Ezreal Ultimate Channel

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheTofudabeast

08-29-2012

Ezreal seems to be able to finish casting his ult even if he is stunned.

Typically, when someone is stunned during a channeled ult, they stop channeling that ult. And it's not a short list: Karthus, Anivia, Nunu, Katarina, Janna, Warwick, Fiddlesticks, Malzahar, Shen, Caitlyn (Q and R), Galio, Miss Forturne, Pantheon, Twisted Fate, and Urgot.

All of these channels are interrupted when stunned, but if you stun Ezreal during his 1 second channel time (which is in the text of the ability) his ult still goes off.

I'm just wondering if this is a bug or Ezreal is "working as intended" to be broken between it and the known "E after getting hooked by Blitz or Nautilus" thing.

SetzerValorin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-29-2012

I had this happen to me. Playing as Sejuani, and twice I caught an Ezreal with my ult. The Ice Prison was solidly on him and half a second later, he would still fire his ult. Both incidents he was the first champion hit by my ult and the duration of the stun was right, but I couldn't believe that he got his ult off both times after being stunned. Totally broken if this is working as intended.

Wilsifur

08-29-2012

I wonder if the problem is on sejuani's end or on ezreal's end in the example you gave.

Ryft Mith

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-30-2012

Hey guys, a couple things:

This bug has been known for long time. It also exists with Lux's ult, however they (somewhat) recently fixed a bug where she could flash while channeling.

Anivia does not channel her ult. There's a red post somewhere (I don't have a link, sorry) where they say that Anivia's ult turning off while she's stunned is an on-purpose design decision. They did it because hitting Anivia with a stun basically would have close to no effect otherwise.

The only reasons you're CC her would be to prevent her from popping her stun, or hitting her nuke. The problem with that is you're not stopping her main damage source and her nuke has such a short cooldown that she's just going to cast it again when she's back to normal.

To prevent a false decision (either I let her kill me or I stun her and let her kill me in 1.5 seconds) they made her ult detoggle when she's CC'd.

CaptenAmazing

08-30-2012

There's videos of this on Rift Myths too. It's known and only death will stop the ability.

Ulfang69

08-30-2012

Both lux and ezreals ults are not actually channels, so they will go off if done right about the time they get stunned, so this is all working as intended, its been mentioned before, its like a 1 sec cast time but its not an actual true channel ability

CertainlyT

Champion Designer

08-30-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulfang69 View Post
Both lux and ezreals ults are not actually channels, so they will go off if done right about the time they get stunned, so this is all working as intended, its been mentioned before, its like a 1 sec cast time but its not an actual true channel ability
Well said. Cast bars move from left to right. Channels move from right to left. Casts are interrupted by one thing: death. Channels are interrupted by silence or any hard CC. Why is this the case? Because cast times exist in our game to dictate combat pacing and mobility not to create reactive CC windows. In cases where we want that gameplay, we employ channels.

Ezreal R and Lux R are cast spells. I love nothing more than timing my Trueshot Barrage to case just when I see a Dazzle in the air coming at me.

Salganos

08-30-2012

I keep learning new things about this game, despite having played it for years. This one clears up a lot for me.

Edit: is this also the reason why, when playing Cho'Gath, champions will often still manage to use an ability after I've silenced them while they were airborne?

TheTofudabeast

08-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certainlyt View Post
Well said. Cast bars move from left to right. Channels move from right to left. Casts are interrupted by one thing: death. Channels are interrupted by silence or any hard CC. Why is this the case? Because cast times exist in our game to dictate combat pacing and mobility not to create reactive CC windows. In cases where we want that gameplay, we employ channels.

Ezreal R and Lux R are cast spells. I love nothing more than timing my Trueshot Barrage to case just when I see a Dazzle in the air coming at me.
Alright, this makes perfect sense. I think I was just getting confused by the wording of Trueshot Barrage saying in the spell that it channels.

Thanks for the reply Certainlyt! Keep up the good work

Dreampod

08-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certainlyt View Post

As much as I love it when I'm playing Ezreal - it is really dumb to have what appears to be a charge-up channel in fact be an unbreakable cast time. It creates hidden knowledge and a counter-intuitive gameplay. When I (and most players) see Ez start drawing back to fire my immediate reaction is to CC him like I would when I see Fiddles prepping to ult. However rather than being a good gameplay strategy it in fact wastes my CC because he wasn't moving and still does his damage. It creates a newb trap for everyone who plays against him and I've even seen pros try to cancel his ult on streams.