Riven Solo top

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Edmiester

08-19-2012

I have recently given Ranked games a go. Wow what a different beast its is compared to random solo. Anyway I want to learn solo top with my fav champ Riven. Unfortunately a few games with her later I have found out I suck at solo top. It is a lane that I am really interested in. So what strategies can you guys share for solo top Riven? Also feel free to give me general solo top advice.

Thanks in advance!

Glitter Gem

08-19-2012

What advice are you talking about? Solo top in general or build advice for Riven?

Jayfeather

08-19-2012

I believe as Riven you're supposed to be more aggressive than the enemy in lane or she falls off more late game.

xCry0x

08-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmiester View Post
I have recently given Ranked games a go. Wow what a different beast its is compared to random solo. Anyway I want to learn solo top with my fav champ Riven. Unfortunately a few games with her later I have found out I suck at solo top. It is a lane that I am really interested in. So what strategies can you guys share for solo top Riven? Also feel free to give me general solo top advice.

Thanks in advance!

Get 50-100 games played with a couple of champions you like for a specific lane in normal blind pick. That should give you a good sample of your top lane match ups and how to play against dif champions.

If you are going to really focus on a lane you should know how to counter-pick the lane and have a strong assortment of champions to do so with.

Going into ranked and saying "I am going to play riven no matter what" is a sure fire way to lose a lot of games.

ADC SENPAl

08-19-2012

I also am converting to solo top from AP mid (currently in 1700's) and I found the quickest way to learn is just watch a pro streamer who mains top lane for a little while, take mental note of the kinds of things he is doing. (Crumbz, Dyrus, and Wingsofdeath) are my favorites to watch for Top lane but there are many other good ones out there. Obviously if you do this don't spend the entire day watching them because then you don't play but just check in every once in a while on their streams when they are online and see what champion they are playing, if they are playing someone you like or want to learn, watch them. Then afterward try some of the things you saw them do in their game.

Edmiester

08-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCry0x View Post
Get 50-100 games played with a couple of champions you like for a specific lane in normal blind pick. That should give you a good sample of your top lane match ups and how to play against dif champions.

If you are going to really focus on a lane you should know how to counter-pick the lane and have a strong assortment of champions to do so with.

Going into ranked and saying "I am going to play riven no matter what" is a sure fire way to lose a lot of games.
Yeah thats sounds pretty sound. I do have a few other guys in mind for solo top (Urgot, Naut, maybe Olaf) I really need to study counter picks for champions. I was up against a Singed with Riven and got owned! Thanks for advice I have watched streams and read guides, but its nice to hear from people directly!

NME Potato Zero

08-20-2012

Winning top lane is a battle of which jungler can camp the lane first