Let's talk about abuse of the report feature

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

halifix

Senior Member

08-23-2012

Oh Lyte, you should sleep now. Tomorrow's not your day off!

...but if you're still up, I'm wondering what percentage of reports against me were by the people that were banned in this action. ...now that I think about it, you can't really look this up from your remote console. Mind looking this up tomorrow?

Also, you say that people shouldn't tell others when they're reporting. However, I often announce my actions in allchat. For example, I might say "Please report ******, he's doing such and such in team chat or something else," Generally, if I'm all-chatting it, I feel that trying to appease the player is useless. Or, I might say "Hey, can you guys confirm that ***** purposely ran into your tower/team and fed you a kill?" (I can't remember the last time I reported someone this way...) I feel this method is fine for announcing reports in-game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

trevorwhatever

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-23-2012

Lyte why do you continue to ignore me Im getting so sick of this, you call me a fking racist with no proof and taint my name give me proof or take it back and apologize


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rohkar

Member

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hearts Grow View Post
-1 Player for life now kthxbye!

(You're welcome for my dolla dolla bills.)
Don't let the door hit you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

08-23-2012
67 of 142 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lane Stardust View Post
You might have answered this question somewhere already, but this thread is getting too large to sift through so I'm just going to ask: On average, how many reports do players fill out on a per-game basis? Like, one report every five games, as an example.

Also, I'm thinking that once I hit level 30, I'll keep a log of all of the reports that I've sent out beyond that point, including the category that I selected to report the player for as well as whatever I filled out in the note section. I particularly enjoy collecting data, and this thread got me thinking about reports that I've filled out in the past and I really wish I could go back and look at reports that I've filled out. Would there ever be a way for players to have access to how many reports that they've sent and what percentage of them were accurate? I'm not sure if I'm using the system correctly now [though I didn't get banned, so I can't be awful at it?]

Sometimes I wonder if my reports are being ignored or not. Some reports that I've filled out for players I was kind of on the fence about and the same goes for when I do the Tribunal. Actually, especially with the cases I've been getting in Tribunal lately, I find myself skipping cases more frequently because I'll be on the fence on what to do with a case. So I'm wondering how this will affect my report weight and whatnot in the future.

Like tonight, for example, I had one case where there was only one report and one game to look at for a player; he said "GG" or "GG noobs" repeatedly when his lane opponent died, it seemed like, which is bad sportsmanship but I went ahead and voted Pardon since this was the only scenario of it occurring as I had no other histories or data to go off of. Do cases like that pop up frequently in the Tribunal? What are you supposed to do with them? I find myself Pardoning or Skipping a lot.

I'm just worried that if I keep getting cases like that where it's difficult to tell what to do with the person, if it makes your opinion in Tribunal matter less as time goes on. Also, does Skipping affect your verdicts on cases in the future at all?

It's a lot of questions, but yeah. This thread got me thinking about a lot of things; specifically how I'm seeing other people and how it's possibly affecting my report weight and Tribunal verdicts.
The number of reports made per game varies a lot depending on the territory or the game mode; however, you're an interesting example. You've actually reported players in about 30% of your games give or take which is a really high number compared to the average. However, your report weights are near perfect and you currently have a clean Tribunal record.

This is why I keep saying it's not about the number of players you report, it's all about whether the players show behaviors that warrant reporting and how you communicate with other players about your reporting actions.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

trevorwhatever

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-23-2012

why wont you answer me?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EspeonageTieler

Senior Member

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
The number of reports made per game varies a lot depending on the territory or the game mode; however, you're an interesting example. You've actually reported players in about 30% of your games give or take which is a really high number compared to the average. However, you're report weights are near perfect and you currently have a clean Tribunal record.

This is why I keep saying it's not about the number of players you report, it's all about whether the players show behaviors that warrant reporting and how you communicate with other players about your reporting actions.
dear Lyte im a big fan of yours and support what you did but id like to know why i wasnt banned. my brother was banned and you see we play alot of our games together and ive reported just as many ppl as him but never have i been in a game with him where he called someone a ****er or got that harsh on somebody


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

1rReL3v4n7

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspeonageTieler View Post
until replies UNTIL REPLIES

child you are 1 of thousands of people trying to get lytes attention. its not gonna happen, or the chances of it happening are slim to none be greatful that it wasn't you , if you bring attention to yourself you might get banned aswell


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

msgerbs

Senior Member

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADC OR I FEED View Post
No, it's not toxic, but it is completely irrelevant if they are feeding and throwing the game. Which is more toxic than anything anyone could ever type.
No, it's not.

Also hilarious coming from somebody who's name is ADC OR I FEED. ADC = Attack Damage Caster, right?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NegaStoat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohammers View Post
Don't you think that 1 week without warning or any rules against it was a bit harsh? like i can understand the suspension, but 1 week is kinda absurd, 2-4 days would be more reasonable and fair, don't you think so?
Please re read the Summoner's Code section VII, Be Resolute, Not Indignant. In fact, re read all of the Summoner's Code that every player said they read and understood.

Riot already gave people warnings of what they expected. I'm looking forward to them doing more in making players shape up or find a different game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheSquallFox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

08-23-2012

Oh great Lyte, Cast down your judgement upon thee!

But seriously, What exactly does Unskilled Player reports do? I assume they don't do too much which they should.

Should Ranked Reports weigh more than regular ones? Like, It just really pains me to hear how some people can drop over 100 elo a day because of trolls, I know its not just the trolls but that stuff really is disheartening.


I'm 1604 at the moment, in case anyone was wondering.
PS: If you have answered these questions, which i assumed you have, then just move along.