Kayle support

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zagna

Senior Member

08-19-2012

From the way i see it, she is a good enough support in my book.

However, i once spectated a 2vs2 player battle where this person built Kayle with attack power rather than support...

Believe it or not, it actually worked well for her. Most people would undoubtily question such a build on a support, but seeing how it worked out well to help win, i cannot deny it as a personal witness. Not only that, but the E move still counts as a physical move, which makes the attack power build all the more interesting- even adding some life steal for good measure as well as attack speed.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cenerae

Senior Member

08-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagna View Post
From the way i see it, she is a good enough support in my book.

However, i once spectated a 2vs2 player battle where this person built Kayle with attack power rather than support...

Believe it or not, it actually worked well for her. Most people would undoubtily question such a build on a support, but seeing how it worked out well to help win, i cannot deny it as a personal witness. Not only that, but the E move still counts as a physical move, which makes the attack power build all the more interesting- even adding some life steal for good measure as well as attack speed.
As a support, her raw utility pales compared to the common picks.

She's a damage dealer with some supporty utility. She SHOULD be played that way, unless you're particularly obstinate like the OP.

In which case, you need to farm in the midgame so you can transition into something resembling a damage dealer, if you want a support Kayle to be useful late game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XCodes

Senior Member

08-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavnuts View Post
How about you read my first post again, and shake off the downs or autism that you may have. I asked if anyone had any builds for support kayle. Thats it. I didnt want, or ask for any criticism whatsoever. Reading fail -1
You asked for something that can "transition to late game" and has been "proven to work."

There is no Support Kayle build in existence that matches either of these criteria, because Support Kayle is not very good, and no support build transitions to late game because you don't get lategame items playing support.

So please can the abusive language. We are not only reading your OP, but we posted the only correct answer to it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gavnuts

Senior Member

08-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCodes View Post
You asked for something that can "transition to late game" and has been "proven to work."

There is no Support Kayle build in existence that matches either of these criteria, because Support Kayle is not very good, and no support build transitions to late game because you don't get lategame items playing support.

So please can the abusive language. We are not only reading your OP, but we posted the only correct answer to it.
Theres is no support kayle build in existance that matches either of these criteria says u, but i and i guess one more in this thread think otherwise. Welcome to "not everyone builds every champion the same way!" isnt it great? what a novel idea. not everyone building there champions the same way in league. sheesh. whats this world coming to? /sarcasm and to correct your foolish way of thinking, very late game, some supports do build dps items. guessing u didnt know this?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XCodes

Senior Member

08-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavnuts View Post
Theres is no support kayle build in existance that matches either of these criteria says u, but i and i guess one more in this thread think otherwise. Welcome to "not everyone builds every champion the same way!" isnt it great? what a novel idea. not everyone building there champions the same way in league. sheesh. whats this world coming to? /sarcasm and to correct your foolish way of thinking, very late game, some supports do build dps items. guessing u didnt know this?
Very late game? Like what, 50 minutes?

Actually, once as Taric I got to start farming at about 40 minutes because I fed our Draven so many kills and he had full build ridiculously fast. Game ended at about 45 minutes, though, so a lot of good those items did me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jesot

Senior Member

08-19-2012

Not every champ will play the way you want them to. After playing tons of support Taric, I tried solo top hybrid...just didn't work as well as I hoped. Every champ has limitations.

With Kayle, you can build a lucky pick for your GP10 and turn it into a big damage dealer later, and you can make a philostone that will convert to another really useful late-game item, but the farm isn't likely to happen to get the really big items you'd need.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jorgisven

Junior Member

09-25-2012

I've had some success with support Kayle, but your initial laning partner is crucial. Getting stuck with a tank or someone that can't put out enough damage quickly to get kills will sink the team, and likely require a lane swap. As support Kayle, your damage output is very minimal, but Holy Fervor (passive) is very important, and paired with righteous fury, really helps get the kills going for your lane partner.

I'll usually initiate with Reckoning to slow and increase damage output, then hit with righteous fury a few times to soften their armor, then lane partner steps in to finish, and a heal is usually helpful. The concern is not so much the damage you do directly, but the effects you leave on the opponent leave them open to getting summarily smashed by your partner.

As such, your positioning typically has to almost be assassin style, with the opponent being the monkey in the middle, and you blocking their exit, lane partner close by (usually AD mele). Guiding them toward your lane partner is half the battle.

I built a support Kayle entirely around support buffs and clutch ults and healing as frequently as possible without leaving yourself mana dry (see mana manipulator for initial item).

Initial: Boots, potion, ward. I'll ward the grass in the first few levels usually.

Mana Manipulator or Emblem of Valor depending on lane partner needs.
Sometimes I'll take them straight to Soul Shroud or Locket of Iron Solari, sometimes I'll balance out and get the other initial aura buff item. Mercury's Treads go in there somewhere, too. This usually takes until level 8-10.

Sometimes I'll get stuck mid-game and need to solo farm or pickup a situational item, but usually I'll pick up the Heart of Gold to assist with gold (sometimes getting this earlier). Late game, I'll round out with Shurelya (additional clutch save ability), Zeke's Herald, Aegis of the Legion. By level 11 or 12, I usually need to hug the carry to really rake in the supports.

Late game is almost all just being where the team fights are, healing, ults, and focusing on the effects of your attacks, rather than overall damage output.

The support you give is less on direct healing (because it's not much), but more amplifying survivability and damage output for your teammates.

Runes and abilities need to focus on ap, attack speed, a bit of survivability and mana (in that order). I'm still messing around with specifics on this, however.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

acosn

Senior Member

09-25-2012

In the current meta Kayle's only a good support if you intend to make a kill lane. A good Kayle + Leona combo can hurt.


But Kayle is in no way a traditional support. Her heal's weak and her only other spell she even casts on allies is her ult. Trying to play her like Sona or Janna is like trying to hit a nail with a wrench.


12