It shows....

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Koravel

Senior Member

08-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesh View Post
Honestly there's not too many threads that we can safely comment on in here. Most of them are "RANKEd WHERe" and "post here if you hate summoners rift" style of threads.

Usually by the time I see the "I need advice for X" threads, Nekrogen, Infeed, or Sauron have already posted their advice which will definitely be better than mine.

I lurk constantly though, and play dominion all the time now. Also:



Myself, Ququroon, and RiotVesper all play Dominion very heavily now. I believe we're up around the 1900-2000 range atm, and I'm personally trying to understand the dominion community better so that we can do more for you ^_^
I can confirm that Vesh Vesper and Ququroon all play Dom quite a bit, I've had the pleasure of playing with them. They know how to play and what they're doing, and yes they're around 1850-1900 or so, just a guesstimate, ofc.

Unless they know a way to see their elo that we don't.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vesh

Game Designer

08-27-2012
4 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterD103 View Post
Vesh, It isn't true that there aren't other things to comment that are important. There are debates in the dominion communities that reflect on the forums, just SOME of those debates.

1. Is revive current state ok?

2. Middle buff mechanic is working as intended?

3. Quest system is as good as it gets?

4. Current bot metagame is good for the game?

And so on and so on. I see these threads, and we don't see reds posting their opinions or how they intend to adress the issues or if in their opinions there is an issue in first place.

For example, Personally i don't like current storm shield because the fact that both teams get their buff decrease a lot of the tension at the middle of the map that would imo be a lot more interesting if the buffs would work in the vein of "First to get it is the only one to get it". now that's my opinion. But most of people in the community do not care that much about my opinion, but what RIOT and red think about it. What is your position about it?

These are the kind of questions and think we would like to see red involved and that we do not.
See, this isn't a fair list of things for me to respond to because I am -NOT- a designer and even if I express my *personal* opinion, people will see the red post and assume that my opinion somehow reflects that of Riot Games.

1. Is revive current state ok? No idea. I use it because it seems good and other people use it, but I don't know if its balanced because I'm not a designer.

2. Middle buff mechanic is working as intended? I don't know how it was intended to work, I'm not a designer.

3. Quest system is as good as it gets? No idea, I'm not a designer.

4. Current bot metagame is good for the game? No idea, I'm not a designer.



See the problem with being a red posting in these forums (who isn't a designer)? I love this community and want to post here and be a part of the board, but it's hard when people only want these kind of answers from me. As far as I'm concerned, I'm no different than any other player or summoner who uses this board. I want to participate in threads with you all, but please know in advance that I can't answer these types of questions.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lhyanc

Senior Member

08-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesh View Post
See the problem with being a red posting in these forums (who isn't a designer)? I love this community and want to post here and be a part of the board, but it's hard when people only want these kind of answers from me. As far as I'm concerned, I'm no different than any other player or summoner who uses this board. I want to participate in threads with you all, but please know in advance that I can't answer these types of questions.
Fair enough.

I will say that I'm glad to see that you enjoy playing Dominion and your interaction on the boards.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mindllapse

Senior Member

08-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesh View Post
Honestly there's not too many threads that we can safely comment on in here. Most of them are "RANKEd WHERe" and "post here if you hate summoners rift" style of threads.

Usually by the time I see the "I need advice for X" threads, Nekrogen, Infeed, or Sauron have already posted their advice which will definitely be better than mine.

I lurk constantly though, and play dominion all the time now. Also:



Myself, Ququroon, and RiotVesper all play Dominion very heavily now. I believe we're up around the 1900-2000 range atm, and I'm personally trying to understand the dominion community better so that we can do more for you ^_^

you're a community assistant

cAn yOu AsSiSt uS bY GetTiNg a dEsIgNeR tO pOsT hErE?

or at least admit that you have tried doing so in the past, and the designers you tried talking to just said "uhhhh, sure... I'll just put that on my... uhh.. to do list along with my TPS reports.... yea..."


A list of things Riot has said in the past about implementing Ranked Dominion:


a) we want to see how players play Dominion first
b) we want to see a normalized metagame
c) we want to make some changes

a) you have seen it for over a year now
b) there is not only a developed metagame, but also a changing, adapting, and evolving one
c) you have made 1-2 dominion specific patches since release, and no disclosed plans for any future

all of this amounts to

d) Soon (TM) a registered trademark of Riot Games

which people get angry over, so they hire community assistants like you to calm people down with empty verbal opium


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quackas

Senior Member

08-27-2012

Then how about writing some of these questions down and passing them along to designers when they arent busy designing?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-27-2012

Well it seems fair that you don't want to answer those questions from a riot point of view (though you can still as a player of course).
I guess the op mean exactly that, where are the designers responsible for dominion addressing these issues?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jassu

Senior Member

08-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesh View Post
See, this isn't a fair list of things for me to respond to because I am -NOT- a designer and even if I express my *personal* opinion, people will see the red post and assume that my opinion somehow reflects that of Riot Games.

1. Is revive current state ok? No idea. I use it because it seems good and other people use it, but I don't know if its balanced because I'm not a designer.

2. Middle buff mechanic is working as intended? I don't know how it was intended to work, I'm not a designer.

3. Quest system is as good as it gets? No idea, I'm not a designer.

4. Current bot metagame is good for the game? No idea, I'm not a designer.



See the problem with being a red posting in these forums (who isn't a designer)? I love this community and want to post here and be a part of the board, but it's hard when people only want these kind of answers from me. As far as I'm concerned, I'm no different than any other player or summoner who uses this board. I want to participate in threads with you all, but please know in advance that I can't answer these types of questions.
True, but is it possible for you to drop someone else a line who could potentially answer those questions? I believe Nome said he was going to help out with Dominion and Twisted Treeline after Proving Grounds was released and stable.