually like his ultimate because it's like the appitomy of support. It would especially come in handy with big team fights and units with naturally high cooldowns.

Like I said, this is one of my favorite champ ideas on this forum. Well besides mine, but nobody cares about my idea. :P

Script Lord

09-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorekHedgemon View Post
I actually like his ultimate because it's like the appitomy of support. It would especially come in handy with big team fights and units with naturally high cooldowns.

Like I said, this is one of my favorite champ ideas on this forum. Well besides mine, but nobody cares about my idea. :P
Thank you, I really appreciate the love.

But I also acknowledge the concerns too. But I'm just not sure how to respond to those.

Anyway, I hope more people start noticing this.

Script Lord

09-02-2012

Please give Ozym some love!