PvP.net client is a little too big for a macbook

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

milkytoast

09-10-2010

My macbook has too little screen resolution to handle the pvp.net client. The windows version goes into full screen when I'm in boot camp allowing me to play unhindered. I can't seem to resize it, that I know of... This makes it hard to click into chats or anything on the bottom. Usually when I play, I have to move the bar if someone talks to me.

Model Identifier: MacBook 5,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Memory: 2 GB
Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce 9400
Screen Size: 1280x800

xSeven

09-10-2010

You can resize it. But even resizing it to be smaller has bugs.

xSeven

09-10-2010

Like that

milkytoast

09-11-2010

Wow, I feel dumb now. I tried grabbing the corner initially and it didn't work. Must not have been low enough in the corner to grab it to resize it.

However, it has the the black box effect that you talked about.

wotabc

Producer

09-11-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Thanks for the feedback. I play on an old laptop that has similar resolution issues, so I know what you mean. Once I shrink it a bit it's pretty good. How is your in-game experience?

poppedcolla

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-11-2010

Noticed this too. Not a big deal, but is it only for the Macbooks? I'm using a Macbook so I wouldn't know anything different. Haven't had a chance to play in-game yet.

milkytoast

09-11-2010

I'm waiting till I'm ten games in to post a more in depth analysis of the beta client, I'm at about five games in. but so far there are some small bugs for me in game, only the one about pvp.net client hogging a cpu makes the game hard to play; I went from 17-30 fps down to 06-12 when that happened.

There doesn't seem to be an issue with the resolution in the actual game. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the PvP.net client is actually running adobe air natively in OS X and the LoL client is being run through Cedega.