The WCG Experience - LoL

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gank That Skank

09-12-2010

Jiji carried CLG from what I saw. His Kennen ulti 1v4 w/ zhonyas absolutely destroyed you guys then his team came in and cleaned up. I must admit your heimer was really impressive, but heimer just doesn't bring a lot to teamfights imo, especially late game. Also, kogmaw is THE most broken carry in the game so that was unfortunate to see him played because I think he is a bit too strong, even though Hotshots positioning wasn't great, he got saved by Chauster a couple times. All in all great games. After watching both games it seemed like the best players for each team was Bigfatjiji and Salce.

Semantic Memory

Recruiter

09-12-2010

Congrats Epik - you guys did really well. I was thoroughly impressed by both teams in both games, you guys put up on hell of a fight.

NDAWE

09-12-2010

I dont understand only this - there r 2 recordet matches, 1 win for HS and 1 for Dan, where is the 3rd decide who is the champion ?

RiotStatikk

QA Analyst

09-12-2010
1 of 13 Riot Posts

League of Legends was easily the biggest, loudest, and best event at WCG yesterday.

A list of Rioterz who were there: me, Phreak, Marcou, Rinoa, Veigar, JeffJew, Volty, andyho

We got to meet a lot of cool people including finally getting to meet all the other players that I have been playing against online for practically the past year face-to-face.

The Araragi Nunu was pretty epic and it paid off late game as there were some "Epik" ults combine with Blood Boil'd Tristana played by Dan Dinh just ripping people. Bigfatjiji's Ashe also played extremely well in Game 1 but it just wasn't enough as I have the feeling that Salce's Vladimir and Xcessiv's Garen just put too much pressure on his positioning / targetting. My favorite moment of the game was Jiji hitting the Ashe arrow from mid to top onto Dan's Tristana as he was retreating trying to avoid a gank from Hotshot's Nidalee.

There were actually on-site complications with Game 2 as the WCG event was supposed to close for the day at that time (6:00 P.M.) and it took a titanic effort from the WCG staff (they had to announce it multiple times over the PA as well as turn off the big screens showing the LoL game) to shoo the excited audience out of the building part-way through Game 2. The Rioterz managed to sit and stay in to watch the rest of the game (we just pretended like we were WCG staff and watched the rest of the game on these little computer monitors). Near the end of the game around 7:00 P.M. there were talks from the WCG staff that Universal Studios was going to pull the plug on the power. This was happening for the last 10 minutes and all we could think was "wow...that would suck." Fortunately the power never went off and the players were allowed to finish another great game.

I would like to commend especially the players up there on the stage. They managed to play through all the complications including lag spikes they were receiving due to the WCG network being for lack of a better word terrible. The players never showed a hint of poor sportsmanship and worked with what they had. I am glad to have been there and I am proud to call myself a member of the League of Legends community.

It was such an enjoyable time and I hope people come out for the WCG Grand Finals as I can imagine it will be 100x crazier. See you all there. =)

Unclephillip

09-12-2010

There are a lot of problems with having tournaments streamed for HON,LOL, and DOTA.

ChingwithBling

09-12-2010

Most of your bans made sense, but why CLG ban twitch? i don't see twitch as breaking your team comp becuase of his squishyness and they didn't have someone like a Kayle to ult him when he does "spray and pray". + you guys had wards everywhere and an oracle a day keeps the nasty rats away!
and CLG should've banned your janna, seeing as it breaks their team comp cuase of her ult, can any1 or one of the CLG/Epik members respond to this =) ty

Milkshakes00

09-12-2010

Is there any way we can view a video of the first games?

I missed the first two. =[

Instau

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Milkshakes00

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfghanWalrus View Post
<3

Rinoa

eSports Coordinator

09-12-2010
2 of 13 Riot Posts

way to not include me dan, that hurts D: !