Crashing at loading after champion select

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AbyssalMutation

09-10-2010

Bump)) (i want to see just how many people are frettin over this)

hohums

Software Engineer

09-10-2010
12 of 12 Riot Posts

We are providing a standalone patch to fix this issue as we don't want to risk hot fixing over the weekend.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=233672

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohums View Post
We are providing a standalone patch to fix this issue as we don't want to risk hot fixing over the weekend.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=233672
Great idea hohums. Out of interest, I assume this issue only resolves the crashing, nothing to do with ingame lag or anything?

clixtorus

09-11-2010

bump. does this still fix it ?

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by clixtorus View Post
bump. does this still fix it ?
Yes, the standalone will fix this issue until the normal client is patched.

Pieszczoszek

10-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eambo View Post
Yes, the standalone will fix this issue
My ass... ,|,,

Pauliieee

10-10-2010

Well...from what I have seen from the latest patch, the crashes after the loading screen appear to have stopped. I was able to play 7 games in a row without a single crash, the only thing I noticed that had changed was that while the loading screen is on, it will sometimes minimize but it's as simple as bringing it back up from the task bar. Hopefully this patch fixes this problem permanently, but so far it's a good sign ^^ thanks.

Jazriel

Recruiter

10-15-2010

So, about the random crash that happens in-game. There is no reason for it that I have found, there is nothing I can do to prevent it. It happens infrequently, but when it does it usually happens 3-7 times in a row in quick succession.

It will display the Bug Splat dialog box maybe 50% of the time.

When is this getting fixed? I have lost many games due to crashing 5+ times in the first 10 minutes and setting my team irreparably back with a score of 0-X where 99% of the time X is the # of disconnects. I have lost ranked games because of this, etc.

I'm at the point where I'm expecting some kind of RP or IP compensation for this ridiculous embarrassment on Riot's part. They can give some random player 450,000 RP & IP but they cannot even ensure their game works correctly.

AngelicOne

10-18-2010

Blank netlog file.

IS1f1d52ece4eba8be33817

10-20-2010

Tasty fresh logs.