which would you like?

I like the old HUD better, I want it back 322 63.64%
I like the new HUD better, I want to keep it like this 184 36.36%
Voters: 506. You may not vote on this poll

would you like the old HUD back?

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dranslin

11-13-2009

Personally my only two issues with the current HUD is the fact that the camera button is hard to reach for some reason... and that the field of view is partially blocked on the south so that players attacking from the south have a large advantage over the ones playing in the north...

I can't count the number of times I've been hit by a skill like annie's incinerate when I can't even see them on my screen. If the field of view was reduced/squished to the line just over the skills it wouldn't be an issue in my opinion

Suggestion by Eonis: Add an option to where you can switch between UI's

Razzle Dazzle

Adjudicator

11-13-2009

New HuD is way better T.T change it and I will not stop raging

Hand of Might

11-13-2009

I like the idea of this thread. A poll is a more mature way to go in terms of representing the community. I see a lot of 'OMG RIOT CHANGE THIS OR I RAGEQUIT' and that just feeds the trolls. Polls are a good way to get a simple opinion.

There are things I like about the old and new HUD. I lean towards the old HUD now because I loved the look and feel and would prefer that over minimalism and optimization. Riot, I hope you feel appreciated, since pleasing everyone is impossible!!! You are doing a great job.

PatouPower

11-14-2009

I am disappointed by the poll results, as if everyone prefered "beauty" and "clarty" to performance. The old HUD was too big, really, and uselessly big. Seriously, spell icons where huge, and you often just look at them to watch the cooldown, not to click them and admire their beauty... Like in all strategic games, the less place the HUD takes on the screen, the better it is. In the new HUD, you have everything you need in such a small space, wich is the only thing you need...

Anyway, we could still add and create our own HUD and place them in a special folder. By example, I would do a transparent HUD for more effectiveness like I did with all strategic games I played to maximize the view I have on the terrain...

Finally, small HUD are the reason why pro players choose high resolution over small one in games like this, even if they have to lower the models details or texures for it...

r a ii n

11-16-2009

I think an option to switch between old and new HUD's would be great.

I personaly think that the new HUD will be cool, but for new players old one was much better.

Arisen

11-21-2009

IMO the new UI is 50000000000% better than the old one, which can frankly burn.

Anyone who thinks there will ever be an option to switch between the new and old HUD's must live in a dreamworld.

rotegirte

11-22-2009

Though being new to LoL, I can instantly support the "new" GUI - regardless of how the "old" UI looked. Seriously guys, by all means, this AIN'T WoW.

You pretend to be managing dozens of skills and timers - which you are not. It's freaking five at max. Grow up.

I rather keep this current UI than sacrificing actual battle screen space.

Arianna

11-22-2009

It's not WoW, which is why I want the old UI that doesn't look like WoW back.

Brodski

11-22-2009

I prefer old one too!

Brodski

11-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by r a ii n View Post
I think an option to switch between old and new HUD's would be great.

I personaly think that the new HUD will be cool, but for new players old one was much better.
yeah they could make options to chose huds displays......old ones, and new ones...

1234567 ... 10