Just Started Playing Ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dcastratd Coffee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-26-2012

I think it has more to do with the duo you were with realizing you were a rioter and then backing off, if you were anybody else, he'd likely just continue with his rage.

MagikShot

08-26-2012

Hello Bazner
Do you play with the Riot tag?
I do agree being a nice guy helps a lot, but being a rioter helps even more
That said, I think it would be a great experience to play without the Riot tag to more often see those times where being nice doesn't work

ArcainAngel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-26-2012

Not sure if you have run into this or not but I just recently did(and it happens all the time). We go into queue and everyone calls there roles I call top and patiently wait to pick. The person ahead of me decides to insta lock Rengar(because he had mastered him already... *sarcasm*) now he had said nothing previously nothing at all he didn't speak. I am annoyed by this but ask the guy going mid if he wants to trade and go support and he say yes. We get into the game and 20 seconds after minions spawn he gives up FB by thinking this new champion is so OP can instantly kill Renekton at lvl 1. He then proceeds to give up 4 kills one after the other. And when I jungler comes to gank and Rengar dies because he fed Renekton he calls the jungler (jungler was Shaco so he got away) dumb and useless. Renekton is 5/0 and now I am frustrated. Since I had no jungle support mid their jungler constantly came mid and I got shut down. The worst part is when Renekton decides to visit each lane, kills me(Gragas), Rengar, Ashe, Leona, and Shaco (not a penta he got a couple assists). The game ends at 21 with a /ff. I hate solo queue because there is that one arrogant p*ick that doesn't listen to his team and just does what he wants.

UsoRemix

08-26-2012

Bazner is truth, I will be asking you for a game on my 1000th game ^^ (which should be coming up fairly soon, almost at 900 games...

Hazama Terumi

08-26-2012

Good luck! I remember the reason I tried Ranked was so that I could get up to 1750 elo to get me better chances of getting a job at Riot! But after seeing some of the worst this community has to offer game after game, I eventually gave up. It also doesn't help that I only have 3 rune pages, which limits me a lot.

I keep wanting to go back in to Ranked and try again, but at the same time I'm afraid I'll run into more trolls. But maybe if someone were to duo queue with me...

Hi Geoffrey

aka Bazner

Follow Xin it to Win It on Twitter

08-26-2012
29 of 123 Riot Posts

My last game with Ashe, I would not hit an arrow to save my life. It was basically as if I was just picking a random direction and sending them across the map. I need to enroll my hands in a skill shot dojo.

Keith Alan

08-27-2012

Thanks for making an effort to be positive. Ranked games need more of this. Negativity is rampant and doesn't really solve anything or improve the experience. I am guilty sometimes as well although never to the point where I have found myself in the tribunal

WaffleGasm

08-27-2012

Bazner, What elo are you currently at? Would you mind duo-ing with me on one of my accounts? I'm a very experienced player and I'm sure you could pick up a couple tips from me. According to "Elobuff" I'm the second highest Evelynn player on our servers.

Folly Inc

08-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotBazner View Post
My last game with Ashe, I would not hit an arrow to save my life. It was basically as if I was just picking a random direction and sending them across the map. I need to enroll my hands in a skill shot dojo.
First off, I know how you feel xD

Second, thanks for doing all of this. Not just playing ranked because you feel you need to, but letting us see a little bit of your experience first hand. Too me it seems like you're going above and beyond for a community that is sometimes ungrateful for it, and I just wanted to say I really appreciate that.

Finally, I'm a terrible AD Carry (not for lack of trying), but I find myself in the position really frequently. I get that I'm supposed to kill as many minions as I can, but at the same time I'm not supposed to push my lane. So I guess what I'm asking is, when should I be focusing on enemy champions? when should I be focusing on creep score, and when should I begin to move out of my lane as an AD Carry? I feel like a lot of this is champion dependent, but in solo queue I think there's a pretty small time frame in which all of this needs to be done x_x

Hi Geoffrey

aka Bazner

Follow Xin it to Win It on Twitter

08-28-2012
30 of 123 Riot Posts

I have removed "Riot" from my in-game name. I agree that it often will influence your queue mates in game (both positive and negative) and removing it will ensure I get to experience ranked in the same capacity as everyone else. I still stand by my belief that good communication can overcome negativity.

I am traveling to PAX this week, so I will not have much time to League, but rest assured, I will be continuing the adventure into ranked.