Late August Patch Preview: Gameplay Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ninbushido

08-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Togetsu View Post
Let us see the last, oh say, ten released champs.

Rengar, Diana, Zyra, Jayce, Draven, Darius, Varus, Hecarim, Lulu, and Fiora.
Of this list, Diana is about to get nerfed, Zyra had a pretty strong nerf, Darius had a slight one, and Lulu had one due to her not really being played where she was intentionally designed. That leaves Jayce, Draven, Varus, Hecarim, and Fiora virtually unscathed by the nerf pole.

Champs are not always "Overpowered" upon release. It is more of people not knowing how to effectively counter a recently released champ. It will always be easier to play a released champ and dominate, than to find the right counter almost instantaneously upon release. Once a counter is found, however, you can see them hardly, if ever played. Varus, Hecarim, Fiora, Draven, even Jayce come to mind. Hell, Lulu wasn't even played as a support, but as a top lane before she fell down the nerf tree. How many have you seen in competitive play?

Although the PBE does provide some feedback, It will never provide the kind of numbers a real server can deliver. Instead of looking at it so negatively, think about the days before they got feedback from PBE, if you were even around? Remember Vayne, or Xin Xhao upon release? MY GOD! the new kids don't know true terror... Pentakills happened every game upon their releases. I think they even had Hotfixes cause they were so ridiculously strong.
The nerfs were still needed. Zyra was freaking too good, she was like Diana but ranged too and a TINY bit less tanky, now she's in a good spot I still see her a lot and she can still be played well as burst or sustained. Diana nerfs were needed, either nerf her Q or her passive (with a crazy ratio for only a passive...), so Diana is a bit more balanced now, Corki and Graves were no-brainers, this patch changed it so that YAY AP EZREAL STRONGER <3 I still play Lulu, I forgot which team it was but in one of the tourneys in this year with double support solo lanes mid and top. Darius? Was barely a nerf. They basically fixed his ultimate and decreased his passive damage a TEENSYWEENSY BIT.

Overall, I like this patch.

Vayne needs movement speed buffs, screw her damage she can still do late game but she needs her mobility back! Something like 35 MS bonus on her passive, 305-310 base movement speed would be good. Quadruple the movement speed with her ultimate instead of triple (back to the old one) would be good, but not completely necessary.

mandriloco

08-24-2012

Pff why are most of them dancing at then end of the Video if they pretty much getting nerfed ...

Kikhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-24-2012

Obvious nerf needed for Diana gj.

Finally hitting the attack speed buff on Graves which was what was needed from day one. I and many others have been saying this was what was needed not all the other nerfs.

This still amounts to an AP Ez nerf as Essence Flux is what AP Ez relies on leveling first and weakens his early game even more when it is his weakest time already. This also amounts to an AD Ez buff of which you finally got him back to a place where he was viable. Now he is about to be heading to an overpowered state. Essence Flux was nothing but, utillity and a little extra damage to AD Ez anyways so this really does nothing to nerf him.

I am a terrible Corki and hate playing against good ones so meh lol.

I hate stealthing butt sniffers in all games. I have only played eve in the Proving Grounds and she actually does really well in random. I wouldn't play her in SR and do not look forward to a day where she becomes a regular viable pick in SR either.

Ninjected

08-24-2012

The nerf for Diana seems pretty fair. I've been playing her a lot, and it totally makes sense. Although she was never as OP as lots of people thought imo.

TommiTommi

08-24-2012

rengar tweaks and bug fix please

txtmsg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-24-2012

Zomfg Diana is OP! Better nerf Irelia.

FeralPony

Live Balance Designer

08-24-2012
3 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by diegoSven View Post
They said "Feral pony" but we still got Morello talking in the video
I assure you that's me. We sound quite a bit different IRL but in the video we do sound eerily similar. I'd blame Phreak but I do that enough in my day to day work.

jk, <3 Phreak!

JosephSurface

08-24-2012

Rengar needs some changes. He feels like a nerfed Diana. They have Q for damage, W for shield, E for slow with the differance she can pull people in and they use R to jump but again with the differance she gets insta refresh for hitting her Q.

Rengar's arsenal and playability feels lacking at best. Please fix it.

mcspellitout

08-24-2012

Buffs for Eve! Yay!

Ez is still getting buffs? Meh.

I guess the Abyssal Change is totally justified!

Kirnl

Recruiter

08-24-2012

didn't see the Diana nerf coming a mile away.