over half a yr, where is our new Aura armor reduce item

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GrimoireM

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocthon View Post
Before they removed stark's how often did you see it built?

I saw it maybe once in 50-60 games. And rarely because of the armor debuff, it was susually built by a champ who liked the stats (Olaf/Mundo and that's about it)

Hardly high priority to replace it.
I built it pretty much every game I could on certain champions. It was really cost efficient and rewarding. Emblem of Valor was a wonderful early game sustain option and it synergized nicely with Ghostblade or Sword of Divine. It was hardly at all about the armor pen aura, to be honest. The Attack speed and lifesteal numbers sold me, the rest was just a bonus.

But if you wanted to include an armor reduction aura, it would probably build from Brutalizer.

Rawrful

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-16-2012

I built Starks all the time on Corki. When you have your opponent at -30 armor, auto attacks make them explode.

Akechi Kokoro

08-17-2012

AD carries are overpowered enough as is, lategame.

Xela Syab

08-17-2012

here it is.

Youmuu's Ghostblade

+30 Attack Damage +15% Critical Strike Chance UNIQUE Passive: +15% Cooldown Reduction UNIQUE Passive: UNIQUE Aura grants nearby allied champions +20 Armor Penetration UNIQUE Active: You gain 20% Movement Speed and 50% Attack Speed for 4 seconds. Melee basic attacks increase the duration by 2 seconds up to a maximum duration of 8 seconds (60 second cooldown).

axesandspears

08-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xela Syab View Post
here it is.

Youmuu's Ghostblade

+30 Attack Damage +15% Critical Strike Chance UNIQUE Passive: +15% Cooldown Reduction UNIQUE Passive: UNIQUE Aura grants nearby allied champions +20 Armor Penetration UNIQUE Active: You gain 20% Movement Speed and 50% Attack Speed for 4 seconds. Melee basic attacks increase the duration by 2 seconds up to a maximum duration of 8 seconds (60 second cooldown).
Flat penetration should never be able to benefit from double-stack auras.

It should use a 20 armor reduction debuff instead.

Autocthon

08-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimoireM View Post
I built it pretty much every game I could on certain champions. It was really cost efficient and rewarding. Emblem of Valor was a wonderful early game sustain option and it synergized nicely with Ghostblade or Sword of Divine. It was hardly at all about the armor pen aura, to be honest. The Attack speed and lifesteal numbers sold me, the rest was just a bonus.

But if you wanted to include an armor reduction aura, it would probably build from Brutalizer.
Key words: Certain champions.

Like Olaf and Mundo. Who don't *really* miss it all that much since they're in a better spot now than they were when Stark's was still an item anyway.

Iliketurtle

08-18-2012

yeah we need more items even if they are similiar for lawlz

Lithium769

08-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by axesandspears View Post
Hexdrinker/MoM and Wits End already fill the niche for physical damage+magic resistance items.
This is redundant and unnecessary.
WHile I dont like the suggested item specificly I would love to see more items to choose from in general for multiple scenarios.

0R30

08-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by axesandspears View Post
Hexdrinker/MoM and Wits End already fill the niche for physical damage+magic resistance items.
This is redundant and unnecessary.
*wits end gives a bunch of MR, but after you actualy start hitting your oponent, itgives more attack speed which is albit useful, but it dosent syncronize with certain champions well. people who work well with more damage over a team fight insted of in quickbouts, or rely on auto attacks this is a great item.
*Maw of Malmortius gives less MR when Wits has its 4 stcvks, gives raw AD as well as a very small and seamingly unuseable sheild for melee fighters. it also promotes more aggressive play (this is not a bad thing) as it gives more AD the Closer to death you are. this dosent go over well with champions who buy Zekes and/or Blood thirster, or have any typw of sustain. by keeping themselves alive they lower their own damage. (this part is trivial)
*the item i attempted is useful for melee fighters to give them bulk and resiliance twords people like malzahar, Cassiopea, Kat, hell even Teemo. it gives a flat magic reduction so that AD people arn't Impeded by Ninja tabi, but AP casters have no Bulwark to stop them. they can build pure ap with Voidstaff and/or Haunting Guise and compleatly Negate Magic resistance. You have a force of nature and Full Scaling MR Seals? oh im sorry your only ganan get ~44 or under % of what you just workd for, many kills and minions ends up being a slight waste of an item slot.
*the way this item's aura works, as with Abyssal scepter, it works better on melee people or other casters that equire ful team with in their range to be as efective ans still dont want to be compleatly bursted into oblivion by LB in the early game, Kat in the Late game or nearly any other mage. this gives fighters a *fighting chance* (sorry for lame pun) against people who have longer range and are not putting themselves in any risk being on the outskirts of a fight.

my rebutle.
-0R30

axesandspears

08-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0R30 View Post
*wits end gives a bunch of MR, but after you actualy start hitting your oponent, itgives more attack speed which is albit useful, but it dosent syncronize with certain champions well. people who work well with more damage over a team fight insted of in quickbouts, or rely on auto attacks this is a great item.
*Maw of Malmortius gives less MR when Wits has its 4 stcvks, gives raw AD as well as a very small and seamingly unuseable sheild for melee fighters. it also promotes more aggressive play (this is not a bad thing) as it gives more AD the Closer to death you are. this dosent go over well with champions who buy Zekes and/or Blood thirster, or have any typw of sustain. by keeping themselves alive they lower their own damage. (this part is trivial)
*the item i attempted is useful for melee fighters to give them bulk and resiliance twords people like malzahar, Cassiopea, Kat, hell even Teemo. it gives a flat magic reduction so that AD people arn't Impeded by Ninja tabi, but AP casters have no Bulwark to stop them. they can build pure ap with Voidstaff and/or Haunting Guise and compleatly Negate Magic resistance. You have a force of nature and Full Scaling MR Seals? oh im sorry your only ganan get ~44 or under % of what you just workd for, many kills and minions ends up being a slight waste of an item slot.
*the way this item's aura works, as with Abyssal scepter, it works better on melee people or other casters that equire ful team with in their range to be as efective ans still dont want to be compleatly bursted into oblivion by LB in the early game, Kat in the Late game or nearly any other mage. this gives fighters a *fighting chance* (sorry for lame pun) against people who have longer range and are not putting themselves in any risk being on the outskirts of a fight.

my rebutle.
-0R30
  • Yes, Wit's End is based around hitting multiple times to build that mr. It doesn't make sense to build an item with on-hit damage and attack speed if you do not intend to keep auto-attacking during the fight. Obvious_Fact+Obvious_Fact+Obvious_Fact=Obvious_Des ign_That_Is_Not_A_Mistake
  • You are underestimating Maw of Malmortius. Shields are always must stronger than people give them credit because the damage that they absorb is mitigated first. That shield on a champion with 100 magic resistance is blocking 200% of the damage that it says it does, and basically each point of magic resistance you effectively have after all penetration and reduction is 1% extra damage absorption for that shield: armor/(100+armor) = % damage reduction, 100/(100+armor)= % damage taken, (100+armor)/100 = % effective shielding/health, health*(100+armor)/100= effective health against damage type X.
    MoM is focused mostly lopsided towards damage (which is fine, you would have built Banshee's or FoN if you really wanted heavier magic resistance). The increasing ad as you take damage makes sense considering that the Shield only procs when you are at low health. Does MoM's design conflict with "sustain"? Yes.
    Are champions really supposed to have ridiculously high amounts of sustain and still be tough to kill? No!
    Therefore, there is no problem with MoM's design.
  • Champions who want resilience against more sustained magic damage can still make do with health and magic resistance from other sources or take MoM or Wits End. There is no gap in itemization to fill here. YOU are merely unsatisfied with these choices BECAUSE THEY ARE BALANCED! As for the differences in the availability of magic resistance and armor:
    -Physical damage has more potential damage and is always present in higher quantities than magic damage for all game modes that LoL is actually balanced around.
    -Most magic damage is burst-oriented, and it is much easier to survive with flat health than physical damage. This is also why there are no very strong health+magic resistance items equivalent to Randuin's Omen or Sunfire Cape.
    -Auto-attacks have such a high damage cap that strong passives like those of Randuin's, Frozen Heart, and Thornmail must be available for bruisers and tanks to have much chance of doing anything useful late game.
  • Your last segment was almost completely illegible. You are still wrong, this item is not necessary in the slightest.