Voidling Malz bot

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hawkwìng

08-16-2012

Manamune
Merc treads
Frozen heart
Maw of malmortis
Frozen mallet
Odens veil or randuins depending on your lane opponent.

This is my favorite build for AD malz. Suprised nobody else mentioned frozen mallet yet, its got that HP, and gives you better kiting and chasing.

NavyGothic

08-17-2012

Two downsides;

- You have no ArPen
- You won't finish that build in a typical Dom game

Not that Maw or Mallet are bad items for Malz, but I'd build the core Manamune, boots, FH, Veil, Last Whisper / Brutaliser first. If the game goes long enough, then by all means go for a Maw or Mallet for the last item.

I suppose Maw over Veil could be interesting. Tradeoff of damage vs survivability, would depend on the lane opponent.

Volandum

08-17-2012

It's really easy to finish a 6 item build as AD malz, he is so good at farming he can easily get a 3-4K gold lead over everyone else and a 1-2K lead over his lane opponent. But the ArPen is vital.

I would definitely get FON over Veil, Malz lacks sustain and can only escape things by running away, and the mana on the veil doesn't mean much (7AD from MMune)

BuildPolice

08-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volandum View Post
It's really easy to finish a 6 item build as AD malz, he is so good at farming he can easily get a 3-4K gold lead over everyone else and a 1-2K lead over his lane opponent. But the ArPen is vital.

I would definitely get FON over Veil, Malz lacks sustain and can only escape things by running away, and the mana on the veil doesn't mean much (7AD from MMune)
Building for manamune is just so bad you don't get jack from the passive. You'll have maybe 60 ad at the end of the game. It's pretty ****ing funny people recommend manamune then go on to talk about 'not finishing the build in time' good luck charging that passive in time because if you don't your manamune isn't getting full bang for your buck. Buying an AD item gives me full benefit on purchase.

Does armor pen even effect voidlings?

Volandum

08-17-2012

Armour Pen does affect voidlings, yes.

I'll have around 65-80 bonus AD from the MMune at the end of the game.

I don't know how you maintain mana on AD Malz. I go oom with tear - indeed I go oom with tear + philo stone + dom aura.

BuildPolice

08-17-2012

Your E refunds mana on each kill, you put it up and use your voidling and auto attack to clear waves and not spam your spells frivolously, just use them to prep a pet for fighting?

DiscworldDeath

08-17-2012

I've seen Malzahars on Dominion do well going full tank, and only getting like Hextech Revolver end-game. Manamune just takes the full tank build and essentially gives it free power.

Volandum

08-17-2012

Spam spells frivolously? Each spell is a stack on Summon Voidling, I don't understand what you mean.

BuildPolice

08-17-2012

Don't need to be constantly summoning voidlings to win...

DiscworldDeath

08-17-2012

Then just play AP Malzahar or a real AD carry.