Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KaiSong

08-22-2012

At what time frame do you believe that soloqueing 1300~1500 range to be dangerous? My friend developed a play til we win strat at like 1 in the morning PST and we get many "Man im soo high" or (insert language here) players. Normally tanking elo 80 at a time isnt fun.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiSong View Post
At what time frame do you believe that soloqueing 1300~1500 range to be dangerous? My friend developed a play til we win strat at like 1 in the morning PST and we get many "Man im soo high" or (insert language here) players. Normally tanking elo 80 at a time isnt fun.
Normally you don't want to start ranked after 1 am PST til like 11 PST, that is the time filled with people in other countries, so what I usually do is to play from noon to 4pm or so, to avoid majority of the kids that just get off from school at 4.

Note: If you are duoing, it isn't really that bad...you guys probably faced some chinese elo booster on the enemy team.

MiC Røsøft

08-22-2012

What do you think about Phantom Dancer rush (instead of IE, BT, etc) for Kog'Maw? Apparently some higher Elo and tournament players have found success with such a double dorans + PD build, and I was wondering what your opinion was on the topic.

AskKarthus

08-22-2012

Expanding on the Kog'maw post, you're opinion of Madred's Bloodrazors on Kog?

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiC Røsøft View Post
What do you think about Phantom Dancer rush (instead of IE, BT, etc) for Kog'Maw? Apparently some higher Elo and tournament players have found success with such a double dorans + PD build, and I was wondering what your opinion was on the topic.
PD rush have one main problem (actually only one) is that you will do really little damage when your W is not up, otherwise if it does provide decent attack speed and movement speed to allow kog to get out of sticky situations. (Crit is not a main point for PD rush)

I won't recommend doing this in solo queue though, in premade everything is being communicated, but in solo queue, it is hard to tell your jungler that you are oom while he is ganking. If that ever happen, what the jungler will see is a worthless kog, not his fault for going in at the wrong time.

ExecutionerK

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskKarthus View Post
Expanding on the Kog'maw post, you're opinion of Madred's Bloodrazors on Kog?
I personally think that it is alright to build madred, but rarely worth to build it.

I run with 21/0/9 mastery on kog, taking both armor pen and magic pen for damage, and have 9 points in utility for mana regen.

Ruffio

08-23-2012

What are the most op mid and top lane champs in solo queue? I ask because I need to learn a champion that can carry an entire team. ( no matter how bad they play).

Jesot

08-23-2012

So I've got a stable together, 3 for each role. I'm a few runes away from starting ranked. I'm looking for advice on which champ to choose a in draft in what situations.

Top Jax, Malphite, Kayle
Mid Ryze, Morgana, Akali
Jun Udyr, Alistar, Jax
ADC Corki, Ashe, Vayne
Sup Taric, Alistar, Soraka

I plan on getting Nautilus, Vlad, Nunu, and Lulu.

ECHOPLANT

08-23-2012

In April I hit 1850 Elo. I got to see some of the really great people play who had come down, even played against Reginald once and won. Since April, it's been a steady freefall in Elo. Win one game, lose two, repeat. I'm now down to 1629. I don't believe that my skill has decreased, if anything I've gotten better. Now I can play more champions and understand the matchups even better. However, I am finding it impossible to win games and I'm getting to the point where I'm ready to stop playing completely.

As for playstyle, I've always gone by the simple rules of 1. Don't die, 2. Help your teammates not die, 3. Take towers down and grab objectives. 2 and 3 are becoming increasingly difficult. I've tried duoing with people but it hasn't slowed the freefall.

I have an explanation of why but I wanted to see if you knew any reason why I would be consistently losing from April to August.

ExecutionerK

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffio View Post
What are the most op mid and top lane champs in solo queue? I ask because I need to learn a champion that can carry an entire team. ( no matter how bad they play).
There are no OP champion to be serious, however some champions are really good at carrying a team

Examples: Jax, Rumble (Early mid game domination), Kennen, Ryze