Hi there. I'm Kades.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

So Doge Very Wow

08-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kades View Post
Thanks, boss!
Tucked Away is your boss?

Confirmed by Riot.

Mista Jangles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-17-2012

Quote:
Yes.

I'd say most of the best beers in the world are currently micro-brews.
I can probably agree to that. One of the best beers I've had has been from a local brewery in Tulsa that my uncle introduced me to. Had such a rich taste to it.

SifuHok

08-17-2012

How did you get your job here at Riot? I'd love to know because it's always been a dream of mine to work at Riot also

kaaldra

08-17-2012

What parts of gameplay will you analyze? all of it? Champion specific game play?

Kades

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Associate QA Analyst - Gameplay

08-17-2012
1 of 145 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazadiel View Post
What is your opinion on people being upset at the quality of recent Champion Lore, and as to why Most new champions don't seem to have a reason for joining the league at all?

Well, if people are bummed about the recent champion lore- my opinion is that I'm bummed, too. I think it's safe to say, as a general rule, we'd like to keep you guys happy....

But with that said, I'm not really one of the Lore dudes. So I don't want to tell you why I think it's happening or whatnot- when the truth is, I'm not really up-to-speed enough on the subject to respond with any authority.

As a fan, though, when I think about recent champs like Darius and Draven- I think they absolutely tie in with the League. I like the way they're brothers and both have two dramatically different personalities- both of which were very well executed by the art team. Rather than being a cliche, to me, they feel more like they're 'world building'. I could chat with Draven and have an idea of what he'd say next. That's cool. An older hero like, I don't know, Sion- it's harder for me to imagine his personality. What he'd say in various situations.

So while I'm not an authority- I'd argue that as a fan, our Lore has increased in depth recently rather than the other way around. Just my thoughts.

So Doge Very Wow

08-17-2012

On a side note, Kades fixed the forum! HOORAY!

Str3SSed

08-17-2012

You're a game play analysts who is terrible at the game?

This seriously doesn't make sense to anyone else?

Lord Kaiser Kydd

08-17-2012

Quote:
Well, if people are bummed about the recent champion lore- my opinion is that I'm bummed, too. I think it's safe to say, as a general rule, we'd like to keep you guys happy....

But with that said, I'm not really one of the Lore dudes. So I don't want to tell you why I think it's happening or whatnot- when the truth is, I'm not really up-to-speed enough on the subject to respond with any authority.

As a fan, though, when I think about recent champs like Darius and Draven- I think they absolutely tie in with the League. I like the way they're brothers and both have two dramatically different personalities- both of which were very well executed by the art team. Rather than being a cliche, to me, they feel more like they're 'world building'. I could chat with Draven and have an idea of what he'd say next. That's cool. An older hero like, I don't know, Sion- it's harder for me to imagine his personality. What he'd say in various situations.

So while I'm not an authority- I'd argue that as a fan, our Lore has increased in depth recently rather than the other way around. Just my thoughts.
Oh no. The red tracker is working.
Anyways, nice to meet you Kades.

Fierce Rival

08-17-2012

Hey there Kades! I was just wondering what age/requirements there are to get a job at Riot, and what you think would help as that would be one of my biggest dream jobs. Also, how often will we see you on the forums? It seems you're a pretty cool and respected guy, keep it up!

Kades

Associate QA Analyst - Gameplay

08-17-2012
2 of 145 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMan7 View Post
If Kades is the same guy as the one who plays soraka, he's one of the nicest and positive people I've met in solo queue.

Grats on getting a job with Riot bro.

Thanks, VMan. I've always felt fortunate when I got to play with you. Extremely even keeled player- even during the unfortunate game when I went, like 0-9 with you. That was like 18 months ago, but I still feel pretty bad about it. Which is rare for me, cause it's definitely not the only time I've lost a lane.