I'm RiotGypsy. AMAA

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gypsylord

Champion Designer

08-20-2012
1 of 65 Riot Posts

Hi,
I'm gypsylord, one of Riot's newest designers. I make champions.

So this is an "Ask Me ALMOST Anything" thread. I'm all about getting to know the community and I figured this would be a good way to do it. So yeah, let's chat.

If I skip your question it's either because A) I'm not the right person to answer it or B) I've already answered it in a previous post

-------------------------------------

Some things about me:

-I'm a champ designer. I work on champions. I don't work on things like servers, skins, or IP prices. As such I probably won't be able to give any real answers on such topics, it would just result in the propagation of false information.

-I designed Vi. Working on champ #2 right now.

-I love LoL and played Ranked + normals non-stop in college. Wrote my final term paper on the F2P pricing scheme and filmed a 10 minute documentary on the new player experience during Senior Winter.

-Was 1920 Elo Pre-Season 3. Wish I had more time to focus on improving my game. Too busy working on my next champ. She's gonna be awesome

-I main supports (Raka, Janna, Lulu, Sona, Taric, Zyra). Also play a TON of Tristana (bot) and Teemo (top). Noct, Shaco, and WW are my go-to junglers. If you force me to play mid (I suck at it) I'll try to grab Kass (provided the matchup wouldn't screw me).

-Used to be "almost" pro at TF2. Have 1400 hours in the game and mained scout/med for a team back when CAL was a thing.

-LOVE Fire Emblem. Awakening had great gameplay but a terrible story...

-I'm originally from Alaska. I like climbing rocks, running up mountains, and fighting bears.

-I went to college at Dartmouth and graduated with a BA in Economics last June. Also studied Theater, Film, Chemistry, and Biology (was a pre-med freshman year).

-Started @ Riot right after graduation. Am currently one of the youngest people in the company.

Zerglinator

08-20-2012

Aww, sweet!

Okay, questions...

How is that Support Zyra?

Who's your favorite Fire Emblem character?

How effective are you at fighting ARMORED bears?

Oddnerd

08-20-2012

Will you fix Heimerdinger?

ZOOKlE

08-20-2012

do you expect to be popular among the community with an avatar like that?

Hal Jordan

08-20-2012

What is your stand on the false reputation that singed is a homicidal maniac, when all he wants is to be loved?

Takeji

08-20-2012

FIRE EMBLEM! Who was your favorite character?

OverIord Teemo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2012

How did you feel when i stomped you with irelia in that aram match

Pomf Pomf Pomf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2012

"thinks"

great first impression.

(I'm jk)

G˛dlike

08-20-2012

First page

such fire

08-20-2012

well u seem cool, cant wait for your champion! fellow fire emblem lover right here, can you give us a hint at what role your champion will be?