dominion cursor bug

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Fizznity

08-18-2012

I remember from when I played Dom on my old machine that had this problem that I eventually learned to not suck so bad with it; the trick is to spam click a ton so you can track your cursor by the movement affirmation animation you see on the ground. Its a bit clunky, but can even work to shop and such.

(and want to keep this at top for reds)

Adult Male

08-18-2012

@ricklessabandon i looked into this a while ago and the cause is an ATI radeon graphics card. maybe you already knew that and you are looking for WHY it happens on ati radeon graphics cards but if you didn't this should be very useful information.

i know because i played dominion on my laptop and every game about 5-10 minutes in my cursor disappears; but i could plug in my dual monitor which runs on an intel graphics card and mid-game as soon as i switched to the dual monitor my cursor would reappear. the bug has never occured since i stopped playing dominion on my laptop.

usually the bug is produced by a change of cursor very quickly; e.g. running my cursor over the green "channel" symbol and then over a champion and then over terrain or something again would cause the cursor to disappear or become a funky amalgam of lines

Phourc

08-19-2012

God, 22 pages and no fix ):

sosonch

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-19-2012

fix please =(

A Nydus Worm

08-19-2012

started playing a lot of dominion and this is happening every few games. Sometimes it will come and go in game but mostly its there until the end (and sometimes after the game).

Running two HD 6750's in crossfire.

A Nydus Worm

08-19-2012

bump

Shangra

08-20-2012

Still no response.....terribad

MegaBlitoX

08-21-2012

This does not happen once the camera focused on the champion permanently, however if you moves the camera with the mouse cursor, you get this problem. (usually happens to me when I move the cursor at the bottom near or around the minimap also near or around in the right bottom turret)

My solution is this, but the champion don't must have full map range skills (Shen, Gankplank, Ashe, Ezreal, Phanteon) because you run the risk of loss of pointer to disable the focus to move the camera to another map pocision .

(translated by google, sorry)

Vidal

08-22-2012

bump plz fix soon

Elysius

08-22-2012

I know why this problems happens.. and this can occur in SR also.. depends only in what resolution you are playing.. my gf can't play Dominion in her highest resolution 1360xsomething because the cursor dissapears all the time.. bu if she plays in a lower resolution this problem never happens

People with this problem try to lower the resolution a little and see if this happens again.. at least my gf never had this cursor bug in a lower resolution than 1360xsomething