Need help with playing SR

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

deadlyzaraki1987

08-18-2012

Hi all im a fairly meh player ive mostly shyed from pvp for fear of trolls and griefers but now i want to give it a shot and would like pointers thatd help for SR thanks

slimjimo10

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-18-2012

A huge tip: Focus last hitting minions rather than going out of your way to try to kill someone when you probably won't succeed.

AlphariusRising

08-18-2012

Last hit minions, don't autotattack them. Pushing the wave is a bad thing, you want it as close to your tower as you can get without them hitting your tower. This is called freezing the lane.

You also should follow the meta. A solo lane top and mid, A jungler, and an AD carry and Support bot. You should be proficient with several of those roles, Jungler and Support being the least fought over, Top and Mid being the most fought over in my experience.

Taking dragons is a big deal. So is buying wards.
In PvP you will get ganked, and you have to be super cautious.

No matter who you are, every time you pill, buy a ward or two. Every time. Every role. No exceptions. As mid keep your wraiths and your river warded. As support keep dragon and tribush (on blue) warded. Top keep your river warded. The most extended you are the deeper the ward should be, if you're at their tower on blue side, their tri should be warded too.

If you're forced to B and the choice is between wards and finish an item, choose wards.

Basically, in this game, Ganks win Games. Be the one ganking or having your jungler gank. Don't be the one getting ganked and dying.

deadlyzaraki1987

08-18-2012

K thanks got the tips im going top yet my hand in a few normals before i do a eanked sunce i recently posted a thread abt permabanned champs and have a goood base to start at

slimjimo10

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-18-2012

Take your time in normals, don't rush into ranked.

deadlyzaraki1987

08-18-2012

I'm not rushing believe me LOL I.just want to get off to a good start with good habits and an idea of what champs.to not get good.with if they permabanned

Bukumber Express

08-19-2012

Someone said to follow the meta, that's bad advice. If you want to follow the meta, then the only thing you're succeeding in is reinforcing the behavior that that is the only way to play on SR. Pick the champ you're best at and go where you're needed. You don't NEED a support, because if you have two hard-hitting carries on bottom, you're going to dominate the lane. Same thing with the jungler, you don't NEED one. If the other team has a jungler, then you can go 2v1 in the top lane. Set a ward to avoid getting ganked, and starve that solo top player from exp/gold.

Ap carries don't need to play the middle either. A good ranged ad carry is good early game as far as shutting out an ap champion. You can get bursted down later, but that's true of any champion on the enemy team... Not to mention, I've played both top and bottom with Ahri and have had great games there.

If you're going to get into normals, then the only thing you need to be really good at is communicating with whoever you end up on a team with. Screw the meta, play what you're comfortable with, just coordinate what you have with the rest of your team and you'll win, because what's the point of playing a support if you're no good? You'd have been better off choosing a second ap carry to play in the bottom lane.

xCry0x

08-19-2012

Since you are asking about playing SR pvp I am going to assume you hit lvl 30 through bot games... so in all honesty you probably do not have the faintest idea of how to actually play the game correctly. Unless you are an anaomoly prepared to be trolled hard for sucking.

If this happens I would STRONGLY consider re-rolling a lvl 1 account and playing until lvl 10 ish in pvp. This way if you suck balls you can just be like hey, I am lvl 1 who cares. If you have thick skin then by all means stay with your lvl 30 but expect to be yelled at a lot.

As others said, do not play ranked.. ranked is not intended for people who just hit 30 it is intended for people who have been 30 for a long time and want to start really testing their skills. The people who hit 30 on bots and jump into ranked should be slapped for screwing up other people's placement games.

deadlyzaraki1987

08-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCry0x View Post
Since you are asking about playing SR pvp I am going to assume you hit lvl 30 through bot games... so in all honesty you probably do not have the faintest idea of how to actually play the game correctly. Unless you are an anaomoly prepared to be trolled hard for sucking.

If this happens I would STRONGLY consider re-rolling a lvl 1 account and playing until lvl 10 ish in pvp. This way if you suck balls you can just be like hey, I am lvl 1 who cares. If you have thick skin then by all means stay with your lvl 30 but expect to be yelled at a lot.

As others said, do not play ranked.. ranked is not intended for people who just hit 30 it is intended for people who have been 30 for a long time and want to start really testing their skills. The people who hit 30 on bots and jump into ranked should be slapped for screwing up other people's placement games.
i did get to 30 mostly bot stomping ive played a few pvp here and there but mostly dom

AlphariusRising

08-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thornley View Post
Someone said to follow the meta, that's bad advice. If you want to follow the meta, then the only thing you're succeeding in is reinforcing the behavior that that is the only way to play on SR. Pick the champ you're best at and go where you're needed. You don't NEED a support, because if you have two hard-hitting carries on bottom, you're going to dominate the lane. Same thing with the jungler, you don't NEED one. If the other team has a jungler, then you can go 2v1 in the top lane. Set a ward to avoid getting ganked, and starve that solo top player from exp/gold.
1. Running a kill lane bot with 2 damage dealers is in the meta. The reason it's not more common is if the other pair is patient they'll just passive farm and totally shut down your mid-late game since damage dealers need gold to stay relevent, if you're not getting kills you're competing for farm.

2. You do need a jungler. While you're running a 2v1 lane on top and denying someone farm, you're both going to be fighting for farm, and getting behind in exp. Meanwhile, unless he's dumb, he'll get some farm from tower, gets GP5s to compensate, be ahead of you in levels, and his jungler is going to be winning both of the other lanes.

Then teamfights start and you have 2 underfarmed, underleveled champions, a mid that never got blue buff and lost, and a bot lane that got ganked and lost, and they have one underfarmed champion, 3 champions that won their lanes, A jungler that got to take one blue and two reds and thus is super farmed for a jungler, and probably got a few kills or assists from ganks.

You mention sending an AD mid and an AP bot, but then your AP can't be given blue buffs unless you're on purple, and ADs don't actually counters APs, with a few exceptions like Morgana having a useless black shield.