New Sona Powerchord bug (quite annoying)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Postal Miku

08-07-2012

Sona used to have a bugged out Powerchord interaction with Nexus/Inhibitors, it always did the sound but never proced your powerchord, so it would be saved

NOW it does, BUT you get no bonus damage, just a waste of powerchord, it has the same interaction with wards where it consumes powerchord but no extra damage (not like it should do more damage, it should just not take your powerchord)

please fix it Riot so we get the extra powerchord damage on Inhibs/Nexus

Postal Miku

08-25-2012

bump for fix

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

08-27-2012
1 of 5 Riot Posts

i'll bring this up today.

i'd imagine that we'd have sona hold her powerchord rather than do bonus damage to structures (since diminuendo and slow wouldn't have as much of an effect and could be considered wasted), but we'll discuss it and see what would be the most intuitive and healthy method.

XReyoX

08-27-2012

Thx. I always feel sad whenever I have to waste it on wards.

Mirror

08-27-2012

I'd like to point out that this bug has been around since Power Chord has existed.

The only situation in which it wasn't broken was inhibitors (it would repeat, but not proc). It has always been wasted on towers. Since like 2003.

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

08-27-2012
2 of 5 Riot Posts

just tested a fix for this—going to try to get it into the next release.
looks like powerchord was set up to deal damage to inhibitors and the nexus (which is why it was consumed) but a bug was preventing it from being applied. we're just going to fix the bug, so sona will be able to powerchord inhibitors (and the nexus) when that goes out.

you can't diminuendo or slow structures though, so be mindful of that if you're going to use your passive for extra damage.

Postal Miku

08-27-2012

nice, thanks a lot, this should help out a great deal when it comes to last second clutch pushing

any word on the wards interaction too?

YurdleTheTurtle

08-27-2012

This bug has actually been around for a long time, possibly maybe even a year, but it's finally nice to see someone acknowledge it.

Please stop power chord from being used on wards though. It's simply a waste. I can understand dealing bonus damage to structures, but wards?

RoflMyPancakes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
i'll bring this up today.

i'd imagine that we'd have sona hold her powerchord rather than do bonus damage to structures (since diminuendo and slow wouldn't have as much of an effect and could be considered wasted), but we'll discuss it and see what would be the most intuitive and healthy method.
In the past power chord always affected towers but did not affect inhibitors and the nexus. When you attacked those structures your power chord held.

Are you sure your decision is consistent with the original implementation?

deth2munkies

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2012

For the record: This bug has existed for as long as Sona has. It is not new.