Diana will be restricted for NA Regionals

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PhreaksWilly

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2012

She is restricted because she wasn't available during the qualification events, simple as that.

ThreeFourW

08-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho v View Post
She is restricted because she wasn't available during the qualification events, simple as that.
Ding ding ding.

Potato404

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotMarcou View Post
For those interested in the competitive format at PAX:

Since Diana was restricted for IPL Faceoff & MLG Raleigh, she will also be restricted for the NA Regionals. All NA teams have been notified and have been furiously practicing over the past 3 weeks.

Tune in next week for a momumental competition.
i dont understand is it just diana or will they be playing on the patch from when IPL Faceoff & MLG Raleigh were takeing place

DreamsOfGrandeur

08-25-2012

Diana is being restricted because this is a much more important tournament and they don't want a potentially unbalanced champion turning a competition of skill into a bout of "Who can learn Diana faster".

Cardmaster

08-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcindin View Post
Why is diana being restricted when so many other champions have not been in the past? Zyra was hotfixed to bring her powerlevel down. Orianna was a very powerful champion near her release that changed the tournament landscape for some time. Neither of these champions were restricted.

I know that riot does not want potentiallly broken champions for Regionals, however if she is too out of line she will be banned, and if she is not, what better place to find out? Ali is perennially banned, or leaving teams regretting not banning him. However he has not been changed or restricted.

What I am asking is what makes Diana different?
They have to start improving somewhere. Those are mistakes to not restrict those champions but I'd rather not have Riot be consistent in mistakes lol.

I Know Judo

08-25-2012

She's just too strong. The nerf won't be in effect for the players, so, they have to disable her.

MattMarcou

eSports Manager

Follow RiotMarcou on Twitter

08-25-2012
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranhei View Post
They are playing on the Diana patch not the rengar patch.
Correct, the tournament will be played on the Diana patch.

sugarcrotch

08-25-2012

so does this mean we cant play her in normals during regionals or only the pros cant play her during the competition?

RavenHusky

08-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyrguy View Post
so does this mean we cant play her in normals during regionals or only the pros cant play her during the competition?
The tournament realm is completely separate from the live servers, so you should be fine. Aren't the tournament servers hosted at the location that the event is taking place at?

Leib Olmai

08-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotMarcou View Post
Correct, the tournament will be played on the Diana patch.
I really wish you could include the patch next week and just unable Rengar too.
Otherwise we'll see Gragas/Alistar/Corki/Graves Every single game and it's going to be boring.

On the other note, since Season 2 championship is in October, on which patch are they going to play ? Still Diana or a new one ?