Account suspended for reporting too much? This is a new one...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HashyAKAdave

08-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
We're thinking about what metrics we can show players to help them shape their behaviors more positively. Recently, we've added a lot more information to the Tribunal bans in the form of Reform Cards, but we're brainstorming ways to do it for Tribunal reviewers too.
Lyte. I can't be certain but I think my past and current week ban are from "false reporting", but I don't falsely report...

I'll be honest, I used to be VERY toxic but I changed my ways and now I report people for EXACTLY what I used to get banned for, yet I'm falsely reporting?

I honestly doubt you can prove I deserve this "False reporting" suspension.

Seriously, give me ONE example of a false report I have sent.

Liath

08-22-2012

Do me next, Lyte, do me next! Am I a troll, do I report like a flake?

madjai

08-22-2012

Lyte.

I've been wondering for a fair while now if I've actually ever wound up in the tribunal after a few heated discussions with players in some of my games. Alot of the time the arguments were justified (in the sense of explanation and reasoning rather than just blindly arguing) but I just want to know if I've ever landed in the Tribunal and if it's a sign I should just agree to disagree and move on rather than trying to explain actions.

Can you help?

Xianio

08-22-2012

Quote:
I only respond to people
If you respond to people the way you responded to Lyte or myself I'm not surprised and my statement rings true. You don't have to "first" to be toxic.

trevorwhatever

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2012

Lyte is my record good?

Chaos80

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2012

Quote:
This is incorrect.

Let's be clear here: If you see a toxic player, please report them. Even if you report 10,000 of them, you will be fine. For example, I just looked at an account in this thread that has reported 200 players--his report weights are perfectly fine.

I then looked at a player that was banned in this thread and he's reported 1000+ players and 630 of them were actually decent players that did not deserve bans. In addition, the player that was banned had received hundreds of reports himself and was banned twice by the Tribunal already. I then checked some chat logs of this player and he continuously, relentlessly threatens players with reports throughout matches--this is absolutely unacceptable.

We're targeting toxic players who are abusing the report player function and creating a negative experience for those around him. For the 99% of players who use the feature responsibly, they should continue doing so and making a difference in the community.
So I'm to assume that the "Unskilled" report will be removed as an option then, since that is just bait to "falsely report".

Person has bad game -> reported as "Unskilled" -> audit report, find it was just a bad game -> suspend the reporter for false report

Nice. Time to start looking into other MOBAs. I'm all for clearing out the trolls/ragers (I have my moments just like anyone), but it's becoming so obsessive that people are actually starting to get suspended/banned for following "da rulz".

zakarul

08-22-2012

Quote:
Feel free to talk to me personally and we can figure things out. I can't post my personal contact details here, but reach out to Player Support to reach me.
Good guy lyte :)

In all honesty riot is revolutionazing online gaming with their strong focus on having a healthy community and for this i am thankful

Also lyte is my favorite red, super smart intellectual guy with the degrees to back it up. Ppl tend to forget that while climbing the academia ladder (masters, phd) ur not only learning about ur field of work but also how to think anf problem solve in general.

Keep up the great work!

My Small Puppy

08-22-2012

Quote:
You report a fair amount and could probably tone it down a little and make sure the players are deserving of reports or punishment; but, you were still not close to the players we identified today.

I keep saying this but for 99% of the playerbase that uses reports responsibly, this will never affect them. We purposely identified players that were the greatest abusers of reports and who displayed toxic behaviors themselves in-game. We took numerous measures to ensure it's the worst of the worst players who bully others and create terrible experiences for others.

You continue to say "worst of the worst."

I haven't "threatened" a player with reports in months, especially after i was actually punished by the tribunal. Now i just report people who go AFK during ARAMs, and things like that. I've barely even touched SR since i was unbanned. By saying these people are "the worst of the worst" you yourself are participating in the same types of harassment you condemn players for doing. You're insulting people who you have never talked to, who's story you have no idea (i believe you replied to one)

You are being nothing but a hypocrite, insulting those who you are trying to convince to change for the better. Do you not see the problem in that?

Epichuntarz

08-22-2012

Quote:
You report a fair amount and could probably tone it down a little and make sure the players are deserving of reports or punishment; but, you were still not close to the players we identified today.

I keep saying this but for 99% of the playerbase that uses reports responsibly, this will never affect them. We purposely identified players that were the greatest abusers of reports and who displayed toxic behaviors themselves in-game. We took numerous measures to ensure it's the worst of the worst players who bully others and create terrible experiences for others.
Lyte, ONCE AGAIN I ASK:

-If the TRIBUNAL (your system that Riot has claimed is doing well) hasn't punished me for using the report function as a threat IN-GAME in an abusive way..

AND

-If the TRIBUNAL SYSTEM is designed to diminish the weight of my reporting for false reports,

then

WHY WAS THIS ACTION NEEDED. Is the Tribunal broken? Is it, in fact, NOT filtering out players who deserve it?

As well...

Since you can punish people for "abusing" the report system, shouldn't people ALSO be able to be punished if SOMEONE in that game was punished by the tribunal and they DIDNT report that person?

Using this logic, if I punish too many tribunal cases that end up being pardoned, shouldn't I ALSO be subject to punishment?

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

08-22-2012
20 of 49 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Soraka View Post
Lyte, I would appreciate it if you can shed some light on this.

Let's just say that I report a bad player, that really doesn't deserve a report for any other reason, for "Unskilled Player" simply because he is playing bad. Does that count as false reporting?
Nope. In fact, we didn't count Unskilled Player reports at all in this analysis.