Need help with playing SR

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xCry0x

08-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphariusRising View Post

You mention sending an AD mid and an AP bot, but then your AP can't be given blue buffs unless you're on purple, and ADs don't actually counters APs, with a few exceptions like Morgana having a useless black shield.

Because every AP needs blue buff..

Morde, Kat, Vlad, Kennen don't even use mana. TF can regen all day with blue card, annie's Q is mana free, Veigar has mana regen passive so if played well doesn't need blue either.

Also you can go AP mage + Soraka bot.. dont need blue then either.

Ranged AD don't typically counter AP but they can farm all day from range vs a lot of ap mids.

Back to the OP:

If you played some dom that is good, you have experience playing against real people.

The biggest thing you need to learn for playing SR is how to last hit well.

You need to get 100 cs by 20 min. Most people even consider that ****ty but in all honesty getting 100cs by 20 min will put you ahead of 50% of the LoL players. Idealy you hit 120-130cs by 20 min and keep getting better from there. The pro players can hit 200 cs in the first 20 mins but that is honestly an unrealistic goal unless you play LoL all day.

Once you are able to get the CS in start working in harass but be sure to maintain your CS. Harassing the enemy while giving up CS can put you in a position where 20 mins in you have 0 kills but are behind a full kills worth of CS (ie you are both 0-0 in lane but they have 100 cs to your 70.)

Those are really the two biggest things. Knowing how to last hit and not die in lane will get you far.

deadlyzaraki1987

08-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCry0x View Post

Morde, Kat, Vlad, Kennen don't even use mana. TF can regen all day with blue card, annie's Q is mana free, Veigar has mana regen passive so if played well doesn't need blue either.

Ranged AD don't typically counter AP but they can farm all day from range vs a lot of ap mids.

Back to the OP:

If you played some dom that is good, you have experience playing against real people.

The biggest thing you need to learn for playing SR is how to last hit well.

You need to get 100 cs by 20 min. Most people even consider that ****ty but in all honesty getting 100cs by 20 min will put you ahead of 50% of the LoL players. Idealy you hit 120-130cs by 20 min and keep getting better from there. The pro players can hit 200 cs in the first 20 mins but that is honestly an unrealistic goal unless you play LoL all day.

Once you are able to get the CS in start working in harass but be sure to maintain your CS. Harassing the enemy while giving up CS can put you in a position where 20 mins in you have 0 kills but are behind a full kills worth of CS (ie you are both 0-0 in lane but they have 100 cs to your 70.)

Those are really the two biggest things. Knowing how to last hit and not die in lane will get you far.
thanks I think ill do a.few.customs with my non 0cs support to.get the hang of last hitting also appreciate all the positive help hopefully one day we can face on in ranked!

deadlyzaraki1987

08-19-2012

So I stopped being scared and tried my hand at a SR normal and I went 4-8 was blitz 0cs and I was bottom with AP Yi I think I did pretty good ill upload the video to LOL recorder in the morning if II could give it a watch and leave a comment here that'd be nice.

deadlyzaraki1987

08-20-2012

LOL recorder was down but ill post it up tonight after. if anybody could give the match a watch and give pointers afterwards that'd be great

Bukumber Express

08-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphariusRising View Post
Then teamfights start and you have 2 underfarmed, underleveled champions, a mid that never got blue buff and lost, and a bot lane that got ganked and lost, and they have one underfarmed champion, 3 champions that won their lanes, A jungler that got to take one blue and two reds and thus is super farmed for a jungler, and probably got a few kills or assists from ganks.
I don't feel like I need to reiterate saying that it just enforces that behavior, you did that for me.

Not to mention, every one of your scenarios is completely possible, as are the exact opposite. Pointing out the other side of the argument doesn't make the other side wrong or your side right.

AlphariusRising

08-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCry0x View Post

It benefits the vast majority of AP champs.
So unless every teamcomp you run is going to include one of those four champions AND Soraka, you are putting yourself at a disadvantage, and will lose to a team of roughly equal skill to your own.

Also, APs generally scale with levels better than ADCs, because they rely on their abilities to do damage, so while your ADC is getting a tiny attack damage buff, the enemy AP carry is getting 50 extra damage on an ability every level up.

So when you eventually get into teamfights their AP is going to have levels up on your AP, and have easier access to blues (which give CDR too, which is the more important part of the buff) for what advantage? Why just randomly swap them? What have you gained?

SunDipFunny

08-20-2012

Play alot of Normals. Hopefully you know the meta. Don't just auto attack minions. Last hit them. Have one solid champ in every role. And maybe 1-2 backups. Finish rune pages. Buy wards. Prioritize objectives over kills. Play safe.

deadlyzaraki1987

08-20-2012

Did anybody check out my video on lol replay?