Spectating dominion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

naotasan

08-28-2012

Can we talk about the quest bug too?
You know, the one where you can complete a quest by owning only one of the capture points.

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

08-28-2012
5 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by naotasan View Post
Can we talk about the quest bug too?
You know, the one where you can complete a quest by owning only one of the capture points.
are you saying that you don't need to capture the quest point to complete the quest? could you provide more info please?

Everspace

08-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
are you saying that you don't need to capture the quest point to complete the quest? could you provide more info please?
The defending of your own point and capture of another point are two different things.

I imagine he's a bit confused as you can complete a quest with your defending point at neutral.

Perestukinas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2012

While we got your attention can the "Freeze bug" be fixxed ? The one where champions freeze in a capturing position... that one is realy annoying, allways happens on jax, garen, xin and many more.

DiscworldDeath

08-28-2012

It used to always happen on Jax, it now happens pretty rarely, and usually when you get the mid-shield.

If anything, the "bug" I'm the most bothered about is you can tell when a health relic is taken/spawns, even if you don't have sight of people in the fog of war taking it. So you can locate runners/incoming ganks that way.

naotasan

08-28-2012

Quote:
Scenario:

You have control of your bottom, they have control of their bottom. The quest is bottom lane.

You neutralize their point and they neutralize your point, you capture the point before they capture your point and the quest completes.

Basically if you once had control of a point but it's neutral (and it can be neutral for a period of time it seems) that's part of a quest, you can capture the other one while your original point is still neutral and complete the quest.

I'm sure I can provide more information if you would like. Or anyone else who knows what I'm talking about. I could even show you in game.

DiscworldDeath

08-28-2012

I don't see why this is an issue.

The quest is to capture theirs before they capture yours. Yours being neutral is "Non-captured".

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

08-28-2012
6 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by naotasan View Post
Scenario:

You have control of your bottom, they have control of their bottom. The quest is bottom lane.

You neutralize their point and they neutralize your point, you capture the point before they capture your point and the quest completes.
ooooh, i see. yeah, the first team to capture their enemy's quest point will complete the quest--there aren't any other dependencies, so you can ignore your own point as long as your team is the first to complete the capture.

that does make me wonder how different things would be if you needed to control both points to complete the quest. there could be some interesting ideas that come from that concept.

ploki122

08-28-2012

I'm not too knowledgeable about Dominion since I've played very few games (and none since I understood the 4-1 or tentative 3-2 meta) but I feel that having the buff be only up if you hold both points would be worse...

My assumption is based on :
1) It is possible to snowball in Dominion
2) Revive is commonly used in Dominion since it allows you to come back from a blunder.
2.5) A blunder in Dominion can create a huge turn in power.

So basically, since it is possible to snowball on Dominion, you have to rely on blunders/nice plays to make a turn in power. Revive inhibits the possibility of coming back, while keeping it extremely plausible (9min cd).
With that said, Having to hold both positions really makes it more snowbally since the team who has the advantage at any given time should have more Control Points, making it easier for them to capture the target while defending their (they can sacrifice 1 top/bot for the objective, making it that the 2/3 is still present but rotated). Once they have the buff, they will snowball harder since they are more powerful (basically a baron effect). Also, the underdog team has much lesser chances to get the buff since they then have to capture 2 different CPs within 1 counter-push and revive+buff helps the leading team balance out their blunder...

Still, like I said, this is all theory crafting and 1 thing I'm not quite sure but I assumed would be true while it might be wrong is that most matches will have 1 team advantaged (like in all mode) and that this team will have half of the time a lead big enough that you can't really catch it all back and become the one with the advantage with only 1 good play. Or basically, to translate it in simpler terms, if I understood Dominion right (by thinking it is a standard game mode...), most leading team will usually snowball to a 5-10k lead while a counter play will give ~5k bonus (i expressed it in gold because expressing in power is very... awkward), meaning that you will usually need 2-3 good plays to go from underdog to advantaged.

SlasherBag

08-28-2012

Quote:
oh, interesting. i just confirmed that and i've forwarded it along to the team that will fix it.
as to the point of changing the label, i'll message the designer in charge of making the call one way or the other.

thanks for mentioning it!
Glad to be of service.