TT - Nexus Tower Switch

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Destîny

08-16-2012

I posted this on the TT forums but it doesn't seem to get much notice. Therefore I'm creating this post here. Here's the original thread:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2484057

One of the only reasons I don't like playing 3v3s is because of how long a team can stall because of the side of the nexus that the tower is on. It is a very short distance from the spawning pool to the tower, making it very easy to defend if high health. Not only that, but sometimes minions will walk into the pool, getting killed by the laser.

I suggest that the Nexus tower get flipped to the other side of the nexus so that it makes it a bit harder to turtle on TT.

Here is a post in my other thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyBradley View Post
Don't push the inhibitor until you get an ace or kill 2/3rds of their team. In TT it's easy to turtle in the base, and made easier once they only have to defend that one turret - try to leave the inhibitor alive until you know you can destroy it and the nexus turret.

If that fails you could always try a character with good CC to stun and quickly kill them 1 by 1 off the summoner platform.

Yes I agree that there are ways to work around this problem. But do you think this scenario is good design?:
My team catches one of our enemies and kills him. It is now a 2v3 for the next 30s. We already have an exposed enemy inhibitor. Following the logic above, we shouldn't kill the inhib (even though we easily can as it is a 2v3) because it is so easy to turtle on TT. So we back off, basically letting our opponents get a free pass.

Do you think that's good design? I don't

If you support this change please +1 and bump. Thanks for your time.

PS: I do not take credit for this idea. I remember a long time ago a post similar to this. I forget the person's name though, or else I would giver credit where it's due.

Destîny

08-16-2012

Bump, off first page quick.

Destîny

08-16-2012

Bump

epiikk

08-16-2012

riot doesn't care about TT. sad but true.

Destîny

08-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by epiikk View Post
riot doesn't care about TT. sad but true.
Well a good company cares about what their customers care about, right? So let's show them we care!

Kamai

08-16-2012

If you flip it to the other side of the nexus, wouldn't longer range characters be able to shoot at it over the wall, though? That sounds like it'd be a flaw in itself.

Destîny

08-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamai View Post
If you flip it to the other side of the nexus, wouldn't longer range characters be able to shoot at it over the wall, though? That sounds like it'd be a flaw in itself.
If this does end up being possible then they could move the nexus a little more towards the pool. I think that would solve that problem.

Destîny

08-17-2012

Bump