It shows....

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FDru

08-24-2012

When Riot can do something so basic and important as turn queue dodge penalties back on, I might entertain the idea that they give a sh*t about Dominion.

Lhyanc

08-24-2012

Vesh, how do you know you are around 1900-2000? We would love to know our elo again! If not ranked soon, it at least gives us something to work on and try to increase our standing.

I would feel that Riot had less of a disconnect from Dominion if things like this didn't happen:
1. Phreak telling everyone to rush Deathcap in Dominion.
2. Morello saying that they really want to concentrate on the core map, otherwise it splits the playerbase.

irott

08-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamKim View Post
If someone here was to make a "1000 Dominion Win, Vesh pls" thread, would you be able to respond to that thread? ^.^
RiotRival did this for someone a while back.

I think that we as a community need a little less hand holding than SR, but any communication is always appreciated.

There are other issues that need to be addressed before Ranked is even on the table.

NamKim

08-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhyanc View Post
I would feel that Riot had less of a disconnect from Dominion if things like this didn't happen:
1. Phreak telling everyone to rush Deathcap in Dominion.
2. Morello saying that they really want to concentrate on the core map, otherwise it splits the playerbase.
I've been doing some thinking about this. I think that Phreak rushing Deathcap in Dominion is justified. Initially I was questioning his build but I changed my mind. The champion spotlights shows how Phreak would play these champions. Phreak tends to play pretty risky but he does so in a way where he still comes out in top. You know this since he tends to tower dive in a ton of his spotlights but always gets the kill (him dying afterwards is another story).

It makes sense that someone like Phreak would rush Deathcap because that is his playstyle. It's just that it does not work for the average player. It's kind of like how we tell people to be good at all the roles before starting to play ranked. But you get some of those guys who are so good at one role that they can carry themselves to platinum ranking playing that one role.

As for Morello, I heard that he worked on a game that is the opposite of what League of Legends is now, tons of maps but no core map. From my understanding, that game eventually became a failure due to this. Morello just does not want a repeat of what happened. But Morello said that while SR has to be the "core map," he recognized that other maps should be supported as well. I understand this style of thinking and I agree with it. I think the sooner we agree with this thinking, the sooner we can work with Riot. We just need SR to be on a level so high that the "secondary maps" being lower in quality will still be exceptional quality.

Which I won't complain about since I still get a good, high quality map out of this. As far as I'm concern, I win.

Lhyanc

08-24-2012

The joke always was that Phreak builds every champ to jungle and adds Tri-Force for 'tons of damage'.

In general, I think Riot has good intentions. SR just gets the majority of information, because that is where the majority of the playerbase is. We don't have to like it, but it makes sense.

NamKim

08-24-2012

Quote:
The joke always was that Phreak builds every champ to jungle and adds Tri-Force for 'tons of damage'.
Correction. Phreak builds Trinity Force on SR.
Phreak builds Deathcap on CS.

Why haven't I made the connection before this!?

Lhyanc

08-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamKim View Post
Correction. Phreak builds Trinity Force on SR.
That is what I meant. He did it long before CS existed.

ColdFireBeast

08-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesh View Post
Myself, Ququroon, and RiotVesper all play Dominion very heavily now. I believe we're up around the 1900-2000 range atm, and I'm personally trying to understand the dominion community better so that we can do more for you ^_^
We want ranked. That's all you need to understand. Turn it on and then let's get to making a community and fixing Dominion's balance. Until then, the community is just going to dwindle and shrink.

naotasan

08-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
When Riot can do something so basic and important as turn queue dodge penalties back on, I might entertain the idea that they give a sh*t about Dominion.
Or fix simple glitches that have been messing with the way Dominion works entirely (and yes I've posted multiple threads on multiple subforums, all ignored or over looked),

larkhill

08-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesh View Post
[...]Usually by the time I see the "I need advice for X" threads, Nekrogen, Infeed, or Sauron have already posted their advice which will definitely be better than mine.
[...]
Myself, Ququroon, and RiotVesper all play Dominion very heavily now. I believe we're up around the 1900-2000 range atm, and I'm personally trying to understand the dominion community better so that we can do more for you ^_^
heres a marketing lesson for you. theres a term called visibility. its the ability for your target audience to know that you actually exist. your target audience is the dominion community outside and inside of the dominion forum. if you dont have visibility, all your efforts in fixing whatever problem you may have, while all great and awesome, dont work if people dont know about it. lurking is fine for regular members. we cant have eveyone making threads all the time. it would turn to chaos (see general discussion whenever something big happens and everyone feels the need to make their own thread about it). but we need you guys to actually post instead of lurk

while lurking is understandable (infeed/nekrogen/sauron do indeed give great advice very often), it does not mean u can ignore the threads. im sure you have ideas/opinions too. i cannot possibly believe that you have agreed with infeed/nekrogen/sauron 100% of the time. you have to realize, the main complain the dominion community has (imo of course) is that riot doesnt even look at our forums. while its great to find out that you guys lurk here, you need to be aware that a key part of your job should be in establishing visibility.

visibility is key in having the community actually trust that you're doing something. i can almost guarantee you that 75% of morello's posts are offtopic humor or a very fancy way of saying "soon". and yet, people still have faith that eventually things will get done. it may take a year (stealth nerf) but eventually it gets done and thats ok. the important part is that we have proof that riot actually looks at the threads and ideas we make/put forth.

for example, i regularly see posts like:
  • I'll look into this
  • good idea, i'll ask around the office if its possible
  • soon (tm)
  • fun posts about lore (ironstylus does this a lot)
  • this idea isnt possible due to XXX technical issues but in the future you never know
  • we're looking on ways to improve XXX. post questions/ideas here (statikk does this a lot)
  • what are your thoughts on XXX. post here with stuffs (statikk)
  • hey, we still exist. here's a post in a randoim thread to prove it

the majority of these really dont offer a lot in terms of content, but they all show one key thing, visibility. it shows that you still exist. while id love to say that we can have faith in the riot community to lurk and still listen to our ideas/read our threads, at this point in the dominion history, i simply cannot do that. you need to show us that you exist.

you can say that you exist and that u read the threads and that you have all these wonderful things planned but at the end of the day, if we dont know that, ur going to have a mass exodus and the one community thats still keeping dominion alive will leave.

you wouldnt believe the amount of trust and faith people have in anyone that actually posts in this forum more than once in a blue moon. look at riotnome. when he first came here, he posted fairly often. almost overnight, people knew who he was,what he did, and they liked him for it. rickless had almost the same thing happen to him. it seems like every rioter that plays dominion prefers to lurk instead of post.