Account suspended for reporting too much? This is a new one...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CWRegret

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2012

Can i like get a reply and know my report history or does he only select certain people?

SmurfX213

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2012

Lyte why haven't you responded to me yet? Is it because you know I am innocent in all of this?

1. Why don't you admit your mistake?

2. Why was I suspended when I am a nice person and do not falsely report?

3. Why do you allow trolls on these forums to keep trolling us?

4. Why are you lying about the players?

5. Wouldn't it be better to unban everyone so you don't have anymore problems?

6. Why do good/innocent players like me get treated like **** from you guys?

Bromiitheus

08-22-2012

Lyte, I must say you're showing an amazing amount of dedication.

I salute you.

Xianio

08-22-2012

Quote:
With all the recent events this year that have thrown the forums into a ****storm (1000 RP scandal, Finales Funkeln issue, Tribunal bans and Punish spammers, RP costs going up, etc) I'm sure a lot of people have moved on, instead of QQ'ing they are just quitting. LoL has risen up in fame extremely fast, I fear that they will lose most of their playerbase just as fast now.

You have no idea how many posts I've read in the past month saying along the lines of "Whatever, I'm done, you win Riot, I don't even care anymore, this is pointless."

People are growing up, and they're focusing on life now, I'm afraid LoL will see a drastic drop in players in the next year. Especially with DotA 2 and Guild Wars 2 coming out...
I'm curious how long you've been around for. I'm not trying to attack you here - I'm actually curious.

As someone who's been around for almost 3 years I assure you that this is VERY par for the course. The number of "scandals" you're quoting is actually very very few compared to the number that actually happened and what's happened in the past. God forbid you were around when tribunal did its first round of bans or when penalties for leaving were first introduced.

You can -always- find players saying "that's it I'm done!" Always. Remember there are -millions- of people playing this game and its growing. You will see more for that reason alone and a lot of those threads are nothing but bluster. You can find one from a few months ago and go check in game for there match history. Most will have recent games played.

Finally the whole GW2 and Dota2 thing has happened a LOT of times. Dota2 has supposedly going to "destroy" LoL for over a year and a half now according to some. HoN was going to ruin it. SMITE will be the next one to "ruin it" soon.

While I can understand the concern - even I've been there - as someone who's been around for a VERY long time LoL is by no means "crashing" right now. If not releasing Magma Chamber, the graphics update, not fixing Eve for a year, introducing Tribunal, introducing leaverbuster, introducing dodging penalties or whatever "poison" you want didn't "crush" LoL banning some of the worst attitudes in the game certainly won't hurt them.

They'll be around for a while and with a larger playbase then they have right now. Promise.

Kleryan

08-22-2012

Dear Lyte, I really appreciate the fact that you are answering to all of us, but please don't say that you (riot) only banned people that to harassed and threatened in a toxicy way to report players that said sentences like "0h n1gg4, i'm gonn4 rep0rt you" because I've never done that and i still got banned.

I've probably been banned because of a high amount of reports, but there is always somebody that behave in a bad way, somebody who spams much (->verbal abuse), who don't play with the team (->assisting enemy team), etc. So I feel it as an unfair ban to me. Sometimes i also add description in rare cases, and probably i got reported sometimes only because i tried to argue with some people during the game, and I never got a ban (yet), except for this one.

So I just got banned for an high amout of reports.. ok, didn't know that it could lead to a ban (like most of us, which would have stopped if warned about that), taking into consideration that 95% of the reports I did I really thought that those people deserved a ban, so I get a ban also if my estimations are wrong, right?

I'd really appreciate your opinion about my case and an answer to my speech (and my stats too maybe), I play on EU west, same nick.

WER386

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
I've been reported 16 times in ~600+ games on my anonymous account. I've reported 130 players actually which is a decently high report rate percentage; however, my report weights are still high.
Can you add me with your anonymous account? I want to show you what is break the code and what should be reported.

You really need to know these two factors before-- oh... nvm, you already did... sigh* noobz...

RiskZero

08-22-2012

Lyte, if you have a moment to quickly check my record I've been worried for sometime about playing LoL on my main account because of the players that you thankfully banned today. I personally do not respond well to being threatened. I know I have lashed out quite a few times to players that have threatened me.

It feels like if I say something I get threatened with being reported, if I stop all communications because I see where things are headed with that person I then have to fear the refusing to communicate report feature.

I love this game, I truly do. But sometimes I just don't know where I stand and worry that one day all my precious skins will be taken from me :P

I'm no saint but I just wish I had more of an idea of where I stand.

Edit: I also dont know how to handle people in ranked who will instantly call out whatever lane they want to play even when they're last pick when I'm first pick. If I dont give them the lane because they said it first I get reported and trolled throughout the game. That's why I gave up playing ranked all together. If I become first pick and decide hey I've supported or played whatever to fit the team the past few games I should be able to chose to mid if I want, since I'm first pick. IDK very confused on that one : /

HashyAKAdave

08-22-2012

So saying "LOL YOU'RE BAD" once is OK when I'm just trying to explain something to them?

Sure, they didn't say "much", but what little they did say broke the summoner's code, would you agree?

Reposting so you can see this.

Prove me wrong, please.

I ONLY report players who deserve it, and I got banned TWICE in a row for "false" reporting.

Show me one Report I've sent that wasn't legitimate

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

08-22-2012
49 of 49 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EggrollGuy View Post
@Lyte Thanks for being so dedicated to your job with PB&J (still the best name of any team, IMO)

I was wondering if I'd ever skirted the line. I tend to REALLY boil during games sometimes, but I try not to take it out on my fellow summoners.
You are not even close to the line Kind of gives you an idea how far away from norm these players are.

trevorwhatever

08-22-2012

Lyte will you tell me my report stats how reports ive gotten compare to games palyed and reports filed?